Questions autoflowering

I have white widow autoflowering in grow tent at home I’m on week 6 and has not started budding yet should I be concerned and if I should what should I do?

1 Like

Welcome to this great place @danny4amy.
I am pretty sure that autos will do their thing in their own time, just have to be patient.
But we can ask somebody that grows them : what do you think @blackthumbbetty and @deusoboy420?

1 Like

Try a 12/12 hour light cycle until it starts to flower. There’s a another method that involves adding high phosphorus and potassium (bloom booster) to initiate flowering on autos. I’ve tried the latter many times with success.
When an auto flowers is dependent on age from what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Any pistils showing?

2 Likes

Some autos flower in less then sixty days. Some eighty plus. Depending on the breeder and what fillial level they are. They might not even be autos.
Example if you cross a photo and auto you need to go to f3 min to get close to 100% autos. At f1 you have four combinations
Pp PP pP pp. The ratio at f1is 75/25. F2 goes to 25/75. F3 is where it gets good. Of course this is heterozygous. Homozygous is different

3 Likes

First thing you should do is to contact the breeder if possible or seed bank if ya have to…See if they can give you a no BS answer if they screw around then take that as they don’t know what the hell they are talking about. Most Auto’s are pretty fast but some can take 75-80 plus days to flower.

If you aren’t happy with the answer from the breeder then look at other diaries that have been posted. In fact that would probably be the easiest thing really…If all else fails just flip em to 12/12 and let it go…

2 Likes

The good thing about breeding autos and photos is that their flowering characteristics are (or should be if you’re working with pure auto and pure photo genetics) homozygous dominant. Getting to the F3 line should almost guarantee the seeds are auto.

3 Likes

Correct. A lot of people need to understand F lines. And the homo/hetero side of breeding. Most of you would be surprised with what you can do. Its pretty fun stuff

2 Likes

Most people can’t seem to.do this type of breeding due to the autos life span
:protip: pollen ate your autos at week 2 of flower

1 Like

Welcome @danny4amy! In my experience with Auto’s I’ve never had to wait 6 weeks for them to show bud sites. I usually see that in the second week of flower. @sponge made a great point about switching the lights to 12 hours on and 12 hours off. I think that will do the trick, imo. Good luck and make sure you let us know whatever method you decide to go with. That way we can guide you along if they still don’t bloom.

1 Like

If you need to go 12/12 then its probally not a auto. Auto dont require any change in light schedule.

1 Like

Very true. It does spur them on though more than just leaving them, say under a veg light the entire time.

Not really they have a built in lifespan. You could give it 24 hours of light or 5 it would make no difference. Only yield would be effected. If you switch to 1212 and it starts to flower. Chances are its a photo from a F1or F2 heterozygous cross

2 Likes

I’ve seen auto growers do the 12/12 trick with autoflowers that take forever to initiate flower. Then as soon as the auto initiated flower they switch back to 18/6 or 24/0 etc., without the plant reverting back to veg.
I don’t have a link to those grows but go to the autoflower network and I’m sure it’s in the tips and tricks section.
That’s why I stopped running autos. Too unpredictable.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s kinda my stance. They aren’t worth.growing. and being attacked for my opinion. A auto will never out yield a photo. Its my opinion anyone who doesn’t like it. Ignore me. Or let me know so I can.block.you
Auto are great for beginners. If you really are a grower. You aren’t growing autos. End of story

1 Like

Why, and Who are you ? to threaten people if they don’t agree with you, that your going to block them

I also wouldn’t tell any user that only regular seeds are the best way to go, anything else (fems, auto’s) means your a rookie, noob, less-experienced grower.

I know to well “reg” seeds, grew them all my life, before you were born, we had no such thing as seedless weed.

Now within the last year, I have have one arm / hand, I am going to grow the best I can not listen to slithering bloke who doesn’t know his … (that’s right)

This is not a growers universe anymore, this is like a day care center.

1 Like

I used to run them exclusively but I started getting subpar product, low yields. I’ve had some that yielded well every now and then but it’s usually luck of the draw with autos.
I find autos harder to grow lol. If you piss the autos off early in veg it could mess with weight and quality. In fact you have to run a damn near perfect grow to get good results. I agree with you tho on photoperiods.

1 Like

Seems every comment I make I’m being harrased by a few members.
I will no longer respond to any topic on the forums. If anyone wants to talk to me DM
I’m done

Hey everyone! I’m leaving the office for the day. Quit the fighting please. Have a nice weekend.

5 Likes

Come on guys.