Quantum Board discussion

Sweet good looking out

3 Likes

And the Quantum boards as well as the COBs do emit IR spectrum but not UV. UV will increase THC but destroy CBD!

1 Like

I use digikey for all my light part needs… I tell @dbrn32 what I want etc he sends a parts list I order then build when they come…

3 Likes

Hmmm I’ll message him the LEDs I have now seem to have a good light balance from uva all the way to ir but would like 4 or 5 individual boards one for each plant that has the whole uva to ir spectrum

3 Likes

I have not heard that uva destroys cbd I will have to look into that but look at these comes

The lights I have are Amazon lights that run from uva to ir so they say and these are the comes coming from 2 of them they say they r 1500 equivalent but only pull 260 or so from the wall

4 Likes

I have found the same, even stacked up against other lights that are very efficient.

My puck rail runs at 300 watts. I wanted more power out of a rail than 260 and the pucks have me more than that but there is definitely more heat for me to deal with than that QB. I love my pucks but in the end I think I would give my quantum board the upper hand in efficiency. My QB tent definitely stays cooler.

Here’s a quick pic journal of the build…super easy @davesnothere and super easy to add on another puck

5 Likes

New light from Arden uses 8 strips of LM301H and LM351H. 4th week of flower and look at all those budsites!!!

7 Likes

I will probably have to wait until next years tax time to afford my own but I must say that this thread has made me very excited to upgrade! I can’t thank you all enough for helping me become a better grower.
Can anyone explain to me the difference of 3000k and 4000k?

2 Likes

Its color temperature

If your looking for one light to take you through veg and flower then you wanna buy a 3000k fixture

But if you wanna buy two lights: one for veg and one for flower then you wanna get about a 5500k for veg and between 2500k-3000k for flower.

I don’t wanna buy two lights and do the light switching process that they do with MH/HPS instead I just buy 3000k fixtures @davesnothere

3 Likes

I was watching a video by growmau5 and he brought out this light from chilLED that looks nice

2 Likes

Check these lights out.

2 Likes

What is up with growmau5? I won’t to chilled too get some of the gen 2 and they are sold out and going to the contract us page it says they ate no longer doing anything and regretting people to rapidled idc for the pucks personally

2 Likes

Awesome light outta my range. Beautiful garden!

2 Likes

Hmmm? I dunno.

The last time I purchased from them was last year.

1 Like

2 Likes

I use to run 7500k for veg and 3000k for flower… I like the 7500k over the 7000k… just a little more blue sky day…

2 Likes

I pretty much only know hortilux’s research so may not be correct, I have a hortilux MH bulb that’s the best I have ever used so far… It’s 5500k (it’s the most expensive bulb u will ever see) but it’s a special light for sure.most blue I have ever seen in a grow light.

1 Like

They have discontinued their gen 2. Its a bit sad because it was a great light.

I don’t even know what two lights I have…lol… I was given a list for each… ordered the parts… got aluminum palte for a heat sinc and built…lol…

1 Like

I see that they discontinued it directly but any idea where I can find em? I checked Ebay Google Amazon any idea?

1 Like