Seed preservation run **KING KONG**

I’m in the Tucson Area. It regularly got 110°-115° this summer.

The raining water does NOT intensify the light and burn them, from my experience. They love it.

Vegging crops indoors versus outdoors is, for me, a completely different trimming and growing method. I have started plants inside and finished them outside (transplanting a Blueberry mother today to do just that.)

I have my outdoor plants’ watering on a timer. After growing outside in AZ for a few years, I, personally, have found that short, multiple watering per day in the extreme heat worked best to keep roots cool versus one big watering at greater intervals.

2 Likes

Exactly what I figured, u guys have a lil cooler summer by 10-15 degrees with a lil less light intensity, doesn’t seem like much but makes a huge difference.
What’s the difference in ur trimming and growing methods indoors vs outdoors?
Not much difference for me and ultimately would get thrown in the greenhouse to flower anyways
When it comes to watering I’ve found the main things that matter is consistency, for example if u always watered in the mornings keep it that way and don’t switch to evenings. Also just making sure the roots don’t dry out which I effed up this year. One thing that I think would be interesting to try but would require an ice machine is just putting a thin layer of ice on top the soil each morning so as the heat melts it, it slowly waters the soil with cooler water on those hot days

2 Likes

Ok here are the king kongs. I just got there tent cleaned and sterilized.

They were packed into the tent too much.

16 Likes

Ok they have been flipped!

6 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen ?..lol

3 Likes

I always have a pic to prove i did it. And i always have a write up if its important enough!

4 Likes

Ok so i have
2. Males.
2. Females.

Female #1 shes really nice looking huge leaves.

Female#2

11 Likes

Ur leaves look super yellow/light, they craving iron or something?

2 Likes

They were under a light for a bit that they didnt like. It was really strange. It was seriously like a light deficiency. I changed them to another light the problems gone there starting to green up. Lol at this males leaves you can see it. Had me worried this strain didnt like my nutrients mix. But i didnt change the mix just the lighting. Its been 5 days under more powerful lighting.

10 Likes

Well that’s very interesting! I guess I haven’t ever really seen lack of light issues, so would have fooled me as iron Def

3 Likes

Yeah i was stumped like how?

2 Likes

I saw this before with galactic god. Not enought light gets opaque.

4 Likes

I have had issues with plants going into flowering even with 24 hours of light just swapping em around in the grow rooms with a blend of different spectrums. Really threw me off, was blue god and la confidential, put em back under the lights they were previously and ended up revegging

3 Likes

What are u using for lighting?

2 Likes

Lol they were under a single T5 for to long.

This light.

6 Likes

Oh…ya that will def do it! Haha

1 Like

Then this one for for 2

days before going here.

My timing was off and the plants grew faster than i anticipated. I wont do it again.

8 Likes

Haha funny how some strains will sneak away on ya with explosive growth! Had my purple panty dropper I thought was a goner come back around and picking up a lot of vigor, one of her few branches left is the plants new top and as thick as the main stem, took a couple bendy stems laying aroundand tied the branch to the center stalk and might just be hope for it yet

6 Likes

This was about a week ago

5 Likes

Yep not enough light to process the food in the pot. Now were on track. But i got 2 males so…

8 Likes