Seeder Breeder Grow Journal let the pollen begin!

Cherry OG coming in looking hot! Here comes the beans. Can’t wait to get back to check on all the ladies and see how everything has come along in the past week! My partner said we didn’t get as much moisture as we hoped. He has been keeping up with watering everything and doing a great job! Teamwork makes the dream work!!!

Just crosses upon crosses upon crosses.

4 Likes

Doobiebird Daydream is probably the third largest plant. She is killing it just like the rest! I’m super excited to see how this one progresses because this has been the only female we got so far. I wish we got another that turned female so we could have kept one to harvest for the buds. But hopefully I can do an indoor grow this winter and get a girl. Or if not there is always next year.

This plant is the farthest away from the male so to get the amount of seeds I want I’m guessing I might have to do some hand pollination. I will see how things have progressed when I get back.

She took awhile to get past the transplant stunt but once she did she has really taken off!

Let the breeding begin!!!

6 Likes

Here is the rest of the pictures I took before my trip. Have been back for a couple of days now, but have been to busy to get down to the breed spot and check things out. Everything looks good from afar and I have been dumping plenty of water to keep everything happy.

6 Likes

While I was gone we were hoping for a storm that brought a lot of moisture. Well we didn’t get near the moisture that we hoped. Good thing my partner was there to keep up with watering. Well we are finally getting some more moisture today and boy it’s been raining almost all morning since 9:00 whoo doggy. We sure can use as much as we can get this monsoon season has been good to us! I’m guessing it’s all because of this awful hurricane season and the huge hurricane messing with everyone in it’s path. Hope all stay safe.

The rain sure gets me excited! Wish I wasn’t at work today. So many things I can do in the rain.

3 Likes

I’m back and whoooo doggy the girls blew up while I was gone home smokes! Everything is just slaying! Every lady is super prego! The male is about done producing pollen sacks and getting beaten by the rain. So I’m hoping we have one good dry spell to allow this guy to get every last bit of pollen on these fine looking ladies! Let’s go!

8 Likes

PXL_20210902_010534989

Here is some pictures of the 5packgenetics Boy I got. She really blew up while I was gone. It’s competing in height with the Slazerbeam and the Aloha Limone, not only that but it is stretching some of its lower branches halfway up into the upper grow bed!

4 Likes

Here is pictures of the 5packgenetics Beta! She is being strangled by every plant surrounding her. She’s definitely struggling to reach the light being surrounded by monsters. Actually kind of happy at this point that I had to chop the Willy Wonka Special because he turned male one me. Because there is not room for another plant!
Here come the beans!

8 Likes

Moving farther into the garden. Here we have one of my first crosses that I did last year. Krishna Kush x Cherry or Hay Fever. The labels got lost and one of the plants died so we aren’t certain exactly who the mother was. The farther we get into the season and the more we look at the buds on the lady we are using for buds only it’s looking more and more like it was cherry as the mother. Still no for sure way to tell. But man this cross is nuts. The girl we are saving for buds is one of the shortest and bushiest plants we have ever grown. It has so many tops it’s almost rediculous! Technically there will be a little back breeding in this one being that the father of Krishna Kush is Gupta Kush. And the father of the Ghost Ship male we are using shares the same father. Cherry and Hay Fever are both unknown genetics from pretty much bag seed. I’m pretty sure the cherry seeds were created from hermi pollen. Being that we have had the most hermis from the OG cherry seeds.

Happy Growing!

6 Likes

2017 Hay Fever is coming right along. This super sativa cross I did in 2017 with random bag seeds. The buds are super super fluffy. Some phenos get super purple when the weather starts cooling. Others have super fluffy buds with extra orange hairs. This being a sativa dominant plant is exciting to cross with a indica dominant strain. It’s so hard to trim and the fluffiness of the bud makes the weight of harvest really suffer on the Hay Fever so maybe a 50/50 hybrid might make this plant have much more pleasant harvests and yields.

6 Likes

The Slazerbeam still one of my largest plants through everything, and somehow farther along in the budding/seeding. Pretty frosty.

7 Likes

Cherry OG coming through to be another lady all nice and Prego with seeds. I thought I might have had to do some hand pollinating to help these ones farther away and strangles but wow they are so pregnant in some spots it’s not even funny! Lol everything has come a long way and everything is living up to it’s name! Can’t wait for the kiddos to be ready!

5 Likes

Looking good man. I like how your grow is right on the side of a mountain!

