Random questions from a new tweed grower

Hello Growers Network Washington Tweed a new grower of tweed with outdoor vegetable and flower garden experiences, currently on my first grow with some mistakes made hoping to hear from experienced fellow growers answers or recommendations. I am also have joined to share any and all wisdom threw my own life experience and wisdom learned, I hope to give back and help the world in a unique special way never done before that i’m still planning, Was an assistant golf pro at A large member owned club in Naples FL Hold the 0331MOS earned the title US Marine after high school followed with associates in business i also have profound understanding and knowledge of blockchain tech and defi with real life changing success finding me along the way of that journey. If anyone may have a question i might be able to answer please let me know, when the human species realizes there is enough for us all to share and help thy neighbors the world will rotate on smoother Axis…

4 Likes

White Widow auto that seems on the verge of turning herm or maybe did? 0 grow experience leaves my eyes unsure since all the potential variables that may be involved what i was reading the colax’s seemed to be looking banana :banana: like and the flowers weren’t producing like the others i plucked a few off straight off and there was nothing hard or seed like developed but unsure if this is because the process takes time to happen? I also read that the likely hood of a plant turning full hermie is rather rare thoughts?

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

her sister

6 Likes

Those are just the female calyx bud, don’t see anything that would indicate herms, any male parts don’t have the white or orange strands from the end of it. My concern though is it looks like u went to heavy on the defoliation and got urself a lot of small popcorn buds. What are u doing for feeding em?

5 Likes

Thank you i will put her back in the tent to finish untrained eyes are clueless, honestly I was a jack ass and set the grow back from the start doing something so stupid like make compost tea with worm castings and molasse’s that I covered thinking a stir would suffice for enough oxygen which covering off and on for about 36 hours made some bad microbes in soil and I also didn’t use solos to germ my seeds and to experiment 1 plant didn’t get this treatment and is almost 6ft tall which i posted and managed to save her other sisters. First week of August is when they germinated but due to the mistakes and growth from the plants being slowed the flowering process actually was considered started and to begin feeding nutes which I have been cautious about doing not wanting to loose any additonal harvest 2 weeks ago I started feeing tiger bloom buds and blooms along with advanced nutes cal mag and 1 molasses compost tea in between.

4 Likes

is correct method when topping the stem is not broken?

4 Likes

Another mutant I grew

6 Likes

All plants pictured minus the example of the girl topped were started and put to soil at the same times another element currently out of range is my humidity and wasn’t thinking overall sense and perspective trying to find a remedy as i bought a dehumidifier big enough for the 4x4 tent instead of a unit big enough to regulate the space and air around the tent which is what makes most sense to dial things in which also is probably not helping the girls flower my humidity has been 65 to 80 %

5 Likes

Oh ya, that will def cause issues, I actually do my feedings with the actively aerated compost teas so can always help ya out in that department but an air pump is an absolute must, I use the vivosun 1750gph 102w model. Looks like your topping was done correctly although I prefer the FIMM method cuz u get 3 or 4 tops instead of just 2, also I’d leave a lil more if a tail and not right up to the last two branches growing. High humidity is usually an issue with thicker buds and risking mold, just keep a good fan on things and u should dodge some issues from it

3 Likes

I believe the other process you described is what I also read and did on a sister plant to my second batch of 4 white widow auto 2 got this treatment 2 got the other, just because I never topped for crop before. I didn’t try even topping any of the first plants as i knew they were stressed from getting myself back familiar with my style and process to care take and grow one thing is for sure I learn from my mistakes these days so more time than not mistakes will add value. Thank you for your time and attention very appreciated.

4 Likes

I fed the seeds that i just popped and pushed into soil like a moron with that spoiled tea because all the soil and coco brands and companies with product to use and grow had my inexperience thinking i would add benefit by doing this in seed stage which is not anything like i have learned you should do since the seeds are self sufficient to survive for around 10 days or so.

2 Likes

When feeding with teas and microbes I’ve had no I’ll effects feeding seedlings after a few days, every where I read I’ve always seen wait 10-14 days but I never do, just go for it when I’m already feeding other plants. Just same as any other feeding of not doing to much for plant size

2 Likes

@WashingtonTweed , welcome to GN. thanks for sharing your grow. All looks great, just keep those girls flowering and fed. Shout if you have any further questions.

3 Likes

Thanks Chrisj, luckily i was i have been fortunate enough with my time to be as diligent checking in multiple times daily able to catch any signs of issue and acted on problem or issue which saved the plants from quick adjustment . I also have moved the dehumidifier that I just bought to higher surface to catch moisture leaving the new air intake opened at the lowest level on the grow tent since heat rises right before lights out at midnight eastern i manage to drop 12% from earlier posts. I purchased 4 different tents since August for multiple process hoping to consistently grow perpetually. This is my first sativa strain Blue Diesel auto and 1st try at some flavors banana Auto and Grand Daddy purple Auto

I bought from Rocket seeds coming from Beaver Seeds

4 Likes

Sounds like you on top of it, with some great seeds. " If you think smoking weed is addictive, try growing it. " Happy growing.

4 Likes

I actually without thinking did the same tonight with cal mag extra and believe that the result likely would of been the same except for the tea that was covered and possibly killed a portion of the microbes and choosing to dump on my virgin soil instead of down the drain where it belonged, LOL live and learn, I posted a pic of some Blue diesel banana auto and grand daddy purple I got from Rocket seeds

2 Likes

The White Widow Auto comes from IGLM they have some Rocket speed shipping West to East Coast know thatA couple seeds that were Beaver seeds Banana kush auto didn’t pop or germinate still 3 left

3 Likes

I do actually have another question only seed from Ilgm White Widow Auto that was showing locked out sign with second leaf development not sure if it might be disease or genetics or what, I didn’t realize how stress or certain things can Hermie plants and really is what makes me ask if this is worth growing out or not worth the risk? I also have been scratching my soil prior to watering and feeding which seems to help increase nutrient intake in growth the 4 widows in Veg about 5 weeks along with this runt shot up after this and is growing actually the stem just turned healthy color looking like its about to possibly have a growth spurt, new experiences for me!! Thank you for any attention and time I appreciate it

3 Likes