Seed starting kit? Or go a different route?

Is this kit a good idea to start my seeds in? I have autoflower seeds im looking to start. Would this be a good idea before I plant into there 3 gallon pots?

3 Likes

I started with a similar set up. Its great.

3 Likes

@dillydilly. I started with those too. But Those jiffy pucks are notorious for staying too wet.
I just do paper towel till I get a 1/4 - 1/2 in tail then straight to pro mix Sunshine in a cup.
Had much better success starting seed this way.

There’s other seed starting soils available so lots to choose from.

As for starting in the final pot. Much less chance of overwatering in a smaller cup. And just transplant when the leaves expand outside the cup.
You can do a clear cup inside a coloured one to keep light from the roots. And you can still monitor their progress.
:v::pray:

6 Likes

If you’re starting out brand new, this is not a bad way to start. There’s 100 different ways to start your seeds they all work. Takes some time to figure out what’s gonna work best for you. You might start with these and love it and never look back. If you go this route just give them a little squeeze to make sure they’re not too wet.
You might even have everything you need right at your house right now to start your seeds. Asking questions is a good place to start. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Thanks for the input everybody, I bought some seeds from ILGM and they told me to soak the seeds in a cup of water, just drop them in and wait. They all ended up cracking then I put them in a solo cup 1/2” hole 1/2” deep and never had any movement. Sprayed water on them twice a day. They told me it was the soil I used (maricle grow 100% organic blend)

So I’m looking for a safer fool proof way to get these up and growing.

2 Likes

The miracle grow soil was too hot it burned the brand new tap roots. The disks shown above are either Pete or Coco and they have no nutrients So they won’t burn your roots when you start.
We could better help you if you go into a little bit more detail of your set up. Or what you’re hoping to achieve in the long run. There’s a lot of stuff out there that advertises big things and don’t produce.
If you choose to use cups and soil to start that is a very good way to do it also. If you choose the direction you would like to go I would be more than happy to share detailed experience that have had. :thinking: I think I’ve tried most of them.

4 Likes

Im also followingg what ILGM says … & i was just told its better startingg off with a paper cup method also cheaper i’d rather not soend unnessary money … my plan is to start small then get better everyday … im looking into a 3x3 grow tent, happy frog soil, with auto seeds … ive never grown anything before

2 Likes

My strain is white widow auto that I will be growing.
I just ordered the seed starter kit pictured above.
My plan is to get them a couple inches tall in that starter kit under a cfl tube light.
I’ll then transplant into 3 gallon pots with fox farms ocean forest.
I’m only going to be growing 4 in my 2’x4’ tent.