Quantum Board discussion

Did you measure the light they were vegging in?

I have glasses for when this lights is on and you need them. These light will blind you quick like a camera flash

Ha this camera does this light no justice. Its really bright!

2 Likes

Yes here was the lumens.

This is the new quantum board.

1 Like

Quantum light

Vegging light

1 Like

I’d try to start them as close to the number at vegging, and move them up to the max within a week.

I’m going to guess your phone and app work the same as mine (I double checked with a quantum meter myself and figured dividing by 100 was right) Clone I go from 150-200, veg 200-500 over 3 to 4 weeks, flower up to 800 over a week (as much as 1000 depending on genetics).

2 Likes

Ahh like hardening the plant before full sunlight. I see what you mean now.

3 Likes

Last time i did 100 watt t5 seedlings and small plants. Then they go down to the lower shelf for a 400 watt t5. Then into the large vegg tent 400watt MH. Then to the flower tent with a1000watt HPS at 75% or 750 watts then in 2 weeks it goes up to 100% or 1000 watt and then i was at 110% 1150 watt at maximum For the rest of the flower cycle.

1 Like

that is the new set up have not run a par test but it is 4 mau5 pucks with 2 hlg rspec and 2 qb288 running on 2 hlg-480h-c2100b drivers running off site and out of the room to eliminate heat

3 Likes

Very nice. Any more problems with plant light burn?

1 Like

So far i have not noticed a difference in buds. They feel just as dense as my last batch using a HPS 1000 watt. Very crystally. At full power it makes similar heat as the HPS. Very nice so far. I dont like how niemiled.com assembled the lights. I would have done it differently. And the drivers would not be on the heat sink and would be outside the tent.

Yeah, that’s why I put mine together, right now I do have it on the heat sink cause I grow in the basement (man cave) and my temps stay at about 74F and the humidity is anywhere from 45-50%

Well i have 3 degrees more heat total than i want on HPS in the summer. But i did not have the led in the summer. So i have to wait to see what temp i get when its hot outside again.

I want to try a saber 100 w as a T5 replacement but at $225 for one thats crazy talk. If i convert my 5 fluorescent to led its $125 for bulbs. And there 41 watts each so 164 watts for 4. Power consumption is wayyy down. But i cant find the boards they use to make the saber light anywhere. You can by cob light in boards but only blue, red, green. I have found a driver $14 and the light for $119 so thats better that horticulture lighting groups prices. And the driver only pulls 60 watts. So i like the 60 watts vs. 164 watts. So i think im gonna try one out for my vegging nursery tents.

No no more light burn raised em to the roof and since I got the killawatt was able to dial them down to 450 watts rather then eyeballing it lol when I did that and plugged in the killawatt my eyeball was at 756 watts lol which is what gave em the burn my temps are staying awesome will have to compare in the summer but they are worth it

1 Like

forget the saber look at this at rapid led only 85 watts they say 3 for a flower for a 2x4 have a 3000k or 4000k

Just got 2 HLG v2 4000k 65 watt quantum boards. For my 3rd tent!

1 Like

Just ordered the series 3 +red spectrum. 500watt. Replacing one of my thousand watt hps

I would like to make a suggestion STOP BUYING PREBUILT RIGS LOL if you are talking about the HLG rspec 550 it is almost 1000 I built the same rig and actually built the equivalent of 2 for the same

this is the rig I built
2 HLG 288 V2 RSPEC
2 HLG 288 V2 3000K
4 GROWMAU5 PUCKS
4 SLATE HEATSINKS (HLG BOARDS)
4 PIN HEATSINKS (PUCKS)
2 HLG-480H-C2100B
2 730 NM FAR RED BOARDS
all mounted on 2020 aluminum frame rails
I have not done a PAR test but will after this run but just look at the tests on the lights from the websites the 4 HLG boards alone are rated for a 5x5 flower but running the 8 lights softer gives me the same photons for less power and a larger spread and greater penetration and it was super easy to build after this run I will be tearing it down and rebuilding to clean up the wiring and will take pics and video if anyone would be I interested in learning

5 Likes

I build my 2 lights and yes it was super easy… Digi Key is awesome for the electronics and strips… I always consult with @dbrn32 dor my lighting needs then put it together when it arrives…

2 Likes