QA - First Grow

Hello I haven’t had chance to introduce myself to community because I was doing so much research to try and get this right. My mindset is to grow commercially and supply dispensaries in the future but for now just grow some good :evergreen_tree: that I can feel good about smoking. This will be my first grow so I’m acting like a parent having their first kid just buying hella stuff that it seem like I need but probably don’t :sweat_smile:. Will attempt to document my grow here any help will be much appreciated. Starting with some supposedly high quality seeds so wish me luck.

11 Likes

My first question is how do you supply electricity to lights and fans inside grow tent without water damage or starting fire???

5 Likes

The answer is Carefully lol :wink: Welcome to the forum and grats on taking the leap. I am new myself but I do know that there are a lot of experts that cruise this forum so the answers you seek can probably be found here. Good luck, Oso.

7 Likes

Whats up oso? Use a high joule rated surge protector. With a 15’-20’ cord on it. Zip tie it to the ceiling in the tent and keep all the cords up there. Also Make sure there are no power cords on the floor of the tent in your flood tray. The little fold out floor with the veclro straps. This is meant to hold water in case it floods and you dont want cords where water is going to be. Inside the tent not much you can do but there is less moisture at the top of the tent due to the heat difference of 7 degrees from floor to ceiling. And almost all the equipment mounts to the ceiling anyways.

4 Likes

@preybird1 Cool! Makes sense I will try that as soon as I set up.

2 Likes

Here’s the first run. One is a little late to the party but hopefully she catches up.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum yo. @PreyBird1 is a legit grower and great to ask questions to. He suggested my tent which is currently being shipped.and from what I’ve seen hes probably thee go to about breeding questionnaire. I’m a first timer too. Only got 2 going ATM. Ur babies look great. Maybe try n push more dirt around them tall girls. My first few times growing mine got about as tall as urs n just wilted over n died. (4 times trying to be exact) Got told by a couple old heads I needed to push dirt around those tiny stems for extra support. Now look at me…

Shes tryna REFLOWER :heart_eyes::scream::heart_eyes::scream:
My baby girl all grown!!! sniff sniff

7 Likes

Yea @PreyBird1 is the man for sure. I learned the most from him actually. And thanks good to know I was waiting on tent to come in to transplant buts it’s taking forever :confused:. Hopefully they stand tall until then or I might just have to go in a small cup. Your plants look great btw can’t imagine that far ahead yet I still have that beginner anxious feeling.

4 Likes

Shes for sure trying. :100::100::nail_care: don’t transplant. Just pile dirt. Make that stem stronger.

3 Likes

Hello!!! Welcome to the group! I am also new (joined like a week ago). I am doing my first grow as well! I made a thread for the things I will need for a grow tent and everyone has been chipping in with stuff I might need or haven’t thought of. Definitely give it a glance if you want! I’m hoping that my first grow can help others too. Welcome to the community!!

3 Likes

The best advice ive gotten about seeding is plant in ur flowering pot that way u transplant as little as possible. All I gotta do its pile on dirt. No need to disturb the roots or lady

2 Likes

Stoopid auto correct…so conceded. Any I should be u lmao

1 Like

@swayla when transplanting are your feeding soil or just putting in soil and covering? Also about how far down did you go into soil?

1 Like

I will check it out @katmwall

2 Likes

I went as far as the first leaves. Possibly farther only cuz they eventually fall off. Maybe a note or 3

2 Likes

I’m all soil bro. Just winging it. River bottom soil n my girl seems to love it

2 Likes

Hey @oso how far away is the light from the plants There stretching to much. Light is to far away or is not intense enough. There trying to reach to much. They may fall over.

2 Likes

Hey when you transplant thise put the soil 1" below the leaves it wont hurt and actually makes the roots better and more growth.

4 Likes

My light is 6" above the plant and see how short it is. Also my light makes little to no heat. That way the light is intense and keeps the plant short and the node spacing tight.

3 Likes

I’m using a propagation tray with t5 bulb right above it I guess it’s time to change to real lights

2 Likes