Seeder Breeder Grow Journal let the pollen begin!

In the breed tent the ladies are definitely pregnant! So excited to harvest these seeds. Went back one last time to make sure that I get every seed I possibly can I finger pollinated everything one more time.

8 Likes

First real harvest from the garden this year. I’ve been getting lots of squash and zucchini already. But now the peppers are coming in tomatoes and cucumbers next! But looks like all next week there is going to be peppers galore!

4 Likes

So in four days this is what the breed spot has done.

The Ghost Ship bx male decided to nut a little early on a few sacks. Everything else is in such heavy veg some of the plants almost doubled in size in just four days. The rain has been a blessing and everyone has appreciated it because we need it. When I got back today everything that is in the ground still has plenty of moisture for at least another day. But the ones in the fabric pots were getting thirsty. It looks like the storm is slowly dissipating so I’m sure I will have to be back to hauling water soon enough.

So the female with the super red branches like the Ghost Ship male is the Aloha Limone. Now these two are both from Colorado Seed Inc. but not only are these two phenos going to mix perfectly, they are from two different series from CSI. Which means that they both will have different mothers and fathers. I like how that tiny preflower is reaching and twisting. Oh speaking of preflower. Most all of the females are back into a hard veg if they were in any kind of preflower. Well that male just releasing a couple pollen sacks withing practically the last four days is already getting some of these ladies prego! I just hope the females can start catching up quick.

Here is a closer picture of the spindly twisty preflower hair. The pollen sacks circled in yellow have not released yet, but will very soon possibly some within the next day. The sack circled in red is a pollen sack that has released and being outdoors probably has little to no pollen left. Almost as soon as just a couple pollen sacks open and release the pollen will be gone. Now when they all open there will be enough pollen that there will still be plenty stuck to the plant and continuously releasing for about a week or two depending on cultivar and male. The two main factors of moving the pollen will be the wind and the rain. The wind can carry the pollen up to thirty miles in perfect conditions. Being on the side of the canyon it’s practically impossible for the pollen to travel that far in my circumstances. Rain will just wash the pollen off the plant and @tenga in her collecting pollen- the Goddess way taught us that water inactivates/ruins/sterilized/makes pollen infertile. If you had any animals or you brush up against the plant or even come to close when a breeze comes by well that is just another way the pollen can be moved and spread so watch out and be careful. If I go to the breed spot from here on out until I can kill the male I plan on taking a shower and washing my clothes right after I get back.

Happy Growing!

5 Likes

Put down some tin foil to hopefully catch what seeds do fall down. And I can still be able to know which plant it came from :crossed_fingers:

Did lots of work on the breed spot last night. I finally got one of my OG 2017 Hay Fevers to show female sex and I got her put out into the breed spot! Finally full. The Willy Wonka Kush my partner and I were hoping would turn female ended up going male so we got rid of him as soon as I could! So I actually have a spot open. So now there is only one plant there that hasn’t shown sex everything else is female for sure.

The ghost ship male is really looking awesome! Still releasing pollen a little before all the females are getting into preflower but hopefully everything will work out. Also dumped my first 10 gallons down the gravity feed drip system last night and 10 more this morning. So the rain is gone and I’m finally back to watering. It was good while it lasted. Only one of the plants was starting to droop as of yesterday. And it hasn’t really rained for at least 4 days. So they all got nice and thirsty I’m sure. The plants are at a size at this point I know they will easily suck up 20 gallons a day! Also I finally got to to more IPM at the breed spot last night I mixed up two gallons of horticulture oil and soaked the whole place down. They love that stuff and the aphids and pests don’t! Oh and Clark & Company are awesome I contacted them after getting a batch of lady bugs half dead. Not really their fault they got rushed by tons of customers and sent them over the weekend. Anyways they gave me a whole new batch free of charge and it showed up yesterday and we’ll over half the lady bugs were definitely alive! So I gave them to my partner so he can release them all with the ladies. I’ll buy another batch for the breed spot and hopefully that will keep the aphids at bay until harvest.

5 Likes

Beautiful garden!! And, I loved the Rolling Rock cans :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay here’s a quick update since it’s been so long. I sprayed for bugs in the breed tent the other day and learned the lessons of spraying heavy and not ventilating within 24 hours. Bud ROT! ouch good thing I’m going for seeds anyways. The cherry is the only one who got the bud rot the Ghost of Leroy has not gotten any. Lucked out with that one.

The breed spot is banging so hard some of the females are getting to be five feet tall and strangling each other for room. The male Ghost Ship is releasing pollen like crazy so there are seed pods already starting on the females who have any preflowers. The females are all in a pretty heavy veg still. Starting to turn to preflower on a couple. I’ve been giving at least 10 gallons of water a day. Looks like their might be some rain next week so I’ll be happy to get anything we can.

Last night I started collecting pollen off of my male Durban Poison. I’ll collect again once more the beginning of next week and then he’ll be dead.

I put in a huge order for more nutrients and sprays for flowering so I’m excited for all of that to show up so we can start getting everything sprayed and start feeding all the ladies that are going into bud!

Clark and Co did a huge solid and sent me a free 1500 pack of lady bugs since the first one I ordered ended up showing up with half dead. Even when we released them they didn’t stick around. But boy this last batch we got was really alive and is sticking around better than any pack we’ve ever gotten. So huge shout out to Clark and Co. My partner hasn’t even seen any aphids and I can’t find any either at his place with all the ladies we are harvesting for buds.

Happy growing everyone and I’ll have a better update soon with plenty more pictures!

4 Likes

We trsnsplanted one of the ladies into a 30 gallon white fabric from 247 garden man the girl looked like a different plant once we got done!

