Preybird farms ** seed test Room! **

Got some funky growth on this one. Blood red leaf stems 3 leaves. Interesting :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

Got a few exclusive samples from Barneys farm in Holland.
We have some Liberty Haze! If its good we can make something later with one of my crosses maybe.

13 Likes

It has been a while since I have seen red leaves. I used to get them all the time when using the GH nutes. And I am glad you posted the seed picts. I dropped on a few nights ago and had forgot about it. I better check in on it. You have some nice little tails there :+1:

7 Likes

Im going to grow this one out also. I got these before the fires happened in Hawaii. They are supposed to bleed red when you cut them!

10 Likes

Ok the liberty hazes are up. One seedling only has only one cotyledon?

11 Likes

Does the other coty still jave the seed skin on it to keep it from growing. Ive had a couple do that if u dont take the skin off if its stil there the keaf will die off and mine still hrew just looked weird with pne lesf. Lol.

6 Likes

There is no other cotyledon there is something growing could be the first 2 leaves.

And here is the normal one.

12 Likes

We got a leaf! Lol

And the normal one.

11 Likes

Ok so i upgraded the cannabis cave! Like a bat cave but better. I finally got my plexi glass installed on my work bench. Its 93"x 34" and i moved the canatrol machine onto a rolling platform under the work bench. Then i upgraded the keefe collection process and got a rosineer tumbler. And then i bought a nugsmasher touch rosin press. I already had some small 3.5g pressing bags and some silicone mats and rosing tools. So I tried out the press today.

And my 1st try and my 1st real pressing… i sucked!
My packing of the bag sucked, i had too much bag. And i set the temps at 210f for 120 seconds at 800psi and i went over like 20 seconds geeze :man_facepalming:. So for 3.2g of destemmed flower i got a miserable .25g return.

Now the 2nd run i packed the bag better. And i did invert the corners of both bags so i could get it to stay round. Ive been watching a lot of nugsmasher videos! And i smashed the buds down into bags more uniformly and much tighter packed. Then i was able to remove a lot more of the bag and i adjusted the press target to 1000psi and 120 on duration at 210f and for 3.5g then i pulled half the stem out.

It yielded .6g this time so almost triple the 1st try! I might try a lower temp? Never pressed any flower before this really. I mean i have a rosintek baby press that sucks nuts. I tried pressing one time before and it just made a mess! And using this nugmaster touch was pretty fun. The presses little computer brain was awesome at calculating the exact pressures for the bag size and shows the exact plate pressure settings and the actuall plate pressures so you can get the squish psi right on target. Then the brain starts your timer and helps you not blow out the bag and keeps the squish consistent and temps perfect i like it. Its way Fucking overpriced in my opinion and id like to test the rosineers $900 automatic press. The nug smasher has a couple things i dont like and i think that are pretty lame. Like the handle for the press is straight up ghetto! I mean the handle is meant to come off and on but is so sloppy you can litterally bang it into the sides and scrape the handle against the presses body and when you press it all the way down the handle bangs into the inside base of the presses mount inside the press. And its not balanced well and if you dont have your hand on top of the press and one on the handle it will tip over! Yeah they will be getting a review about the sloppy ass handle and the other lameness! For almost $3k its a fail on those 3 things. I like the press but im not really happy about some of the not well thought out or is it the implementation of the quality of fitment of the final press. Id expect a lot better quality for the money. Because i can by multiple presses from other brands for the same money.

10 Likes

Sweet setup :fire:
Take that little prepress that you were pressing hash in they’re actually made for putting your bags filled with flower in and prepressing them in a vice or your press if it fits that way your Puck is prepressed then lower your plates and give your bag a preheat and slowly ramp up the temperatures once you see oil start coming out of the bag slowly ramp up the pressure and usually 180-200 is good for flower and you want your flower to start out in the upper 60s on moisture that will really help with returns and you really only get 25%-ish return on flower usually :v:t2:

8 Likes

Well now we 1 leaf and a half leaf and one cotyledon!

This one is just fine need to transplant it already. Maybe another day and i will.

11 Likes

The runt will probably turn out to be some killer smoke. :thinking:

9 Likes

That’s usually why i let every plant have a chance and i let any plant that makes it grow until flower.

10 Likes

Ok harvested this gal last night. She made excellent sized buds for a 1 gallon pot! It Made a massive main cola! This is another of my galactic god series

14 Likes

For what u press out if u know ur gonna press any. Leave it at a higher rh like 61 62 rh presses super nice then. Anything more rh over 64 65 and u get a crackle to it because of the moisture left inside still i believe. I never get a crackle or sizzle unless its a bit too much rh but 58rh is too low and give a shitty return. Just pressed out 14 grams yesterday and got back 4.3g pressed same stiff but satbout in air a day longer and it pressed out 16g and got back 2.9g i press i fill my pouches pretty tight give a slight pre press before i warm the press up then i go to town 200 to 210 for flower somedsys lower twmps but less yield i dont time it i press it so much pressure and keep adding til press is maxes out at 7 ton give a nice pressure wait a few and add more pressure othwrwise u get blowouts if u squeeze too hard too quick. Looks like some good stuff to puff on tho no matter the quantity u got back. Lol

7 Likes

You gonna have a LONGGGGGGG veg on those eastern varieties for sure, so Prey when did you start moving into the Sativa’s?

Marty

Long time from on here, hello everyone!

11 Likes

Hello. Familiar nane. We havnt spoke a whole lot when u were on here. Glad to see u back.

8 Likes

Hey how the heck are you? I never got to finish them. The grow was comprised and i shut it down. For 250 days i grew nothing. I packed up the grow and moved it. I started over again with 650sft grow instead of my 8 tent 1,650sqft grow. No more 8 site hydro. Just a smaller 4 site system and a 4x4 tent. And 1 more 4x4 and a small closet. Then i have 2) 2x4’ tents for breeding. So i have 4 tents and a closet going now.

8 Likes

Holy crap! Well that sucks!! I have just been piddling around, not growing anything at the present time. Lots of health issues, pretty much sorted out now. Anyway, so sorry to hear you had to shut it down. I have been playing with the idea of doing some Thai, or if I can actually ever find it some real unmolested Jamaican Lambs bread. But they are a LONG flower. Sure can’t do it outside here in the Midwest.

So have you or anyone on here done a full grow on the collaboration between Exotic genetics and Solefire called flavor burst? Supposed to be from all I have read some fire stuff. I got a free pack of them (6) fems from North Alantic seed when I purchased some other Exotic releases a couple of years ago. Supposed to be a rare bird. I got online recently and did a search on the name and apparently they have released several that they used the same name but not the same parents. First time I have seen that. I am thinking about dropping a couple of them and see what they turn out like.

Good to see all the old names still on here!!

Marty

8 Likes

Yeah im running full steam with my smaller grow. Been pressing shit now. I actually took my very first dab of my own rosin last light. I got a mini dab rig for like $59 i might buy an E-dab rig? I was never really rinto dabbing :man_shrugging: I took a decent dab then went up stairs and took a bong rip!

11 Likes