Organic sugar based nutes not salts

I was going for more ease. I want to save time from mixing up nutes and concocting soil recipes. This would seem to be the kind of product that I would make more time for the other things needed for the grow.

1 Like

Do you want some advice?

1 Like

I wanted to know what the professionals think of this…

1 Like

I have found there is no one answer. I use hydrolyzed fish, seabird and bat guanos, kelp and compost tea

3 Likes

1c39ff_b80c3f45c52743999ed53e4bde8ce64a_mv2 1c39ff_ec73aa4aa179425293dd0b9385b37df8_mv2 1c39ff_6ecbd7a344ed49fd99ae1921070d58b1_mv2

If salts kill plants then why does hydro do so well?
I also don’t see the correlation between pouring pure salt crystals on a slug to 600 to 2,000 ppms of salt-based nutrients. The better analogy would be what would happen to a slug if you poured an ounce of water with a few shakes of salt in it? that still doesn’t work as readily because we’re talking about sodium chloride versus magnesium oxide etc. I agree that high salt environment is not going to promote microbe growth but in hydro there’s no microbes unless they’re added. A solid live soil with enough base material to break down rarely needs any nutrients to get the plant to its potential. How many people add nutrients to living soil? I personally don’t know any. Mostly they use teas and foliers.
a close saying that I’m not trying to be combative but I am challenging some of the statements made. I get that you’re talking about living soil but does everybody?

4 Likes

Teas and foliers sprays are added nutrients.

To much sugar on a plant and it will thrive. To much of salt based nutes and kill everything.

1 Like

@FarmerK what do you think about this. You mainly folier feed right? Lets hear what you have to say. @empyreal.craig knows his stuff well. I use a combination of aged steer manure. Salts and organics nutrients. I mix the manure in a 2 handfuls to a 5 gallon grow bag. And add othere things. But im more interested on what these guys have to say.

1 Like

There’s a big name to drop… is she from University of Guelph… I can’t remember… and living soil and giving your soil sugars truly does make the plant communicate with the soil…

3 Likes

@cjones this may help…How to Maximize Your Cannabis Harvest: Finishing — Ed Rosenthal.
Marijuana Carbohydrates Boost Growth, Root Function

2 Likes

Not a professional opinion at all. But what I like about that label is alot of mention of bacillus ( the good ones ) and also what caught my eye " This product does not require any hazard warning". Looks good to me and stick with sugar rather salts, better for the soil and that is important.

2 Likes

The salts found in bottle nutrients hinders the development of the micro organisms and makes it harder for the plant to uptake nutrients. Sea water has 80+ trace minerals. If you dilute sea water to the same salinity as our blood it is able to be beneficial to plant, animals and humans.

2 Likes

If I weren’t in the middle of a continent, I would try that!!!

2 Likes

Now that the industry is evolving and technology is evolving growers will start learning that the “recipes” they are using are overbearing and unnecessary. I started Royal Knight Ag after years of studying / growing and learning about carbon back technology backed by actual plant science. Agriculture technology has evolved just like any other industry

1 Like

Isn’t that how your company started? By wanting a product that was easy to use and took the labor/research out of the equation…Personally the science of how all the chemicals react with one another is the best part about growing…and enjoying your crop. But consumers like a nice easy to read package explaining everything in nice bright cranyon. By the way the products look and sound amazing.

2 Likes

I’m hearing great things here. How many would be game to try some on a grow?

2 Likes

Id try some and would love to see if i get some baseball bat size colas. Especially being OMRI with stamp on package…buuuut im a 2 plant closet grower currently w spider mites lol so maybe not be to this lvl yet.

1 Like

I am deff giving this a try. I made roses that were bigger than my open hand growing up adding sugar to my watering. I also added food coloring to mess with colors. Lol. I am always concocting something.

This last round that I had a small outbreak of mites, I found that they only attacked my weaker genetics. Even in the cloner. Had to remove the weaker genes and the other strains didn’t have a bug on them. I sat with a scope scanning all of them. They are in my soil , I know that. Thats why I de the entire soil and keep adding it. After these 2 are done ill throw away this dirt. I won’t keep weaker genes after this. Then sanitize everything with acetone or something killer lol. Overkill. I found that very interesting.

Side note though… i don’t think any bug wants the freakshow. The leaves are perfect lol.
The other is a glazed apricot gelato and a skygod.

1 Like

lmao ugly is ugly i guess, not too worried it sounds likes it super common but id rather not have them lol make sense why ppl have some grows set up like a Operation room about to do brain surgery. Plus its all for personal use since the gf doesnt smoke.