Plant Trouble shooting time!

Still have her in bed . I did something wrong, because the fan leaves have a brim look and the leaves have a toco look. About 10% of the leaves have this topic. PPM,900, PH 5.8. TEMP WATER, 79F TDS, ~800 TENT IS YEILD LAB 5×5×7 WITH A LIGHT, SP40000.??

copy that…roger

When in doubt, flush her out!!! When I see problems start like leaf curls, or discoloration, etc. I will immediately do a fresh water flush with the water at ph 6.0 - 6.2. I use lower ph 5.5-5.8 if Im treating Rockwool, or early veg, but I try to keep my daily ph at that 6.0 also. Your ppm is not high at all so theres not a lot of nutrients or salts in there which is good rite now too. Can you throw up a pic or two?

1 Like

You are on point 100% right but my problem is I’m I’m DIY with a grow pot with a lot of variables that I have not posted on topic. I’m in good parameters are as your advice that is TRUE. DAY 2 WITH JUST 5.5 PH ,ECT… now I have to see if she will keep telling me what she wants or needs. Thank you for getting me some FACTS that are Checked. Going to run a 2nd flush/ Leaching now.

1 Like

I DIY EVERYTHING!!! If they remove youtube university I am screwed! Hahahaha when I started there where No forums or anyone you could ask about growing or grow builds. Hahaha hell, some states 1 plant was a minimum sentence of 5 plus years and that was for even first offenders. Yuck. As for books we had just a couple and that market was cornered by ed R. stuff. I do feel a lot or the guys famous for growing and books are only famous cuz of the time and era they came out. If it where today I don’t think most of them would be known at all. Now there is a flood of material out there. No one is scared of being arrested. Back in the day I wouldn’t even doodle a picture of a pot leaf cuz you’d get in Trouble. Hahahaha Before I seem like i am antique old, I am not, I am 45, but I get pissed when the radio calls Metallica Oldies but goodies Hahaha WTF hahaha

2 Likes

You know the knowledge that I maybe looking for. EXAMPLE What’s the right ppm for CO2 enrichment in a system that has a 2 sq ft. of air chamber, and I want to purge CO2 enrichment to the chamber. What’s the right ppm? Has a DIY auto misting effect for nutrients uptake. My only replays are that I’m crazy, or have no idea what I’m talking about. LMFAO. Do you understand the topic to my question?

I do know what your talking about. Ive never done it by using a small chamber like that. So I am not sure what the co2 ppm levels should be for that, but if it where me and I was gonna try it i would start out low like at 1000p to start. Don’t go over 1500ppm. 1500 was too high a level at some of my grows up in the mountains in Colorado. I kept it around 1000-1200, but that was room size, not a small box like your about to fill and purge. Ive done tests to see high levels of co2 would kill mites. I rocked 2500-3000ppm of co2 in a room,it jacked the plants up hahaha but those little mite bastards stayed alive. Hahahaha I used my full respirator and all. That stuff can kill a person. Wish I knew more for you, but I don’t have that experience with what your going to try.

I have all that you replied to and I’m good all the parameters with a low TDS, ppm,PH, and EC,ECT…And I still have done two leaching with 5.4PH TDS 600s

check the pictures and let me know if you see anything I don’t

Get that ph up to 6.0 Keep it between 6.0-6.5 the rest of the grow. I keep mine between 6.0-6.3. That 5.4 is too low for that lovely lady. When i use 5.5 is when i am treating rockwool blocks or very early flower like little ladies, but i try mot to ever go that low. …the one in the pic needs higher ph. Its not able to fully uptake the nutrients it needs. A little time mixed in with knowledge and you will be rocking colas!!!

That plant doesnt look bad at all. I like what I see. I see you have some of the leaf curling like you mentioned before, but really, it looks fine. Nice color…get that ph up to 6.0. Your rocking it!!! Are you still in veg cycle? Whats your light cycle?

