Outdoor growing an stuff

Ok that didn’t take long…I got the name wrong partially. They transmit two desiese Mosaic Virus and bacterial wilt. I knew it was a wilt lol…

bacterial wilt disease

Both striped and spotted cucumber beetles transmit the pathogen causing bacterial wilt disease, which requires the plants to be destroyed to reduce the spread of the disease.

Marty

7 Likes

@sssportsmfg they are Ancestral Skunk from Seedsman

8 Likes

Um how do you have a picture of that many Foshe lights? Those are some seriously cool lights! And have a crazy price!
I mistakenly only got 1 :man_facepalming: i was going to get 4 but wanted to test one 1st. What a dumb move. One thing i dont like is the light is one heavy ass unit! But you throw it down some stairs and it will be fine! Its a TANK!

Edit wait wait wait…are those being installed into rail shipping cars or what are those. Im toying with the idea of a larger building as my grow. And another question are there lights already running inside?

6 Likes

Yep been upwards of a hundred here in STL too. If not a hundred 98 and up. They drink water like there is no tomorrow, my tomatoes I have to water three times a day that are in pots.

Marty

6 Likes

Kinda looks like a grow room in progress and they got the bucks lol. Damn that is some serious change in that skid of lights.

Marty

6 Likes

lol this is a grow my son and I are putting together. there are 8 A3i lights 6 ton of AC and 370 pints of dehu and a little CO2 for kicks

this is the dry room

and here is the veg room

can’t wait to get this started

13 Likes

Keep a close eye on that ancestral skunk during flowering, there was some seed runs done using that stock and its been known to herm so def one to be keeping an eye on

8 Likes

Thanks @azseaindooin420 , I grew that outdoors last year but I fubar that so bad. Anyway I says I should try it again and pay closer attention to details, 4 g 5 g 6g , it makes a difference, ph makes a difference, …
sorry , just sum dumb stuff I learned. So one of these is a volunteer from a hermie last year, the other one
was from seedsman seed again. I’ll keep my eye on them tho.

9 Likes

Wth! Gone commercial? Crazy well equipped Sir. :clap: Hat off.

10 Likes

Awsome build out for papa and son !!

That’s some serious planning and design…I’m sure it’s been in the works for some time!!
Is that a 40’ container? They do make excellent ‘clean rooms’ !

Curious to hear how you’re going to address summer heat issues !!

6 Likes

Insulation + AC. Serious insulation that is.

6 Likes

With 6 tons of AC Bob. Course with that much cold dry air coming in I doubt they will need the de-humidifiers until the weather turns cool.

Marty

8 Likes

Marty, I understand that…the containers absorb a tremendous amount of heat when exposed to the sun.
My question pertains more to preventing sun exposure…(under a roof structure or reflective coatings of some kind)…The less heat absorbed…the less the power bill !

Perhaps the interior insulation is efficient enough to solve the problem on it’s own!
Just curious how it will be addressed!

8 Likes

Yep containers don’t have any insulation by themselves unless they were made for refrigerated products. It’s easy enough to make a shield over the top with an air gap to keep the sun off. 6 tons of AC would normally cool a properly insulated 2000-3000 sq ft house. A container is nowhere near that sq ft.

Looks like they are doing a bang up job. Rack systems. Still a lot of heat coming off those lights!

Marty

5 Likes

@TheMadFlascher To answer your question sir, these are modified ,front and back ends, 40’ high cube shipping containers. They have 4" spray foam insulation then Trusscore panels. Oh, they are inside an
insulated building , no AC though. The compressors for the mini-splits are installed outside on East wall.
The AC is for the lights, but we probably won’t have them above 75%. They are some serious bad to the bone lights. We have applied for state license, I’ll keep ya posted.

9 Likes

Thanks papa…First class preperation and construction…LOL, for SERIOUS growers only!!

It all pays off if you’re considering the long haul!!

6 Likes

@papajerry just out of curiosity what did you pay for the containers? And what kind of shape are they in? I am seriously considering selling my house, buying about 2-5 acres, moving to the country and being a certified welder and machinist, HVACR certified… building myself a real nice split level container home. I have a wire feed welder and a oxy acetelene torch already.

Marty

6 Likes

@sssportsmfg these are single trip containers excellent condition $8500.00 ea

8 Likes

What are the widths? I know you said they are 40 feet long, how tall and how wide? A lot of the containers out there are pretty much useless as they are rusted or rotted through. You could make a pretty nice house out of 4-5 of them

Thanks for any info!! Much appreciated!

Marty

6 Likes

Cover the roof with solar panels. 2 birds in one hand. Shade + power supply. And insulate the thing. Makes a hell of a difference.

5 Likes