Pls like this if u agree we need a moderator ;)

I feel we will all agree on a couple things we need a neutral hippie to smooth things over , someone that’s on most of the time…

12 Likes

So I think there’s someone that would be perfect for the position.can we all agree a nomination for @devjyarn is the best thing we can do to make our voices heard the guy is politically correct and polite.and let’s be honest the best man to ask most questions :wink: so pls ppl don’t forget to like both posts or all of them On This thread if you agree management will listen I hope;)

9 Likes

Or if u have other ppl in mind feel free to mention it here (it’s safe in here;)

8 Likes

I will apply for it thanks

2 Likes

Flattered that you’d consider throwing my name in @hoppiefrog, but I haven’t got the time or experience. There are lots of qualified people that would do a great job.

7 Likes

Yupp agreed. Things are getting out of hand here. And the person nominated most certainly shouldnt be someone many people have issues with .

6 Likes

I see why you thought of devjyarn though! But Thanks about being honest about the spare time you have :slight_smile: @devjyarn !

7 Likes

I’d like to mention @zeus also! @devjyarn and @zeus are the 2 persons that stayed polite and professional in all of their interactions. No recriminations, no personal insults. Both have tried to get honest answers from all involved parties and kept a clear head without taking sides. So, imo, both would make great moderators… :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Awe Thanks!! That means a lot. Let’s bring the peace back to Growers Network!

8 Likes

@Kareenabis420 can’t be everywhere at once :wink:
I think we may need another woman to keep the boys in check! :face_with_monocle: (me included…)

8 Likes

@chrisj is another person that is professional and polite he has crazy legendary stories to tell and we could all meet up in South Africa for a smoke off :wink: so here’s a nomination to @chrisj he would be great at it as well as @zeus

5 Likes

One thing is unknown though… How can somebody become a moderator? I looked trough the FAQ and there is no entry on the subject…

Even if Growers Network decides against getting another moderator right now, is it possible to know how that would work? Please, @nick, @nick, @Kareenabis420, is there anywhere we could read up on that subject? I am asking publicly instead of PM, because I think a few people would like to know!

Thanks for any answer GN staff!
But mostly, thanks for this forum!!!

6 Likes

Id be more than willing to help out any way I can … @chrisj is most definitely more qualified for the position than I, but I’d still be happy to do what I can to help. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I would agree that @chrisj is a great nomination! But so are you. @chrisj seems to have more experience growing cannabis, but being a moderator is mostly about being a decent human being and differencing right from wrong. And for that, you both fit the bill perfectly. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Thanks so much ! You’re so kind :blush:

4 Likes

If this is able to happen, I’m sure whoever is chosen, it will make a positive impact in keeping the site feeling like a place people feel comfortable with coming to

4 Likes

I think the moderator should be anyone but the people that caused the immaturity level to drop and must have nothing to do with said events…and @chrisj does fit it…

8 Likes

I am a moderator and admin at 7 different linux/unix forums, I also build my own operating system for both the computer and android phones.

dpkg --list | grep “^rc” | cut -d " " -f 3

aptitude install ‘~RRecommends:(~n^my-package$~ramd64)’ ?

root@x1:/home/piper# mount -t tmpfs -o size=14G,mode=1777 tmpfs /var/cache/me

root@x1:/home/piper# apt update; apt full-upgrade -d -y

[code] #!/bin/bash

pipers multiarch and nvidia installer for Debian-based distros

This script will only work on Debian-based systems. It isn’t bulletproof but

it will probably work if you simply want to install/remove nvidia packages

You must be root to run this script (su -)

As root and cd to where the script is (home for example) cd /username/home ./nv-installer

