Rockwool, Floraflex, Bruce Banner and Monster Profit

I ran my lights for 3 days this way at 70% Veg and 50% Bloom

5 Likes

@devjyarn thank you for the help!!!

The only environmental control I do not really have at this time is humidity. I also do not have an ac in there yet but will by the time heat could be an issue. I have humidity control on my ac infinity fan but i do not use it due to temps in the area.

I am growing in my attic in a enclosed home built tent basically. It is approximately 5x7x5.5. I keep the temp between 73-75. Humidity is typically between 30-40 except when it rains it can go up to 60 for a day. My res temp is 68. I use florflex powder nutes and i use tap water. My tap water has a ppm of 125-150. I do still supplement with 50% strength calmag and I also use hygrozyme in the res. I ise 2 x viparspectra v300 lights soon to be replaced by a marshydro tsw2000.

The 2 blueberry were started from seed, the monster profit and bruce banner were clones from the dispensary. I have been training the 2 clones to stay short so the seedlings can catch up and have a even canopy. The blueberry has been topped once so i assume that stunted the growth a bit. I have also had watering issues since the begging and that is likely because the plants are at different stages in life.

I am currently watering 2 times a day. Once when the lights turn on and once 3 hours before they go out. Im not really sure on what the cunes should feel like when they have properly dried back so that is part of the learning curve also affected by them being at different stages. I switched up mid grow from using the standard top woth free flow to drippers now of dofferent sizes so i can control how much water they get individually.

Any other info you need just let me know!

2 Likes

@Tygrow78 when i lower these the plants slightly droop. Really right about 20 inches seems to be where they are happy.

3 Likes

Yes, our plants will ultimately tell us what they like and don’t like. I always listen to them too. Keep doing what your doing. Looking great!

4 Likes

Took a few days but the underwatered and tortured bruce banner is catching up and drying back as it should. I went ahead and switched back to the top feed system to have more water available per shot. Il use inserts in the bubbler to give a little less per shot to the blueberries.

5 Likes

May have fixed a big issue today! First of all I got my marshydro tsw2000 today. Woot woot! While installing it i pulled down the temp probe and it was laying outside of the tent. After I hung the light i noticed it was really warm in there. The probe being outside made the heater run non stop but that was a quick easy fix. My next concern was why did my exhaust fan not turn on when it was hot. After taking some things apart i found a freaking mouse stuck in the impeller!! So for how ever long its been there, it was crisy, the plants have not had fresh air being pumped in! Im guessing that may have a bit to do with why my plants are growing slowly! When I built this space I forgot to go around back and hook a vent up on the other side of the fan and it comes out at the ground. Damn mouse just wondered right in!

Pretty excited for the light to come on tonight and be able to see my girls in thier true colors!

7 Likes

What the fuck, wow (mouse) cool that you have your lights

5 Likes

I also picked up some new seeds to get started. I got some candy shop from ethos genetics. I plan to build another small space and use one of my blurple lights to start them growing. I plan to start them when I have about 1.5 months left of flower on this run. Then they will be ready to train and bush out slowly by the time this area is cleared out.

I think il also hook up a small duct fan that runs on a timer so it keeps a steady flow of fresh air coming in at set times even if it isnt too hot in there.

8 Likes

Woohoo nice to be able to see the actual colors of the plants!

4 Likes

You dont need a fan coming in. Negative air pressure works fine. Just have a fan up high to take the heat out. And a vent open on the bottom. And a fan inside to move air around and make the plants stronger stem wise so they make bigger buds. Must have air movement.

6 Likes

Ive got plenty of air movement, besides a mouse being stuck in it the fan only came on when it was too hot. Its been pretty cold lately so it never comes on. I. Cleared the mouse and have it set at anconstant low now so i think im good on fresh air

5 Likes

Built a veg room today so I can get the next round of seeds started and cut down some grow time!

6 Likes

Also built a support for a trellis today so these branches dont break from big nugs!

6 Likes

Eww a mouse. Lucky the fan didn’t overheat and catch fire. Wow scary. I hate rodents. I (had) voles. And they ate 23 cantaloupe 6 watermelons countless tomatoes. Then i relocated a feral cat colony to my property a 3 pack. And they eat anything that moves lol. They took care of the rodent issue in 1 day. But they were in quarantine for 90 days to ensurebthey knew where there home base is and where there food is. Relocation typically happens within 30 days and is very successful. But we felt 3 months was best so they dont try and return to where they originated. All the cats are feral strays we captured the mother and her kittens and have them spayed neutered and released to live in the yard

4 Likes

We have cats in my neighborhood too for rodent patrol… I actually have spiders in the bushes by fence I look after and even 1 full grown lizard that’s helps my patio from insects and pests

5 Likes

I Love seeing the Lizards and Geckos in my yard and around my plants. It completes this little eco system around my plants.

6 Likes

Trellis is installed! Ready for these beauties to stretch and get some big nugs!

7 Likes

So since my girls are growing slow the only thing I could think of is the absence of humidity control. I bought a humidifier to add to the veg tent. From my research it seems like humidity can cause issues and since mine is typically around 30 I think it needs to be controlled. I found several instances where people say 70-80% for seedlings since they arent drinking from the roots yet. Hopefully it makes a difference!

3 Likes

yep humidity will half your harvest if you are not careful. good job getting on it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Seeds popped in the other tent tonight so I got those planted. Check out my new journal for updates on those girls!

These ladies are rolling along great! They definitely seem to be growing quicker now and warming up for the stretch. Im eager to have 3 different strains on hand but also eager to have 1 strain with all 6 at the same stage in life for watering and feeding purposes. Im right about 800ppm right now and Il change the res out and go up to 1000ppm to see how they react in 2 days. Im not messing with the humidity in the flower room yet as it stays at 30-40 typically on its own. According to my research that is about where I want it during flower anyways. Its starting to warm up and its typically really humid here so i may need a dehumidifier soon instead. Il also need a a/c unit due to the location of the room. If not itl get to 115 in the room every day this summer. That was also in a 2x2 last year so now i have a bigger space and more air movement.

5 Likes