Sssportsmfg 2023 grow log

Ok family, here we go. Finally, got the cord for my new camera and got a very few pics onto my hard drive. (I hate using a phone to do the forum)

Here are a couple pics of two strains I am trying out Code Red and 91 Octane.

First three pics are Code Red

These are 91 Octane…no juice on the Octane yet so no closeup.

Have 4 inside but no pictures yet.

Good to be back on, hope everyone is doing fantastic!!

Marty

Updated with one inside picture… These are 5 weeks old. The tallest is 27" the shortest is 22" the two tallest have been topped to allow the other two to catch up. Per @happilyretired 's suggestion three of these are Skunk Hero. The other one is a 91 Octane, and it’s the back left runt.

Marty

15 Likes

What a lovely, lovely, LOVELY garden you have there!
igor

8 Likes

Hey buddy, what’s up? good to see you back at it. are you still working? those skunk heroes are gonna produce nice for you. I got one going out door, if it makes it to the finish it’s gonna be a very nice producer. It is probably my largest plant. And one of my favorite smokes…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

Yep Hap I am still working, just three days a week 6 hours a day. It’s not bad at all and I’m making real good money. They also just gave me $50 a week in petrol money, they can’t find anyone with the skills necessary to do the job. I am looking forward to the Skunk hero’s for sure, I rubbed the stem on one of them and sniffed and it is indeed a skunky smell. Can’t wait for the end of flower. I would have one outside, but this spring I had a Groundhog move into my yard and the damn thing ate EVERYTHING in my garden off, and ALL of my girls too. And not once but three times, those girls in the picture just got started on the third week of June from seed. I have certainly enjoyed the Candy store for the last year, down to about two oz’s now. Gonna be getting the new stuff in just in time. :yum: :+1: :+1:

Marty

9 Likes

Why thank you sir !!

Marty

8 Likes

@happilyretired , I saw on your thread where you have had mucho problems with Aphids on the Skunk Hero. I had the same problem last year with the Candy Store, wonder if it has something to do with the strains used by Ethos?

So far so good this year with Aphids, but not growing any Ethos outside.

Marty

7 Likes

Nope. Nothing in my grow Insect related can be put on the plant or the Seeds. It’s where I live. There’s no avoiding it. Huge repeat huge volume of insects in this area. out in the middle of agriculture. If you’re using any kind of organic pesticide, it knocks them down and kills them, but there’s no long-term effect. So when they spray stuff on all the trees and other crops around here, The bugs have nowhere to go except here. It’s just part of it. :+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

A little one pic update…the light is winding down now to the point that they are starting to stack up pretty fast, these were budding up pretty slow, but are starting to get down to business now. Strain Code Red by Exoticgenetics.

Marty

7 Likes

I was just musing on that…because you mentioned that they seemed to prefer the Skunk Hero over the other strains. :thinking:

Marty

6 Likes

I usually have one or two plants that are the bugs favorite every year. This plant was clean, another plant nearby got aphids really bad I got that plant taken care of and they moved to this one. This one is bigger and has more depth. harder to treat. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Well ya just never know when you grow a new strain what they will look like as they flower. My Code Red started flowering sooner and bigger than the 91 Octane, and it is still way ahead in flower size and trik production…BUT…as the 91 Octane is maturing it is most certainly stacking up flowers in a more uniform pattern and in longer runs. This will be interesting. I’m thinking as I’m watching this that the 91 may well produce far more if it actually finishes, looks like it’s going to be a late Oct finish and if the weather doesn’t hold up it will sure be an early harvest.

That’s about 14 inches long and it’s just starting to get some trikes.

Marty

7 Likes

This is the inside girls two days after topping. They have recovered nicely and are now stretching out the new four tops. The largest is now 30" and the smallest is 24". So they have grown 3" and 2" respectively. Not a stellar growth rate but really, really bushy. I have been once a week spraying with 1teaspoon per gallon of Fulvic acid mixed with RO water. I have also been spraying 2.5g Chitosan dissolved in 1 gal RO water twice a week. And adding 3ml per gal. Flavue 4x with every watering. From my last grow I can definitely say that the Flavue works as advertised. More terpenes and stronger effects, and the last time I didn’t start using it until the plants were around a week before flower. This round they have been getting it every water since I transplanted into the 10 gal pots. The Fulvic acid foliar feed makes them get really bushy, and the side limbs grow up at almost the same rate as the top, perfect for tent growing. The Flavue is pretty pricey, but I feel worth it, so I purchased a quart at the start of this grow. Only about a week away from cutting the lights back to 12/12. Want to give the pinched tops a little time to grow out.

Marty

11 Likes

Wow, looking great!

5 Likes

Thanks Nacho!

Marty

6 Likes

Well I’m loving the clear dry warm not hot fall weather we are having! The girls be getting down to business!

9 Likes

It’s kinda funny ……you grow for years and carefully watch the development of your plants…and you read and implement all of the advice you thing must be right.

Then you observe growth habits that defy all the things you’ve read and been told to be the best way to get loads of trichomes the ultimate reason we jump through all those hoops. More and better light, this supplement and that. And then you observe what according to all the infinite wisdom out there tells you is the reason for the most prolific trichome production and it’s not holding true to all that wisdom.

Case in point…yesterday I took a couple of closeups of some nice popcorn buds growing in full sun on the west and south side of the plant, presumably the place that will produce the most goodies……then you observe that the north side of the plant which is in shade most of the day is actually producing the most trichomes and resin. A quandary for sure.

Look at the pictures from yesterday of the sunny side then look at these…which do you think have the most goodies?

Marty

7 Likes

A couple of early morning shots…the outside girls are coming along nicely. Code red and 91 Octane.

Stinking up my whole back patio too lol.

8 Likes

This little fattie was started from seed in the second week of July, she was the third set put in because of a pot addicted groundhog climbing my planters and eating them off to the nubbin. She is 41" tall and 48" wide. Healthy as a horse.

This is the tops of the other two girls, really starting to shine.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!!

Marty

8 Likes

Moving right along in the right direction…three different plants.

Marty

10 Likes

it has been a bit brother but looking beautiful as always!

6 Likes