Feel free to edit what you want, this is customized for my machine

If you would like to see any changes, just ask piper.xxxgmail.com

if [ $USER != ‘root’ ]; then
echo “Sorry, you need to run this as fuckin root (su -)”
exit
fi

if [ ! -e /etc/debian_version ]; then
echo “Looks like you aren’t running this installer on a Debian-based system”
exit
fi

echo ""
    echo ""
    echo -e "\x1B[1;33m What the fuck do you want to do ? \x1B[0m"
	echo ""
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 1)\e[0m \033[32minstall multiarch"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 2)\e[0m \033[32minstall nvidia simulate"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 3)\e[0m \033[32minstall nvidia"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 4)\e[0m \033[32minstall nvidia experimental simulate"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 5)\e[0m \033[32minstall nvidia experimental and sources added to sources.list"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 6)\e[0m \033[32minstall nvidia experimental for those that already have sources enabled"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 7)\e[0m \033[32minstall nvidia-legacy-340xx simulate"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 8)\e[0m \033[32minstall nvidia-legacy-340xx"
    echo -e "\033[1;34m 9)\e[0m \033[0;32minstall nvidia-legacy-390xx simulate"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 10)\e[0m \033[0;32minstall nvidia-legacy-390xx"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 11)\e[0m \033[0;35mremove nvidia simulate"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 12)\e[0m \033[0;35mremove nvidia"
	echo -e "\033[1;34m 13)\e[0m \033[1;36mEXIT"
	echo ""
    read -p $'\e[33mSelect an option [1-13]:\e[0m: ' option
	#read -p "Select an option [1-13]:" option
	case $option in 
	1) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. add multiarch .."
        dpkg --add-architecture i386 
        echo ".. apt update .."
        apt update 

echo ""
		echo "multiarch installed!"
		exit
		;;
    2)	
	    echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia simulate .."
		apt update; apt install -s nvidia-driver nvidia-driver-libs nvidia-settings nvidia-smi nvidia-kernel-dkms vulkan-utils  --install-recommends --assume-yes                         

echo ""
		echo "nvidia simulate tested!"
		exit
		;;
	3) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia .."
		apt update; apt install nvidia-driver nvidia-driver-libs nvidia-settings nvidia-smi nvidia-kernel-dkms vulkan-utils  --install-recommends --assume-yes                         

echo ""
		echo "nvidia installed!"
		exit
		;;
     4) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia experimental simulate  .."
        apt update; apt install -s nvidia-driver nvidia-driver-libs nvidia-settings nvidia-smi nvidia-kernel-dkms vulkan-utils -t experimental --install-recommends --assume-yes  

echo ""
		echo "nvidia experimental tested!"
		exit
		;;
    5) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia experimental and sources added to sources.list .."
        apt update; apt install nvidia-driver nvidia-driver-libs nvidia-settings nvidia-smi nvidia-kernel-dkms vulkan-utils -t experimental --install-recommends --assume-yes
		echo ""
		echo "nvidia experimental installed!"
		exit
		;;
    6) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia experimental for those that already have sources enabled .."
		apt update; apt install nvidia-driver nvidia-driver-libs nvidia-driver-libs-i386  nvidia-settings nvidia-smi nvidia-kernel-dkms vulkan-utils -t experimental --install-recommends --assume-yes

echo ""
		echo "nvidia experimental installed!"
		exit
		;;			
     7) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia 340xx simulate .."
		apt install -s nvidia-legacy-340xx --install-recommends --assume-yes                          

echo ""
		echo "nvidia 340xx tested installed!"
		exit
		;;
     8) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia 340xx .."
		apt install nvidia-legacy-340xx --install-recommends --assume-yes                          

echo ""
		echo "nvidia 340xx installed!"
		exit
		;;
     9)	
	    echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver simulate .."
		apt update; apt install -s nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver  --install-recommends --assume-yes                         

echo ""
		echo "nvidia simulate tested!"
		exit
		;;
	10) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. install nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver .."
		apt update; apt install nvidia-legacy-390xx-driver  --install-recommends --assume-yes                         

echo ""
		echo "nvidia installed!"
		exit
		;;	
    11) 
		echo ""
		echo ".. remove nvidia simulate .."
        apt purge nvidia. -s 

echo ""
		echo "nvidia removed tested!"
		exit
		;;