Small, whiteish lumps on Bruce Banner?

Should I give the male plant one more shake? I want to gather as much pollen to keep for later but i want to make sure that female will now produce seeds.
I plan to place a large trash bag over the male plant, shake it a lot, then discard the male plant.
Is all of that a yea or nay?

3 Likes

Help me out here. The lady has been covered in pollen for almost two weeks. I have continued the wayering and light schedule. But my, admittedly untrained, eyes cannot locate the beginnings of seeds. I took these photos this morning.

6 Likes

The seeds will be buried inside the colas. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I covered the male plant with a trash bag, turned it upside down and shook it. I had perlite on the surface of the plant so that got mixed with the pollen. I ran that stuff through a collander to sift out as much perlite as possible. So, if I keep this in an airtight container and pour it over another female using it within a year, what are the odds this mixture will successfully pollenate another female?
And what are the signs on the female plant that signal when it is ready to be pollenated?

2 Likes

Well, something happened to the pollenated female. The top part and the upper leaves suddenly turned brown as if the were burned, but the top of the plant is at least 18" from the light. According to advice from @PreyBird1 , I took the plant outside and thoroughly flushed it with at least ten gallons of water. The soil ph read 7.1, but I am not confident of its accuracy.
I think the plant is a goner.
Suggestions, advice?

6 Likes

Damm man its toast. Ive had it happen exactly like that dont worry man it happens.

5 Likes

I had a feeling it was history. I thought someone had secretly taken a blowtorch to it!
So that I learn from this, what could have caused it?

6 Likes

Ph and could have got to dried out when in deficiency. I had it happen. Also check the coco. Could be dry pockets in the coco.

7 Likes

Thanks. It went on the chopping block yesterday!

8 Likes

So before u tossed it did u seek and see if u had any seeds atleast looking like they started or any that finished u can try?? Should have pulled it and washed roots to look at them also and see if it had root rot or something like to cause the tops to be toast and bottoms of branches to still be green like that. Fricken sux to get that far and it turn sour like that. Lol.

3 Likes

No, I really didn’t. I took it outside and looked it over and determined it was a total goner.

4 Likes

@ArtVandalay Sorry to hear that. I myself have not seen that. Maybe extreme light burn is all i can come up with. As it also looks either over or under watered as well. Good luck on the next grow.

4 Likes

Yeah would have been cool for u to know if the pollen took and to see if there was some sort of root issue or something going on. There is always a next time too ya know. Not every grow is gonna go according to plan and most likely will have some speed bumps along the way.

4 Likes

I’ve only found one preflower seed ever. It’s from my original Perma Dream. , my nephew was checking out my pollen box . He thought it was kief and opened it during flower in my room. So I’m not sure if it gonna be a cross or not was the only one I found … I look forward to popping it. If it’s a cross it will be Humboldt’s Mendocino purps wreck x Perma Dream. If not then it’s an indica leaning purple pheno of Perma Dream :+1::+1::v:

5 Likes