Now onto the breed spot. Went down tonight to move the drip line and install a section of drip tubing. Well I figured when I was down there I could collect some pollen real fast in a plastic bag. Well come to find out about done harvesting every branch I could. The male isn’t releasing to much yet and it was windy today so there wasn’t a passel load of pollen. But guess what I see crawling around in the bag, oh no not aphids this time. Much worse thrip. Well good thing I got my botanigard in tonight and I’ll spray they tomorrow as soon as I can. I did some diatomaceous earth for tonight just hoping it only is on the male and doesn’t spread.

6 Likes

Got my botanigard in last night so everything worked perfectly with the timing of seeing thrip the night before I sprayed the entire garden I sprayed the Krishna x LA Confidential twins and the breed spot! Keeping up with my IPM. So if there was thrip spreading to any spots that will limit the spreading. It will also knock back any aphids that were trying to come back. Everything is killing it for sure. The ghost ship male tho looks like it needs some kind of nutrients I was thinking possibly some cal mag and or some potassium. I have some cal mag and I have some potassium sulfate. Since it’s a male I’m not to worried but I do want it to keep releasing pollen for as long as I can get it to. So anyone’s thoughts on that. The only thing I’ve feed this year has been great white. The soils I use are pretty much super soils once I get done amending them. So most of the nutrients should already be in the soil. But the ghost ship has been in this fabric pot for a long time and won’t be getting any new homes. Thanks!

Happy growing !

8 Likes

Are you just growing on the side of a mountain?

1 Like

Well kind of yes I’m growing on the side of a canyon. All my property but yes literally on the side of a canyon on the edge of a cliff!

1 Like

Man ! That is a heck of a grow !
You have allot of work into that

2 Likes

Thank you! I sure do. It’s been worth every bag of soil I lug over my shoulder down to that spot!

3 Likes

We like to call it high country desert around here!

:desert::national_park:

3 Likes

So here we go! I made it to the east coast. Before I left I made sure to do a feeding of some power si. We were supposed to get hit hard again with rain. And I am trying to help these ladies and gents recover from the hail we also got. Which I lost all of my cucumber plants to and most likely my squash and zucchini. So I think next year for those garden beds it might be worth putting up some 70% shade nets. Not only to help with the hottest and most intense part of the day but also and more importantly. Protect the plants from such harm. The cannabis plants were able to withstand it and no real harm was done. But man those cucumbers were really going to make the best pickles ever.

I have my best friend and partner in crime watering all the cannabis. Everything in the garden is on a drip system so my brother has taken that upon himself this summer.

I did one last check on everything before I left and wow the breed spot is really taking over. The Slazerbeam is almost five feet tall and even the Aloha Limone is over four feet. And that was all last week before I headed out for this vacation.

My partner said that he had to pull one of our favorite Cherry ladies just the other day due to a hermi. And we are both very interested. This seed was grown from a Cherry F1 seed. Not an OG. So it did some self pollination and looks like we got some seeds before he was able to catch it and chop it. So my main question is if you get hermi pollen does that trait get passed down to those seeds. The reason I’m so interested is because last year I’m wondering if somehow those Cherry F1 seeds somehow got hermi pollen in the first place.

Happy growing everyone!

5 Likes

The male Ghost Ship really exceeds my expectations and we really got lucky with this male. Went through a lot of them this year. But so glad we were able to have as many choices as we did because this one is a gold mine.

Can’t wait to get back and see how the seeds are coming along.

Just this males phenotype is unreal! Super phenomenal!

8 Likes

Very pretty male indeed and hope it brings many magic beans. Love your garden and happy harvesting seeds.

6 Likes

Hay Fever was blowing up before I left!

The Jake Special we call it because we don’t know the genetics but know the grower turned to be female so I didn’t end up having to pull another plant

And yes that male is going to give me some super killer beans :metal::seedling:🪴 :dna:

5 Likes

The Slazerbeam is by far my biggest and farthest along with seeds. It’s about 5’ tall and super wide too.

It was one of the first into hard preflower. Thus makes sense to be one of the first to bear seeds.

I can’t wait to try growing this cross between the indica dominant father Ghost Ship. And the mother a sativa dominant Slazerbeam. The Slazerbeam has some wicked fast growth and has grown to be one of the biggest out of many. And that has been a common feature between any of the seeds we have popped from them. The Ghost Ship is similar in growth. So this cross may be one for the books. Can’t wait to get back and see how things have come along in the last week.

Happy growing everyone!

7 Likes

This one is the Krishna crossed with Hay Fever or Cherry we aren’t sure yet. The label got lost last summer and most of my plants got eaten.

We are thinking it’s a cross with the cherry. But it’s a fifty fifty. The only way to really tell will be once we get to see some buds. And even then there may be no true way to tell :man_shrugging: you live and you learn. Definitely keep track of all my labels and plants for sure! But both the Hay Fever and Cherry were both pretty much bag seed genetics so what does it really matter :dna::man_scientist::microscope:

5 Likes

Aloha Limone is the second biggest and second farthest along plant keeping right up with the Slazerbeam. I tied it down pretty much as soon as I transplanted it to her forever home. And she loved it. So glad I did to because it has really come a long way and has way many more top branches because of the tie down.

She really has a super amazing pheno too it’s going to go along so well with the Ghost Ship. Both have the super red stems. Last year the ladies we harvested for bud were by far our favorite of any of the Colorado Seed Inc.

She is also super prego! And it’s just super exciting knowing both of the plants will have different mother’s and father’s completely. And knowing it was one of our favorites last year and still is this year. The Ghost Ship is coming right along to be another :trophy: prize! So the children might just be one of the best crosses yet!

6 Likes