3 Likes

For sure dude I love it too! Made the spot way back in the day and have been working and amending the grow beds for some time now. The main reason I made it in the first place was because it’s such a nice spot to just go chill and relax with the ladies. Of course this year the boys and girls have taken over that I can’t even get close to my sit rock :laughing::joy:

4 Likes

Aloha Limone still me and my partners favorite from Colorado seed inc. The Slazerbeam has super vigorous vegetative growth and is pretty frosty as well. The female Ghost Ship we have is about the only other cultivar that compares to this nasty Aloha Limone she thickkk! I seriously think this cross might be the best one we get this summer might have to back cross that one :face_with_monocle:

Happy growing!

9 Likes

Released a bunch of lady bugs the other night. Hopefully this will be the final wave of lady bugs we will need.

Ended up releasing 3,000 lady bugs between both my garden and the breed spot, and then also my partner released the other 1,500 in his garden and greenhouse. Since we got the last batch over a month ago we haven’t had a single problem with bugs or aphids in any ways. We haven’t gotten such a good batch that reproduced and stayed as long as they did. There is still some hanging around here and there. This is more just preventative IPM also I haven’t released hardly any in my personal garden and at the breed spot. The plants are far enough into budding we went with our guts and decided to pay the extra for the lady bugs in hopes we won’t have to spray anything else for the rest of the season. Everything has gone good in my garden and breed spot since I sprayed botanigard and have been keeping up spreading diatomaceous earth. The only thing I’ve seen aphids on this whole time was the kale. And I haven’t seen any here in the recent couple weeks just keeping up with the larger overripe leaves and washing off any aphids I was seeing and keeping up with the diatomaceous earth has done the trick. But that’s why they call it (integrated pest management) IPM. The biggest thing when doing IPM is to never wait until you have a problem but always be vigilant in keeping up with whatever system you have. So when you do run into a problem you can switch tactics and hit whatever pest you have at the source and really knock them back. Lady bugs have been our saviour this season. Not taking the risk of not having them like we have done years in the past. Now that I have actually released a bunch of lady bugs in my gardens I probably will stay away from using any more diatomaceous earth for the season.

Happy growing!

9 Likes

Doobiebird Daydream is coming in last with the preflowering and buds but not far enough behind to miss the pollen! This plant was one of the farthest behind in start date and just in growing alone from the Colorado seed inc seeds. It sure has caught up here in the last month. Still farther behind with the flowering than I would like. This one isn’t near as frosty as any of the other Colorado seeds we are growing this season but I sure do like the long white hairs and can’t wait to see the buds progress.

Happy Growing! :deciduous_tree::evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Been a minute and been super busy. With work trying to camp/hunt on the mesa, and keeping up with all the gardens. Its been a struggle this past week. But here is a photo bomb from the other night. Everything is slaying it. Going to do a feeding with power si tonight as well as some Mycho Chum premium microbe food.

Happy growing!

7 Likes

Since I learned how to prune and care for tomatoes I’ve had the best harvest ever. Roma tomatoes coming out of my ears! So I decided to finally break the dehydrator out from retirement. I haven’t used it in a couple years. But I did a deep clean and got as many Roma tomatoes shoved in there as I could! Still ended up having a few leftovers that I couldn’t quite fit into the dehydrator. But man it is good to be able to add back to my dehydrated veggie stash that I use for camping and backpacking. Hoping next year I’ll have to much of everything so I’ll be able to dehydrate a lot more.

7 Likes

Okay so thanks to this community I shared some pictures and was wondering what kind of deficiency these twins were having. Not only that but I was reading a fellow growers posts about using coffee as a top dress amendment. Well from what everyone concurred it was decided a nitrogen deficiency. So I ended up feeding some coffee grounds and wow what a difference within the next couple days. So a couple weeks later I did a very light top dress of Neem seed meal. One of my favorites for adding nitrogen. So now last night I finally am starting to switch more to some bloom feeds. Went with some premium microbe food and power si before I transition to big bloom and potassium sulfate. Everything is getting pretty cold around here 40° f most every night. So the season is definitely coming to an end.

These two twins really are funny. I breed these Krishna x LA Confidential last year. And the phenos of these two seeds are actually super similar. The only difference I can see now with the cold is that one is putting out more darker colors purples and dark buds. Other than that you almost can tell a difference. Did some heavy defoliation last night also and wow my phone still has finger hash on it. Super super gasy smells. Sweet right off the bat bud then just straight gas.

Thanks for everyone who has helped and so glad I’m learning everything I can.

Happy growing!

8 Likes

Twins are killing it! Going to start feeding some bloom feeds here before I harvest next month!

4 Likes