Rockwool, Floraflex, Bruce Banner and Monster Profit

Started my second grow 7 days ago. My first grow was dwc and it turned out great. However, due to height restrictions I scrog to get more out of it. I am growing in a 2x2x5 tent so not alot of height. Using rockwool cubes allows me to get a bit more height and gets rid if changing out the bucket every week. I picked up both clones from ye olde apothecary and they were a bit rough but hopefully will be pretty girls soon. I am using grodan hugo cubes and floraflex tops and bottoms. Just started adding a good dose of nutes last night. I am also trying floraflex nutes for the first time.

8 Likes

Nice Setup @chittyhydro
Good Luck recovering those ladies.
I’m following

4 Likes

Made a huge improvement today! I grow in my attic and I have the 2x2 tent above. Well today I removed the tent and sealed up the entire area where the tent was! From 2x2 to 5x8, plenty of space for future expansion now. Im also going to run panda film around the bottom 4ft of the walls and possibly cover the floor but not sure how it would withstand walking on.

5 Likes

Also started lst last night. They turned up towards the light for the most part. They seem to be settling in still from the transplant. They arent drooping as much as they were. I can also see a few roots of each on the bottom of the hugo grow cubes now so they are moving in.

5 Likes

Very Nice.
Congrats on the expansion :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @docdre!

2 Likes

The girls are looking much better now! Just chugging along! Today I plumbed in 1" pvc and a floraflex bubbler. I also popped 3 blueberry seeds and got them stuck in 1.5" rockwool cubes. Hopefully in a couple of days I will be able move them into the veg room and get them going too.

4 Likes

Just some things Ive learned from experience. Watering rockwool is kind of tricky. Im not able to afford the grosense meter for 2k so I have to go buy weight and listening to the plant. The plants seem to react really quickly to anything in rockwool so just watching tells a lot of the story. I started them at 70ml a day thinking it would help the roots grow out and chase the water. Instead I underwatered them too much and they started drooping and showing nute deficiency signs. I switched up to 150ml a day. After getting the water right they greened right up and the leaves perked up.

On another great note the blueberry seedlings barely pushed the seed above the top of the cubes today. Pretty excited to get them in the tent with the others and start them going with light.

3 Likes

Blueberry seedlings are coming along! Excited to see all 3 of 3 made it this far!

Monster Profit and Brice Banner are doing well too! Training them around in a circle so hopefully the blueberry can catch up.

4 Likes

Blueberry is in the game! Going to hand water them for 2-3 weeks so I can adapt them to full strength nutes slowly.

4 Likes

When you water Hugo blocks it’s called shots , I start out with 10 seconds and gradually work up as they need it , you can buy a timer on amazon called a nearpow and it can be set for seconds

9 Likes

I have 2 Blueberries (seeds from a friend, not sure on the genetics) growing currently.
Happy Growing

3 Likes

Yes, I am using the same timer. I am currently watering for 12 seconds which equals 130ml. I am watering 2 hours after lights turn on.

The Blueberry seems a bit stunted warming up to.the larger cubes but im sure itl just take off here soon.

The Bruce Banner is going crazy now far surpassing the growth of the Monster Profit. It started a bit bigger in the first place.

This is going to be an interesting garden to keep the canopy even!

4 Likes

My set up is not working the best for having 3 different stages of growth. I need to be creative and come up with a way to control the watering individually. The bruce banner is cookin along and drinking alot while the monster profit is not growing near as fast and only drinking maybe half as much. Then at some point I want to add in the 3 blueberry to the irigation system. Im starting to think maybe adding drippers at different flow rates might be the answer to my issues instead of open flow timed.

2 Likes

Everything seems to be going great! Bruce Banner is still kicking ass! Blueberry is getting its first true sets of leaves now, cant wait til the roots really spread and they start growing fast. Heres a little pic just showing from when i got them to now.

6 Likes

Coming along :wink:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Topped the blueberry last night!

6 Likes

Looking good! What kind of light are you using and how far is it from the plants?

4 Likes

I am using 2 x viparspectra v300s, soon to add a third. They are about 24 inches from the canopy.

5 Likes