Scryptic's Newbie Grow --> Blackberry Kush & Super Silver Haze

Naw. They will bounce right back in days. Fluffier than before.

8 Likes

Awesome. Always great to see when new growers first did their homework themselves and then nail it straight out of the gate! Keep it up. :+1:

8 Likes

You’re making me blush @MrMonkey420 In all fairness I have a decent amount of experience with cultivating cacti, veggies, and other ethnobotanicals so it’s just a matter of adjusting to what cannabis likes.

@Slym3r you were right. They look pretty decent today.

8 Likes

So for the controller that don’t turn the light off all the way. Is it plugged into a 6way or anything. So etimes it will still do a small draw to keep lights on. Are u positive there r no crossed wires that would cause the light to stay on. When a times goes off it should lose all contact for power to pass so should not have any power running thru that line after the timer. Maybe there is a draw back or something from an area. Have u jiggled all wires coming from and going to light and driver?? Any connections give a squeeze and twist to see if it is a short or something causing this. Someone else had this issue before I wanna say on ilgm. And solved the issue but I’ll be damned if I remember who it was to tag them. Maybe @kapouic may remember who had this similar or exact issue

6 Likes

I had it plugged into an AC Infinity UIS Socket and also the dimmer controller that is controlled by the smart controller. It appears that the LED is drawing power through the controller cable and not the power source. I don’t know how that’s possible but a mechanical timer solved the issue for me. Now I adjust the dimmer manually.

That’s what it looked like with power off using the UIS Socket and dimmer controller from the AC Infinity cloud controller. Maybe that’s not enough to disturb the dark period but I wanted to be 100% certain.

7 Likes

LST continues!

Fertilized yesterday with Coast of Maine Stonington Organic Plant Food.

Increased light to ~550 PPFD

I’m really happy with the way these are filling out. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Transplanted one SSH seedling that was ready to 1 gallon pot.

9 Likes

I just started this college semester with a thread for my psychology class introducing myself and I told everyone about my first grow :rofl:

LetTheSinBegin

8 Likes

How should I go about pruning these plants?

Would you establish several branches and prune the rest or try to get as many branches established as possible?

7 Likes

If ur gonna tie them open more do that first. Then just take the biggest leaves that cover good potential sites so they receive light and grow more. If u can tuck the leaf tuck it less removal more production

6 Likes

And I got a package made up for u but wife forgot to take it with her today so hope tomorrow if we don’t get a blizzard here. It’s supposed to get major shitty out.

6 Likes

Perfect thank you! That answers my question :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Yeah I have yours packaged and my sister is going to take it to the post office hopefully today. I’ll get you a tracking number :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I don’t need it unless it don’t make it but then I can let u know and u can try it if needed. Usually make it here well so far unless I order from a china company then we get bones. Lol. No more from China. I’ll find the list I had the wife make out and send u a copy u’ll see what’s coming I didn’t write number of seeds on paper tho just kinds they r. I believe u will be super super happy lol. Won’t have to buy seeds for a minute unless u find a kind u really want.

5 Likes

Sweet! You rock!
thumbs-up-well-done

5 Likes

Day 46

~700 PPFD

Fertilized a few days ago with CoM Plant Food and gave them compost tea.

9 Likes

Looking good man. Weather is finally giving in on us some. It been cold and bad snowy out here. Like frigid cold. Lol.

7 Likes

It just got brutally cold here. Today is a balmy -9 F. :cold_face:

6 Likes

Day 49 ! :face_with_monocle:

Tomorrow they’re getting some Boogie Brew compost tea. I haven’t watered until runoff yet but I feel like I could be adding more fertilizer.

Already fertilized once with Coast of Maine Plant Food but it doesn’t seem like much for the size of those plants. I need to take some TDS readings but I haven’t had any runoff to test yet.

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking lately that I might not have the ideal LED for flowering. It has some blue diodes that seem like it would subtract from yield.

Do you think it’s worth worrying about? I’ve been trying to figure out if I could afford to buy an HLG before flower.

SONOFARM SF4000 LED Grow Light, Indoor Grow Lamp for Plants, Veg to Flower Bloom, Dimmable & Daisy Chain, 4x4 5x5 Grow Tent, Full Spectrum LM301B Diodes and Meanwell Driver https://a.co/d/2vK01i0

5 Likes