Quantum Board discussion

What is up with growmau5? I won’t to chilled too get some of the gen 2 and they are sold out and going to the contract us page it says they ate no longer doing anything and regretting people to rapidled idc for the pucks personally

2 Likes

Awesome light outta my range. Beautiful garden!

2 Likes

Hmmm? I dunno.

The last time I purchased from them was last year.

1 Like

2 Likes

I use to run 7500k for veg and 3000k for flower… I like the 7500k over the 7000k… just a little more blue sky day…

2 Likes

I pretty much only know hortilux’s research so may not be correct, I have a hortilux MH bulb that’s the best I have ever used so far… It’s 5500k (it’s the most expensive bulb u will ever see) but it’s a special light for sure.most blue I have ever seen in a grow light.

1 Like

They have discontinued their gen 2. Its a bit sad because it was a great light.

I don’t even know what two lights I have…lol… I was given a list for each… ordered the parts… got aluminum palte for a heat sinc and built…lol…

1 Like

I see that they discontinued it directly but any idea where I can find em? I checked Ebay Google Amazon any idea?

1 Like

UPDATE I got an email back from ChilLED and was told that yes the gen 2 is done with but the GEN 3 is in development and an announcement will be made in the fall. I asked if the Gen 3 will be similar to the Gen 2 and am still awaiting response but if it is he same or better then the Gen 2 I would suggest that as a quantum board as the specs and independent reviews were great

1 Like

I like them. I had no idea they existed. Silly me I go on all kinds of forums I should have known. This all started with 3 seeds I got in a bag from a dispensary. And then the grew way to big out side and the neighbors were worrying me and then the deer. So I moved it inside and found growers house. And clicked the link and found all these wonderful friends and family here AMAZING. really helped me out in information and teaching.
What are you getting at?

1 Like

Well the wattage drop on these LED are awesome. I just got a 5k severance check and a better position at the company New owner came in. Sooooo i bought 2 of the 260 watts Niemi led. But…I ordered 10 days ago and no lights?? I called and there was no answer. I text and no response. I was getting worried.:anguished:. And then the the phone rang and a text followed. Then an e-mail apology for the delay.

I have been in customer service for 25yrs and it can make and break you quick. I get annoyed by free things for mistakes and 90% of time i refuse them based the principle of it. It should be done correctly and if not. im going to tell you about why and how you messed it up and leave it that. no free food for mistakes. I have an insanely rich brother and he complains about all kinds shit. And gets comped for mistakes and what not. He is not a good person. I dont like that and i work for everything i have since i was 8 yrs old. Newspaper routes and even 3 jobs at 1 point. Thank you for the upgrade for the mistake. I will take it this time but with prejudice. Because i was not given a choice. But this company stood behind ther Customer service and did a good thing without needing to. GOOD JOB NIEME LED. https://niemiled.com/

2 Likes

It took 3 days to get to my house (WNY) after order, I am happy with what I see so far, I have to get soil yet, then dropping beans

1 Like

Just got my lights last night. I will be conecting the 2 together into 1 light for my 4x4 tent. They recommend 1 light for 3x3 for flower and veg it works in a 4x4. But since im only using them to flower they are going into 1 tent. But i have many light options and ballast so i may put 1 in each tent and run the hps at 50% power so then i can get the full 1000 watts. Any thoughts

3 Likes

Combination HID and LED lighting has produced some nice buds for my friend. If you don’t mind the consumption of the HID fixture, go for it.

1 Like

Well im kind of trying things. I just started growing again and i have 2x 1000w 6" reflectors and 6 more digital ballasts. And a 1150 watt ballast. Some 400 watt and some 600 watt. And 2x HPS bulbs @ 1000 watts and 2x MH in a 600 watt and a 400 watt. And now the 2 quantum boards. The HPS is nice for flowering.

My power bill went up $30 a month running a 1000 watt HPS 12/12 hour. A 600 watt MH 24hrs a day. And a T5 sunblaze 4’x13" 4 bulb light and a single T5 4’. A 650 cfm fan a 450 cfm fan. 2 mini fans 24 hrs a day. Im hoping the quantum boards save like $15 a month. Then i can run both my DWC 4 site 3 gallon buckets at the same time for that $15

2 Likes

Well well well. The quantum board is insanely bright. I did some lumen test with and app. And its amazing the akount of lumens these put out. I pluggedbin o ly the dimmers and was dissatisfied. Then i realized i had 2 more plugs to plug in. Then it was like aliens had landed.

This was the lux measurement on the 400 MH on 100% power setting.

Here was the lumens at the canopy with the quantum board HOLY SHIT! The max is 92000 lumens at 12" from the light. Amazing so far. I swapped all the plants into the bloom tent from the vegg tent. And i transplanted 4 clones from the turbo cloner into media ocaen forest soil. And i cleaned out the turbo cloner and reset it with 10 clones. And placed the mothers into the large vegg tent to gain size so i can clone them again. So im hetting the timing perfect for perpetuating my grows.

2 Likes

Right on! Do you have a plan for light levels throughout your plants’ stages? Looks like you should be able to dial in clone/veg/flower perfectly.

2 Likes

Wow impressed still. Ther gonna flip in to 12/12 in 12 minutes

1 Like

I dont like these dimmers. I wish they were step dimmers. Because i like to run at 75% then 100% then 110% or 1150 watts at the last stage of flower. Thats what did this last batch. And it was seriously sticky smelly awesomeness. Right now im just blasting them with light.

2 Likes