Peyote Purple - Final Word

I have been curing for a bit more than a month now. 1-3 weeks I burped at least 1-2 times a day for 15 or more minutes in open air and sometimes I would even put my buds on a rolling tray to dry out.

Currently I burp once in 2-3 days, just opening the lids and checking on my buds. The temperature now is 55 F, humidity inside the jars is 52-57.

I used Boveda 62% but got them out to see what’s really happening inside the jars.

When I open the jar, the smell is fresh and tasty, something like cookies, but this is not that stinky cannabis smell. To a touch, some buds are a bit squashy and some are very hard and stiff. There was nothing like chlorophyll when I tried the earliest buds, I expected these cured buds to be even better. But I made some mistakes along the way. I had fluctuating temperatures in the curing area a couple of times.

Those fluctuations might have affected my buds in a bad way. Now I am trying to wait until the humidity inside the jars gets back to 62%.

Jars are filled in proportion 1/3. That means that there is a lot of space in the jars. It seems to me I should try to take out the moisture that is stuck inside the buds.

However, how can I avoid drying my bud being bone dry and when to apply humidity packs and hydrostones?

2 Likes

Update: Good news

I am finally starting to smell some fruity notes! 1 month is not enough, the smell took even longer to break out. I just should have left the jars closed without burping. I was so afraid of mold that I burped too frequently.

Patience is the key, after all.

2 Likes

You seem like an incredibly self aware individual. We need more people like you in the world. This was a great morning read. Thank you for sharing your crop with us.

2 Likes

I am grateful for your support. Thanks to everyone who is engaged in any way. I am not the one who can help others yet but I do appreciate the help provided for me, and I am glad to share my experience as is.

Here are my buds curing :slight_smile: with hydrostones and humidity packs. Risk for developing mold is really low now, I think I can only open jars when I need buds.

4 Likes