pH tap water only ! Super Soil Grow

Ok everyone, going to grow 3 plants in amended soil mix I made using a pro’s recipe. Bottom half of 7 gal. fabric pot with flower mix and top half with roots organics original. Going to do the same thing with green fields on next grow. Warning, some plants may look good some bad in this quest to become a professional grower. This is a new style of grow, seems like every grow I go into is a new style LOL ! I have started growing indoors a couple years ago with FFOF and had great results. Now in my quest I am looking into many different styles of grows. I feel that you only learn by failing.
This one starts out with strawberry cake, mac daddy, and Cheese.
This will change as we go, I have added Elmers Glue and Peyote WiFi.

strawberry cake

14 Likes

Hope she hasn’t sent roots down too deep ! LOL, she has the twisty going on.

2 Likes

another mac daddy

8 Likes

cheese

5 Likes

5 elmers glue @dbrn32 @missiles @budbrother @hoppiefrog @organicgrower4m @myfriendis410 @purpngold74 @doobienoobie @justgrowin @macgyver_stoner @blackthumbbetty
I am going to try to be more detailed in this one, I am venturing into uncharted waters and will only be able to tell if mix is good by reading the plants. Everybody welcome ! All advice please.

13 Likes

You got some good strains in there. I’m looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

7 Likes

Good luck with them :wink: you know if anything comes up we have plenty of growers here that can lend a hand.

6 Likes

Just put these two peyote wifi 's in dirt yesterday, they had tap roots 1/4 long. Want to tag some more people , @imSICKkid @covertgrower @Hemp_Nature @Bogleg @Packee @pomeroymc @tdubwilly @Jess @nick

17 Likes

One of @macgyver_stoner crucial tips is “Always adjust your plain water to 5.8pH before watering.”

4 Likes

That is crucial as well.

5 Likes

I got to hammer out my pH problems ! I have an apera pH pen ph20 and I didn’t have to calibrate it as much as I used to, does that mean it could be going out on me? I have to check it each and every time now. Thinking of getting a back up one.

4 Likes

Thank you @missiles , it is kinda the idea, haha, could go south quickly because I may have filled too much super soil in pot, that is my big worry, how much? With the kind soil they say like one third, then reading about this soil, a person said next time he is going to fill half way because he felt the 1/3 was not enough. We will see.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Am not pretty sure about that issue, but in my weak experience, I think you have to clean any pH tester pen before and after use.

Wishing one of the experts figure out what is the exact issue very soon for you.

2 Likes

@zparkie2, are you watering the whole pot that you’re putting those little seedlings in? Could be a trick of the light but that’s how it looks. I would recommend letting your substrate dry out a little more to avoid any water logging and to stimulate some root growth in the beginning!

It could be going out on you, yes. How long have you had it? Are you always keeping it in storage solution?

8 Likes

Have you used a brush (toothbrush works fine) to clean around the bulb in the tip of the probe? Also are you storing it with KCI solution in the cap up to the full line?

4 Likes

Yes, I am using a squirt bottle and probably just watered a little right before I took the pics. plus the pH pen is like a year old now, but I see maybe I haven’t been cleaning with a brush like I should…

4 Likes

I thought the storage solution was for like if you were not to use it for a couple or few months, I am using this thing like every other day. And It came with a brush, was wondering when I am supposed to use that, I usually clean with my distilled water that I use to calibrate it. Maybe give the probe a gentle brushing , nutes probably built up and messing with it. Thanks @doobienoobie !

5 Likes

Yeah it’s best to always keep it in the solution. And yes the brush will help knock any build up of salts off it. Something to do every few weeks or when you’re going to calibrate it. All little things but they can help keep it more accurate.

6 Likes

I’m with Jess on this. fusarium is a problem that could devastate a Farmer. I just lost three beautiful bud-ing plants to its attack.
Airing the roots is a beautiful thing. I use a two cup system for air pruning and it eliminates root balling.
Peace n Luv my Creative friends

7 Likes

Sunday morning pictures ! So far so good, very young plants. sc growing good, super soil flower mix. hoping the wavy leaves are genetics.

Cheese … wants to grow
macdaddy, getting big
little cold in the tent, but I think it will be okay, have flowering going on in other tent so have to keep things in check.
Elmers glue, bet there is a male in here somewhere.
Like palm trees on the beach !
I fix that when I transplant
group
these are the 2 peyote wifi one is barely poking thru

12 Likes