Preybird farms ** seed test Room! **

Actually i do both. But a wet trim like you do is the best way to go for the best looking buds. Otherwise your dicking around with it later before you can sell it. I also dont like wet trim laying in my trim bins. Lol i waste a lot of trim…technically when im doing the first fan leaves there some sugar leaves that get taken off and since i keep 9 gallon shop vacuum at the ready i suck all the shit up. But i use vacuum bags the paper dust cathing ones. That way as they sit in the vacuum they dont mess up the inside. They can get all nasty and you need to change the bag out before that.

5 Likes

I toss all my rim any more. I used to give it away. I wet trim because it is easy. A one and done deal. I have been thinking about trying dry with a kief catcher. I only grow a hand full of plants at a time now. And smaller plants. So I think I could deal with it now. I like the vacuum bag idea. Since the leaves stick to every thing.

7 Likes

@not2sureyet Get you a good trimmer bowl trimmer works very well and quick after bucking from stems the 19" trimmer makes easy work for a few #'s this went thru 30 mins for 2 pounds dry trim

9 Likes

Thanks @jj520 I had one but didn’t like it. I can see where it would be good for out door grows that are giant sized. But for me. it just tore the buds up more than I liked. I don’t mind the trimming. I Have my trim list of tunes on here that I listen to while trimming. It is relaxing to me. And I get an up close look at how the grow really was. A friend of mine grows out doors and now has the bowl trimmer. She is happy with it. I should have got the freeze dryer when I looked at it. A friend that was getting a lot of stuff from me offered to pay half of it. I could have got it for 2k back then. a year later and it was over 4k Not in my budget since this is just a hobby for me. I love growing. And my friends love smoking :laughing:
Thanks for the advise though :+1:

7 Likes

ok here are some test plants in 1 gallon bags

14 Likes

Awesome plants @PreyBird1!!

10 Likes

That is a full tent. Is that a 4x8?

9 Likes

What plant is that in the second pick ?
it’s got some crazy structure

7 Likes

That’s a freakshow femmanized. From humbolt seeds

9 Likes

That’s a 4x4. With 6 plants in it. On thursday im going to lower the trelis to the lowest plant and then bend the tall plant’s over. There 2 days into flower and i already cloned them all except the freakshow. About 12 days ago so there already growing well. I always clone plants lust before i flip or i reveg and monster crop them. I like a 2nd generation clone there always the best and or better than the original it comes from.

So were sitting at about 21 plants right now. Probably going to keep at least 6 in rotation. Going to start some oldschool hash plant. And cross it with Alaskan thunderfuck. :face_with_monocle:

12 Likes

I have some of @repins12 Manatuska crossed with the hash plant. It is a great plant. The main cola almost equaled a little plant :grin:
Sorry if I ask to many questions. How do you like those bags? And do they have holes in the bottom of it. I guess i could make some if there were none.
I have this set up i use for doing 1 gallon bags like that. It allows me to run off one of my reservoirs.
It will be interesting to see how you progress with these :grin:

13 Likes

I remeber this from ilgm posts when i firstbstarted ubhad it grown already then tho. Bad ass bud buddy.

5 Likes

Nice buds!
some of my other strains grow bigger than that. Look at dutch passion “ultimate” i made a few crosses using it because it was huge!

Heres another strain.

Those are some of my bigger ones. I have a lot more strains that grow pretty massive. But too big and you start having mold or bud rot!

12 Likes

:heart_eyes: I love big buds. But you are right. Once they start to get a little firm. A few fans and dehumidifier are needed. I have that strain. Only in a photo. Maybe it should get one in this next grow. In the 12/12 tent.

8 Likes

I like bongrips. But I like joints more. :man_shrugging: Waste or not, bongrips taste just like burn to me, a joint also, but is has a little flavour. For flavour I like the vape even more but it doesn’t have the charm of a joint, it’s what I miss.

10 Likes

I do also. Its harder to sell flower here. So carts are easier to sell…

I waited for another sale today. And i got $400 of a rosin press. I got a new nug smasher touch. I also had some cash in venmo from medical sales. So it really only cost me $1450 for this unit after tax.

I have a Rosintek cheap little mini press and its sucks for smashing flower. Makes ok hash…

10 Likes

Very nice press

8 Likes

Cool, congratulations! can’t wait to see it in action!

8 Likes

So ive run quite a bit of material through sifter. And i have a out 20 grams of keefe. Im waiting on a press to arrive so i can test it out. And i think i have about 1lb of flower left to sift out. I just cut clones for my hydro system and i made 2 extra clones to for a couple friends.

12 Likes

Ok and update here and all 12 baby mothers are looking excellent!

13 Likes