Scentless weed?

This is a first for me but I’m growing out these Iranian landraces and one of them had a curry-like smell at the jump of flower but now that it’s almost ready to chop, it smells like nothing. Does that mean it’s CBD or something? Should I just wait for cure? Like I’m getting no smells at all, just the common “plant” smell

3 Likes

No clue on that landrace. I did have a cal dream do that to me about 2 weeks before harvest. She came back around in cure jars. I’d wait to see. Good luck with that one!:+1::v:

4 Likes

Hmm, ok. The waiting game it is

2 Likes

How long u got left on the grow.

3 Likes

@districtflora im sure it’ll come back around… keep us posted what smell is like when drying… I think then you will know… unfortunately I read up that if it has no smell it probably won’t be great but just what I read… dont take my word it may be great… the beauty of it all

3 Likes

A few weeks. Flushing now, it’s got some decent trichrome production as well. Not particularly frosty but it’s noticeable

1 Like

Probably correct :confused:

1 Like

I was going to suggest a terp enhancer but since your flushing no point now let us know how it turns out

1 Like

I’m new but here is my 2 cents. Turn off your filter/fan for about 30 min. Stand in front of the filter and you should get a good whiff of your girls.
I don’t smell them either till I went out and my dog unplugged the cord. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Possibly, it means the grower used full synthetics, no sulphur ,messed up, can all result in no terpenes or flavonoids. For some folks the grow is like a dungeon and filthy. Terpenes is medicine and without em, the cannabinoids are not as effective and I won’t smoke/vape it.
Not to mention taste like ass.
It’s possible the plant lost or never had terpenes from several ways but most common is overfeeding burns up terpenes.

Hemp or Cannabis or CBD has nothing to do with why it’s a ghosted on the terpenes.

Input = Output.
Feed crap, get crap is what I’m saying.

That’s sweet you have Iranian Landrace and I would most certainly be interested in more info if you don’t mind.
We like to turn landraces into a big bad beast by our own crosses.
It’s very likely that your strain has some CBD or holds something funky.
Like mouse935 was saying, how about trying a terpene enhance, in the next grow.
I use vegan sulphite as a nutrient to enhance terpenes with Key to LIfe Garden’s sulphur Silver Bullet my favorite nutrient.

Kyle M

2 Likes

Yea I found unless your plant foxtails a lot of your upper flowers lose their smell but then come back with the cure( I suspect a lot of Terps is stored In the stem and the dry pulls them to the buds)

1 Like

Crazy weird. Hope it has taste after cure.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll update when it’s actually ready

1 Like

Naw, it’s not even that. I meant no smell to touch (with gloves on) even lol. I don’t use a filter fan tbh

Damn, I don’t think most of what you named as an issue is in fact the source of my lil debacle but this is a great analysis that I’m going to screen shot as a reference for future questions regarding terps. Thank you!

May be onto something with the lack of terps though, it IS a landrace strain that has not been worked. The other one smells great so I just have to chalk up to the game I guess!

Regarding landrace: I collect land races and have more than I can grow. Should PM me, I’d be willing to share if I could have help playing catch up to make more

2 Likes

Smells not everything as long as your trics are good it should get you high lol

1 Like

Ya know, I got a new LED light and noticed the buds doing that (it shot up during flower and my light couldn’t go any higher for them). I read strong lights too close could cause buds to do that and I didn’t put two and two together until a few weeks ago and adjusted the dimmer. Maybe it’s a combo of that and low terps as @FarmerK suggested

1 Like

Valid! Lol maybe means it was meant to be hash which I’m sure it usually is in Iran

1 Like

Well if your gonna go that route u can always throw some flower of the stinky one in with the wash just to give it a lil flavor profile

1 Like

Next grow run some terp enhancer nutes

1 Like