Quantum Board discussion

Curious what everyone’s experiences with these boards are.

3 Likes

I like QB’s

But I also like my pucks

8 Likes

Last grow season, I used a QB light in one tent & blurples in the other.

This year, I’m buying another QB and getting rid of all blurples for good.

12 Likes

Wow all these new lights and technology…I’m so far behind and also inspired at the same time. I’m a starting over from 1998 and I remember when we had white phosphorus bulbs and crappy shop lights as grow lights. The cultivation scene is awe striking and I am mesmerized. @blackrhumbbetty very nice job. I have seen a few of your threads and bow down to your skills :pray:

I just dropped 2x white runtz seeds tonight because I really liked the flavor and candy smell. Runts is good also but a little harsh. I will be watching your post for tips and I love the pics.

4 Likes

QB’s all the way. The bud density change alone is worth the price

Packee

7 Likes

Oh, thank you, but be warned, I often live up to my name. :grinning:

Also, QB’s might be a bigger investment right off the bat, but they’ll save you lots of money down the line AND help decrease your grow room temps. Plus, dense buds, tighter node spacing, deeper light penetration, and a very high ppfd.

7 Likes

I just recently purchased the 260W QB V2 Rspec. Been up and running a week for strictly flower. I’ve seen good results, plants seem to be growing faster. I’m coming from a vipar and a mars 300W that just didn’t seem to have enough intensity to even cover my 2x2. I have the QBs up all the way about 13 inches from the tops and no burning or bleaching so far. Temps around 79F with lights on. Less than with my other lights!

3 Likes

This is the exact reason that I would suggest any light emitting over 2 umol/s. Most QB are above 2.5umol/s.

Moving from cheap LEDs to better lights was not a choice I regret. I still grew great weed with the old lights and grew allot of it but the increases density of the weed is undeniable while still using less electricity.

8 Likes

Yeah my quality was good as well, just wasn’t seeing the weight you’d expect from the buds. They were somewhat dense but not rock hard dense which is what we all want! A week in I have no regrets. I’ll still use the vipar for a micro bloom dedicated to CBD but the mars… veg light lol

4 Likes

@tdubwilly could you explain the two boards in the pictures? I’m trying to figure out the best build for a 2x4 tent

2 Likes

I plan on switching from hps to quantum boards at tax time in the flower tent it’s an 8x4 gonna continue to veg with my cmh lights but looking for some suggestions

2 Likes

I am using 4 QB 132’s for my vegging this time around. A new build. I also have 2 QB288 V2 Rspec boards for my flowering time. I can’t wait to see the results. My tent is only 2 x 4 so plenty of light for the grow I am told.

GG Auto flower. 3 weeks from germination.

3 Likes

2x4 go with the 260w QB

4 Likes

QB 288 boards with Meanwell drivers

2 Likes

@drj is this what you are talking about? https://www.horticulturelightinggroup.ca/products/260w-qb-v2-led-kit?variant=13586129715243

3 Likes

That’s the one my man!

4 Likes

I have 10 now. 6 like the one you posted and 4 are the XL version. On the 6 I cut the heatsink in half and used aluminum bars to make like the XL’s so they all hang nicely together.

5 Likes

I’d need 4 for an 8x4 right? Would I be better off getting 2 hlg550s?

2 Likes

The one with two lights is HLGs 260 QB

These are two really great QBs for a 2x4 setup

https://growershouse.com/horticulture-lighting-group-hlg-320w-qb-v2-led-kit-rspec

The other lighting system you see is Growmau’s pucks from Rapid Led

I built mine with just three of the pucks instead of 4 and then added in a coupe of “blurples” in between that look like this

@davesnothere

4 Likes

Yeah for sure man

2 Likes