Veg Fay 74 and its 31: high and 3.5feet wide, and I’m getting ready to leaching for the 3rd time today and run neutral water TDS are 156ppm leaching. How I leach is a 5gal bucket I’ll run 15gals of 5.73 and let it transition into preflower.
I have the vegg dialed in and a picture of harvest ![20200521_174658|690x335]
(upload://yUl2qLVkX0TNuKHSGQFq7DHEl1Z.jpeg)

1 Like

I’ve heard of lots of farmers trying to grow hemp next to tobacco having issues with their plants being infected by tobacco plants @bullfrog420. Your right it’s a type of virus. The dea overstepped the 2018 Farm bill with their bs delta 8 thc rule they put into effect. It’s going to be challenged asap and hopefully after a long drawn out period, it will get tossed. But it’s a way to try and ruin all the hemp farmers hard work this year, and drive more people into ruin. It’s a very sad scenario!

2 Likes

I made 25gals of a leaching solution with the permeates as you had mentioned on the topic and its about 8 hours since I did my matiancy to see if I can fix it myself, and not going to check on the classes im taking. Good information you gave me. Toco look has been looking better by the hour. The nutrients burn will take me a few days to see how much better it is GOING to look.
:star_struck:

1 Like

Great read . Your right about the B.S. about the endocannabinoid system works, and your topic on this is great and im​:star_struck::+1: IT.

3 Likes

I know, its ridiculous! I have a buddy who is taking an 80k loss on his hemp from last year. Its all bagged sitting in storage about to be dumped in a ditch line. This years crop, I did figure it all out. Lots of different things rolled into one. He has a tobacco virus, worms, caterpillars, thrips, and fusarium. The processing place near here charged him $ plus kept 40% of the distillates!!! INSANE!!! He now has over 500 liters of cbd distillates made from cbd that tested around 20%. He has no clue what to do with either. Then this with the delta 8, just wow. Poor guy just had a whole lot of vape pens made too. I am not a big vape guy, but they used guerrilla glue terpenes and it tastes really good, but he is pissed cause now he has 2 months to figure something out. He just looked at me and said with this type of loss I should of just bought all the equipment and found someone to process it. He is rite tho, I found people selling full labs worth 1.1 million for only 50k.

3 Likes

That is awesome for 50K. If I can do something it’s marketing and selling.

1 Like

It’s sad and there’s lots of local farmers here in Oregon that are in the same situation. A whole lot of people are going to be out $100,000s it’s such BS. The DEA has been waiting for some way to exploit a loophole in the 2018 farm bill. Science made that possible when they started talking about delta 8 thc. All this madness will never end till cannabis is taken off of the controlled substance list.

1 Like

I hope this brightens your day. This is a farmers down the road from me that Im doing my plant tests at.

3 Likes

I sprayed my love juice on 4 plants yesterday to test. I will take some pics tomorrow when I go inspect things. I sprayed the hemp plants then poured a little on the ground At the base. Fingers crossed. Oh wait, Im goofy, I should give more info on what Im doing.
I made a mix with some goodies and a type of neem oil with an emulsifier/sticking agent. There are specific times and amounts I use. Before any neem haters yell at me hahahaha yes, I too have freaking torched my plants years ago. Hahaha I was not laughing back then. I have had awesome results with this for years. I have removed spider mites, thrips, white flies,man you name it…even battled against pm. So…lets see what this indoor love juice does to those worms and that tobacco disease outside.
Anyway, If I get any positive results with the outdoor plants and fighting the tobacco crap etc etc than I will share everything with detail on here.
Story time: A guy at this hemp farm a year and some said je wanted to see me proove what i say about clones and root times. He said his took around 5-6 weeks. He invited me to his green house and said you cut clones your way with your stuff and take them home, I will do my way and lets see who does what. So My wife and I knock out a tray of clones and go. We knew immediately their where mites on them. I turned my old 8x8 walk in cooler from when I butchered here into a make shift Quarantine baby room. Lol i let them stay in my trays a couple days, then removed the lids and did a spray. After about 7 days we had roots. We transplanted, waited a few days and sprayed again. They got really growing then and I was able to cut clones from them when they where about 21 days old. I threw the originals in the trash. A week or so later those rooted. I treated them of course, and got them transplanted. They where growing well, but not yet ready to clone from when the guy calls me and says he just busted roots at 6 weeks. I love the long pause he had after i told him I was close to my 3rd gen of cuts. Hahaha anyway, here are pics of them now. They are live and doing well. Hahaha I took the pic earlier during off time. They are 18/6. Anyway, I’ve cloned them now a bunch. Hahaha the picture makes them look a little light, but thats just the flash. They are all nice and dark green.

2 Likes

How are things looking. Are you back on some nutrients yet?

1 Like