Quantum Board discussion

@tdubwilly thank you sir!

3 Likes

I have 4 of the QB 260 XL’s in my 4x8 tent. better coverage with the XL version.

2 Likes

How much was it for the 4

2 Likes

$349ea for the XL kits and $304 for the reg kit and I cut the heatsink in half then bought 2 small 3/4" x 36" aluminum bars to make XL sized

5 Likes

181782_2

4 Likes

I paid a total (includes shipping & tax, US) of $240.00 for my leds Two 288 V2 boards (Samsung LM301B Diodes)

I bought them here

https://niemiled.com/product/niemi-260w-led-quantum-board-dimmable/

I have nothing to do with the company, I am disabled and on a strict budget

3 Likes

Man that is a fantastic idea!!! Might do this for my 2x4. I have the 260w too

2 Likes

I’ve been looking into QBs and am still a bit confused I watched growmau5 stuff and just dont get it QBs are they full spectrum including uva and ir? Are they for just flower? I have 2 4x4 and am going to try and get the timing right for a perpetual grow just ending my first ever grow and started my second with 4 plants

1 Like

It’s based on temperature more 3000k, 4500k etc. I find that quantum boards have less heat, good spread, very very good on the power bill. They use white leds, the RSPEC boards do have red leds specifically for flowering. I had a COB and that sucker ran HOT. Wish I would’ve invested in the quantum boards right off the bat.

3 Likes

Sweet good looking out

3 Likes

And the Quantum boards as well as the COBs do emit IR spectrum but not UV. UV will increase THC but destroy CBD!

1 Like

I use digikey for all my light part needs… I tell @dbrn32 what I want etc he sends a parts list I order then build when they come…

3 Likes

Hmmm I’ll message him the LEDs I have now seem to have a good light balance from uva all the way to ir but would like 4 or 5 individual boards one for each plant that has the whole uva to ir spectrum

3 Likes

I have not heard that uva destroys cbd I will have to look into that but look at these comes

The lights I have are Amazon lights that run from uva to ir so they say and these are the comes coming from 2 of them they say they r 1500 equivalent but only pull 260 or so from the wall

4 Likes

I have found the same, even stacked up against other lights that are very efficient.

My puck rail runs at 300 watts. I wanted more power out of a rail than 260 and the pucks have me more than that but there is definitely more heat for me to deal with than that QB. I love my pucks but in the end I think I would give my quantum board the upper hand in efficiency. My QB tent definitely stays cooler.

Here’s a quick pic journal of the build…super easy @davesnothere and super easy to add on another puck

5 Likes

New light from Arden uses 8 strips of LM301H and LM351H. 4th week of flower and look at all those budsites!!!

7 Likes

I will probably have to wait until next years tax time to afford my own but I must say that this thread has made me very excited to upgrade! I can’t thank you all enough for helping me become a better grower.
Can anyone explain to me the difference of 3000k and 4000k?

2 Likes

Its color temperature

If your looking for one light to take you through veg and flower then you wanna buy a 3000k fixture

But if you wanna buy two lights: one for veg and one for flower then you wanna get about a 5500k for veg and between 2500k-3000k for flower.

I don’t wanna buy two lights and do the light switching process that they do with MH/HPS instead I just buy 3000k fixtures @davesnothere

3 Likes

I was watching a video by growmau5 and he brought out this light from chilLED that looks nice

2 Likes

Check these lights out.

2 Likes