Seeding Breeding 2022 ... rough start ... but here we come!

YOOOoooo Everyone! It’s been too long way too long. But I’m finally back. It will take me awhile to get caught back up with everyone but if you bear with me I’ll make sure to hook everyone up.

Definitely had a rough start this season. And my day job was having me work ridiculous hours upon hours. So that wasn’t helping with the time I need for my real job lol!

Grow spot was looking ready the beggining of the season and all these seedling were fire genetics. Needless to say I dont think one plant made it out of all these. But lessons were learned. Always have to improve your game!

Got this first lady in the ground at a decent time but holy cow I had squirrel problems out the ying yang! I finally have that in order now! But will be having to watch out next season for sure! I thought I lost this one three times this season all because this squirrel was munching!

I was able to get some of these plants to pull through and things are looking up!

Will be around again with updates and will be getting back into the flow of things. Once I get caught up with everyone I’ve missed I’m definitely going to be back to helping everyone out!

Happy Growing!

14 Likes

Great to have you back, missed your outdoor mountain grows. Glad things are looking on the up and look forward to seeing updates. Reminds me to post some updates to.

11 Likes

This is where these plants finally started making it through the huge stunt that all the plants had from being infected by fungas gnats. I have dealt with them in the past but just this season everything compiled. These were some of the few plants that had survived.

At this time I was still doing and integrated spray with pyrethrins horticultural oil and azideractin and Beauveria bassiana Strain GHA. Definitely taking its toll and knocking them back some but they would just be right back. @PreyBird1 Helped me out because at this point I was certain they werent fungas gnats anymore and instead root aphids. But with some help I purchased some misquito bits and have been using them steadily and have seen much better results so far instead of just spraying. Still will need to spray soon to hopefully kill all the adults. But the misquito bits are doing wonders with the larvea.

And the outdoor grow was just getting started. Just wait till I get caught back up with the photos!

Happy Growing!

11 Likes

There already getting better ang looking healthier

11 Likes

Sheeeshhh all these pics are from awhile back. They are looking super healthy now! Just getting everyone caught up on my season. Almost caught back up with real time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I believe all these pics were still before the misquito bits treatment but I was in hard spray mode keeping up with them suckers!

8 Likes

Some more catching up the outdoor grow coming along nicely

Happy Growing!

8 Likes

Here is another catchup update!

Happy Growing!

8 Likes

And a couple more pics from the same day …

Happy Growing!

11 Likes

Looks good dude.

8 Likes

Thanks everything outdoors really turned around!

7 Likes

That’s fantastic…especially how you’ve positioned them on the slope to receive maximum sunlight

8 Likes

Alright lets try to get caught up on my photos. I haven’t been down to the breeding spot in almost two weeks now but will go down to see how things are and take some pictures of the buds and pollen flying!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Okay Here was about two weeks ago last time I was down there. I planted The Hay Fever x Ghost Ship male right smack in the middle of everything. Don’t worry about that taller Night Nurse plant drooping. The monsoons hit a day after and thats why I havent been down there since. I,ve hardly had to water and know things are just fine! They were all hitting preflower super hard. Some plants farther in than others and the Night Nurse seemed farthest behind but excited to go down soon and see how things have been growing!

Happy Growing!

6 Likes

Thinking of starting a project to create a F2 series of my Hay Fever. Not sure how many people would be interested. But the more I keep growing and breeding the more I feel the need to create a more refined F2 series of Hay Fever so I will have a variety I can use in my breeding projects in years to come. Especially since its the most sativa dominant plant I’ve grown even after growing many sativa dominat plants from other breeders. This one surpasses them by far! Wondering how anyone feels about this and if anyone would be interested in some Hay Fever F2 beans? Either way I know it will only help expand my breeding capabilites. My F1 seed bank is running low enough I am saving it for creating an F2 bank and or do some back breeding.

Happy Growing Everyone!

7 Likes

Anyone have any ideas on these seedlings I’ve had three now pop up and then just kilter over at the base like some cockroach just took a bite out of it lol. Wondering if anyone else has seen this before lol!

I’ve had problems in the greenhouse with mice eating the seedlings but they will eat the whole seedling like it disappeared over night!

Trying to get some mother’s and father’s going for next season. And more projects throughout the year rather than just growing during the summers!

Happy growing!

7 Likes

I’ll take a stab, looks like really wet medium so possible Pythium.
Also, I see those yellow balls indicative of pre-loaded time release ferts.
So, Id start with a soil test on pH and PPM before using that again, even if it happens to be a seed starter base.
I’ll let Bob chime in, but I believe the seed coat could carry Pythium spores into the medium (if they were contaminated somehow), so soak those seeds in a minimum a few seconds of H202 or the HOCL to rule that out as a possibility.

9 Likes

Hm doubt the seed coats are the ones actually carrying the pythium spores. My guess would be more the soil. Trying to steer more away from bag soil so I tried a mix this time with a scoop of my compost one scoop of pearlite and the rest was about half potting mix soil like black gold or someting and the other half peat moss. Also threw in some misquito bits on the topsoil before planting seeds. So I’ll definitely have to tone down my mix one way or another. Tired of buying crap soil from the stores. I’ve practically tried every potting soil I can buy locally. And I’ve always made mixes myself. Thinking of going with some kis organics seed bags from now on and then I can build it to a super soil from there. But I’ll keep working on my own mixes for now lol. Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

Happy Growing!

9 Likes

Here are some pictures from just before I harvested!

7 Likes

A few more pics before harvest. All in all this season I didn’t have a big enough male and I didn’t put him out soon enough so the pollen didn’t fly soon enough thus the plants will have mostly immature seeds.

8 Likes