Planet of the Grapes Grow Journal

Your plants are really looking good @sssportsmfg. I think you’ll pull through this grow my friend. The 1st run is always the most difficult and time consuming.
:v:

3 Likes

Absolutely unbelievable !!! Put that picture up last night at 8pm. Got up this morning to 3" of new growth. All the yellow gone. They drank 2.5 gallons of water, and the PPM went down from 2020 to 1590 in 15 hours. I am elated !!! This is just astounding.

This morning …

Had to make up 3 gal of new nutes and did the calculation we were talking about yesterday. The PH had climbed to 6.1 so I just left the nutes at the 4.8 they came out to to equalize the PH back down.

10 Likes

Chak-a-locka-BOOM!

2 Likes

Love hydroponics

4 Likes

Oxygen to the roots…what it’s all about!!

3 Likes

LOL…thought you would like that.

1 Like

A little mystified though…what would changing the brand of nutes have to do with oxygen to the roots? Still used rainwater, just pre buffered it like we talked about and got rid of the Baking soda PH up. And changed the nutrients from the TPS to Advanced Nutrients.

This was either the nutes, or the chemicals that I was using for PH adjustment. Still rainwater. At this point I am just happy whatever it was lol.

2 Likes

sssportsmfg I was referring to all hydro systems. Their major advantage in assimilation of green matter mass is the fact that the roots are constantly supplied with air! (In your case the airstones in your buckets)
and in other hydro systems the ebb and flow provide much more air to the roots!!) Rockwool and coir can also come pretty close under good management!

2 Likes

I love how fast you can turn around a plant in dwc @sssportsmfg. When you get everything dialed in you can almost watch them grow… You got this brother :facepunch:

2 Likes

Got ya ! Yeah you are right I had a coco grow years ago guess I was holding my mouth right or something, but I had growth in the 3" per day range with that one…course it turned out to be crap seeds and most of them were hermi’s. Wasn’t worth trimming…but grew like crazy lol.

2 Likes

Well I have actually managed to keep them healthy for almost a week now. They are getting crazy bushy, I have side limbs that are making limbs that are getting as big as what you normally see a side limb on the main stalk do. If I can manage to keep these healthy all the way through flower they should have some massive sized buds. I already had to top the two in the front to let the back two catch up.

The right front plant is the most vigorous, and has shade leaves with 11 leaflets and are 11 inches long. They are still not completely repaired yet but are getting there fast. All the yellow leaves are now getting close to normal color but still a little light green. I am adding 2 gal a day of double strength nutes which are running 3300 ppm AN A&B Connoisseur + AN Cal Mag extra and .5ml of the Roots gold only, but when added are diluting down to around 1700ppm. So taking away the PPM’s from non fertilizer additions my PPM is running right at 1260. My PH is after the addition of the nutes this morning 5.56. The largest is now 15" tall, but I topped it yesterday morning. This morning I cut out all the leaves with brown spots that were damaged when things got whack.

Happy camper here.

13 Likes

Looking great sir! Nice quick turnaround there :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Kev! It sure is nice to just add nutes and admire them rather than being in a panic lol.

6 Likes

It’s funny when they say remove the lower limbs.
I’m like which 40 lol

5 Likes

Man I hear that ! I’m telling you I’m going to be cutting back the lights an flipping them in a week, ten days at the most. The poor little one in the back is just going to have to buck it up. When I cut the top off of them yesterday, I already have the side limbs growing up past the main stalk that I topped. And they are so thick it it just outrageous. My little 15" tall plant has a 3/4" thick main stem. I gotta build a room out in my main basement where the ceilings are 9’3" up. I would love nothing better than to have to yell “timber” when I cut them down lol. That would give me over 4 more feet.

4 Likes

My lemon haze got so big it super cropped itself lol.
I pruned 2 of mine but I cant tell I did anything.
Cloned the 2 while I was at it.
4 to go

4 Likes

How tall are your ceilings? After all the drama…and finally getting this on track, now I know why you like Hydro. I’m telling you I was about two heartbeats away from giving up lol.

4 Likes

You should be a happy camper!
NICE!!

3 Likes

I flower in an area I built.
8 ft ceilings but about 6 1/2 ft of grow height.
Your grows will get easier and easier

2 Likes

Thanks Jim…how’s dem Twizzlers doing? I kinda burnt mine up…picked up the wrong nutrient jug. Put up a pic! Here is my poor burnt babies…they gonna live but I set them back. @Hydro did momma take a bucket?

5 Likes