Slight yellowing of leaves - First Grow

Hey guys,

Have been scouring these forums for a little while, first time posting.

I have just started my first grow. First seedling sprouted 15 days ago and these guys have been growing like crazy. Im the past 6 days they have grown about 5 or 6 times their size. See below

Ive been watching them very closely and one of my plants has yellowing of the leaves starting.

I was thinking it may have been just the start of light burn. This plant was sitting in the most intense part of the light. I am using 2 x 315W CMH 4200k lights in half of my tent which is an area of 5x5.

I am feeding Canna Cocoa A and B and also a root promoter called Drive, once a day at the moment. Sometimes i wait up to 36 hours to feed because the cocoa is still wet.

Ph of nutrient water is between 5.8 and 6. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks

6 Likes

Not sure what pH for Coco @PreyBird1 or @devjyarn will know but they’d the range for soiless mix like pro mix. U may have some lock out,I’d flush with proper pH water and a weak nutrient solution.is that plant by the fan wind burn can do that too.or possibly too much light but I’m leaning towards pH issues

5 Likes

Are u using cal mag?

6 Likes

Thanks for your fast reply. The guys at the store said I didnt need cal mag because Canna Cocoa has added cal mag already.

This plant was actually sitting right next to the 250mm intake fan. I have since moved it. It wasnt in the direct line of the wind but leaves were rustling slightly.

5 Likes

What’s the ppm of the nutrients your feeding?
The ph in coco is same as hydro aim for 5.8.
You’ll need to add calmag too. Especially if your coco wasn’t prebuffed…

5 Likes

Its a 70/30 coco/perlite mix that is pre-buffered.

I will pick up some cal mag tomorrow see how that goes.

PPM is at 650 and ph of this batch of nutrients is 5.95

6 Likes

I would dilute the nutrients some. Try around 350~ 400.
What is your base ppm water reading. Is it tap, rain, well or reverse osmosis. If you’re starting with a high ppm water theres not much room for the nutrients while keeping your ppm in check…

3 Likes

Its tap water EC is 0.2 I aerate the water for 24 hours to get rid of the chlorine
Where I live our tap water is pretty good.

4 Likes

I don’t often go over 600 ppm In veg. If i am its not till late veg when I’m almost ready to flip. I Would dilute the mix and see how they go. Having another look. They look fairly young. Maybe even go as low as 250~300ppm.
What part of Aus are you from?
I’m in W.A…

4 Likes

I’m in QLD mate.

Yeah the oldest here only sprouted 15 days ago. The plant I am talking about sprouted 13 days ago.

I will flush it tomorrow and reduce PPM see how I go.
I will also pick up some Cal/Mag
Thanks mate

3 Likes

Keep in mind the damaged leves will not repair, so keep an eye on the new growth to read how they’re doing…

5 Likes

Gotcha thanks mate

3 Likes

No worries, hope it helps
Might want to think about transplanting to bigget pots soon aswell…

2 Likes

Yeah got me mate coming tomorrow to give me a hand. Will be putting them into their final pots. 25L fabric pots hopefully they are big enough. Wasn’t expecting them to grow this fast, they outgrew these 200mm pots in a few days. They looked so small in them 6 days ago.

4 Likes

I think they are looking awsome for their age. Definitely doing something right.
Just remember if you push too much you’ll just stall the girls, they won’t like it.
It takes a bit, but eventually you’ll be able to read them and get to know what they like and how much you can push.
Good luck mate…

5 Likes

Im not pushing them on purpose. I am just following instructions from the Canna website on nutrients and added the Drive root promoter which was recommended by the guy at the store.

I am trying to learn as much as I can. I will flush them tomorrow before transplant and then run lower ppm for a week or 2 and grab some calmag see how they go after that.
Thanks for all your help mate.

5 Likes

I always shoot for 5.8 max ever 6.0 but i have found that the 3 brands of coco i have tested have been naturally buffering the ph so havent had to mess with it as much anymore.

5 Likes

You must be using microbes :wink:

5 Likes

Roots organics.

6 Likes

Hey

Just a wild shot here and looking at my grow bible. It could be a mobile deficiency like magnesium or potassium. To treat it quickly you could do a small spray solution of epsom salts and foliar spray. Looking good though.

5 Likes