Seed preservation run **KING KONG**

So this is where i will document the preservation of the strain (King Kong) = ed rosenthals super bud x chronic 1990.

Ed Rosenthal super bud.

Introduced in 2006 by Dutch breeder and seedbank Sensi Seeds in honor of their dear friend, Ed Rosenthal, the layering and qualities in this strain is a rare accomplishment. A superb balance of the best traits from each end of the cannabis spectrum has been achieved through expert selection over countless generations. The blend of tropical genes in this strain’s multi-faceted background is especially wide-ranging, representing sativas from all around the equatorial zone: Africa, South East Asia, Central America, and the Caribbean.

I only have (5) regular seeds. 5 have sprouted in 27 hours. 1 has a nice long tail. And the other 4 are growing 1 is kinda runty and not doing much well see what happens. Im hoping for a mating pair. Or a male and several females. This is kind of a strain that was forgotten about and kind of rare/hard to find.

I planted all 5 seeds tonight and fed them the starting nutrients i always use :+1:

I need a male c’mon. If not i will sts induce it and make femmanized seeds. Either way this is what i told the guy that sold them to me i was going to do with them. Then he tried to get them back after he realized there wasnt anymore. And he tried very hard!. And i know another grower that has also grown this strain and got the seeds from this same guy i got mine from. So i know there the real ones. He tried to buy more but i got the last 5. Wish me luck and wish for a male and female so we can get seeds. Because i like to share seeds.

36 Likes

Good luck @PreyBird1 ! Not that you need it. You do some pretty amazing things. Always amazed by all your endeavors. I’ll be watching.
Just love all the strains you create and experiment with :v::green_heart:

7 Likes

Sounds like a plan my brother, Ed’s cool I run a lot of his soil mix recipe.
I’ll be following this one, always good to keep the old school alive :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

8 Likes

Ooooo sounds amazing

7 Likes

Definitely going to be tuning in for this

3 Likes

Those runt’s can be the surprising ones.

Following!

4 Likes

Well we got 4 strong! I pulled the shells out which came off on there own. But 1 has no action yet.

19 Likes

Looking good man. Super cool saving genetics😎

2 Likes

Best of luck I heard it’s impossible to get a pure Acapulco gold land race male seed anymore because the only remaining pure genetics are all clones or feminized decendants so any preservations is really admirable

2 Likes

Will be following this one! Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Nice!!! Ive got the 88G13HP from NDNguy BEFORE Hazeman got ahold of them, I was thinking about doing a seed run with those as well. The promise was to not sell this seed, only give them away. So i gotta take my 6 and make a bunch. Im watching and following along closely!! :v::v::fire::fire:

4 Likes

10 Likes

interesting genetics !! keep the-posts comming

3 Likes

Dang! I have Kong in my seed collection.

4 Likes

Better grow it before it dies.

5 Likes

Looking good. :nerd_face:

10 Likes

What is STS induced ? :grinning:

2 Likes

@peterstopp3 welcome to the forum!

It’s the process of blocking the natural ethylene production in female plants by using silver thiosulfate solution. This causes the female plant to grow male flowers and the male flowers will have femmanized pollen. So if you take that pollen and sprinkle it onto some buds it will pollinate the buds and make seeds. But the seeds will be female bud producing plants and no male plants “femmanized” seeds. This is my last resort to produce more of this strain. Id rather have a mated pair.

Here is a link to my thread about doing this.

9 Likes

Ok update on the baby kongs!

There getting bigger! Only 4 made it. The 5th sprouted and that was it!

13 Likes

Ready to transplant!

13 Likes