Organic sugar based nutes not salts

yep yep. I made the mistake of letting my buddy bring his dirty trashcan to mix soil in. Never again.

No disrespect im sorry about that…
What i meant was I have collected sooo many bag seeds over time and now im afraid to pop from what I saw the bugs do. Outside plants had one plant covered in 3 types of bugs and right next to it nothing. It was super cool to learn but sucked soooo much. Lol.

1 Like

I noticed that none of these products that were posted on here contained NO calcium. Why is that?
Also why is there so many different things that a grower would have to purchase?
This makes it look like just another money making scam for the manufacturer.
I don’t know about all you other growers. But what I’ve been looking for is a good ALL IN ONE. That I can use through veg. and flower. Then I can add the other extra things I want at the amounts I want at the times they are needed.
I have found a manufacturer that makes a all in one product, but its a 2 part, one for veg and one for flower.
But what I have done is I just went with the flowering all in one. Which is 5 20 20. And then added the extras as needed. Such as aminos, cal mag, silica. At the amounts that were needed.
I’ve only done 2 grows this way, ( well only completed 1) I well come back to this in a second. But these grows were some of the strongest and best and easiest I have ever grown. And I’ve been growing since 1970.
I’m not stating I know everything about growing. Far from it, I learn different things every single grow.
For example what this post is about salts. I have always used salts to keep and kill tree roots from damaging septic systems. And works every time, for years. So that is what showed me how bad salts are for plants. But like a frickin idiot on my last grow, I started building a 10x12 greenhouse. So I started vegging my plants indoors. Well it took me 6 months to build the damn thing after work
Anyway like I said, like a frickin idiot. I’ve been seeing other growers adding epson salt to their grows for decades. So I thought I would try it with the 6 plants I put in the greenhouse. And I new better. But I added a quarter of what the manufacturer said. In the first week I saw signs of big trouble. Within a month that shit fried and killed every plant.
So this shows us at least me, how bad salts are for are plants. And I new that. But like a idiot.
One more thing I noticed that the products that were posted on here, were large quantities, are they available in smaller amounts? Cause I sure would like to see how it performs. But I don’t need 5 years worth of product.
So the moral of the story is, dont be a idiot like me. And stick with what YOU know.

2 Likes

No worries…you have a lot of experience growing outdoors correct? Yeah after this 2plant training cycle i need to change a lot of stuff around.

dirty trash cans lol oxymoron almost

In my 50+ years of growing I never seem one product do it all.
The cannabis plant need different nutrient during it’s growing cycle to thrive and produce the best possible buds.
NPK’s N to start P to flower and K to keep it thriving thru the entire cycle
Stay organic and you will be rewarded! So will your consumers

2 Likes

Acronym K.I.S.S- Keep It Simple Stupid thus learn about the NPK and buy tools to help gauge what your levels are at and go from there right? 50yrs is a shit load of time my gromie…midwest living?

1 Like

Started in Southern California in the 60’s - a very magical time
Then it got too crowded move to Northern California in the mid 80’s

2 Likes

Naw. 2 grows outside so far. First was veg inside to flower outside and second was outdoor all cycle. @Ladithief is the outside king here that I’ve seen… i have had alot of crash course knowledge because of it. I do all my growing in a scientific test set up. Same strains different components of growing. This is my 3rd grow with quite a few plants. I grow orchids, yard garden and veggies on the side. I just love growing stuff.

2 Likes

So whats your fav style of growing? Hydro,soil? Whats been your fav strain over time?

what about sohum soils? They state only water is needed for the entire lifetime of your plant.

@ralpht would have the answers that you are looking for. I dont have that knowledge base yet.

I do agree there will always be multiple products. Most are very strong and you have to maintain recipes to ensure your on point. More time that is any of our biggest commodities.

We are always striving to find the best ingredients to make our ladies happy, healthy and oh so delicious. Sugars just seemed like an instant common sence component to ensure super taste profiles to me. I havent grown with it yet. I very much will though. Its exciting to me…

you would have to had started when you were like 10yrs old christ. Magical times indeed. Are you having issues with the fires? its smoked out in socal everything is yellow

1 Like

My favorite stain was and is still a stain developed by Frenchy Cannoli:
Black Lime Reserve
I was blessed to be a judge a couple of times at The Emerald Cup with Swami and Nikki - You can see me on on of Swami’s early face book video’s Smokin with Swami, episode 15.

3 Likes

gotcha mike

1 Like

That sounds delicious!

@oldguy

What do you think of this concept?

As I understand it there are 16 essential elements required for plant growth and they are basically compromised of salts and metals, chelates are used for metals to keep them available for plant uptake… say if your soil is to alkaline Fe, and or Mn is not soluble therefore not available. Salts don’t need to be chelated. The word itself comes from the Latin root meaning claw so try to think of it as the Fe molecule is within a claw that keeps it available for uptake… Fe is a metal cant get Fe from sugar? Potassium is a salt how do you make a salt from sugar?

1 Like

It uses potassium. Its not completely salt free. It utilizes more sugars than others products. The plant will still need its components. These sugars and microbes feed off each other and help the plant to access its nutes faster. The sugars help with terpene enhancement.

Take a look at the recipes in the multiple pics above. It describes their usages and contents. They are pretty awesome. Let me know what you think.

I love frenchy’s hashish videos on YouTube. Great guy.

2 Likes

You can use sea salt as a alternative. 1gram of sea salt to 1 liter of distilled H2O or RO water.

1 Like