Starting my journal!

So I finally have some seeds down!! Yay me! Lol. And it was actually my good friends on here trust made that happen! I have 2 Cali Dream, 2 White Widow, and two Purple Haze. I’m going to post pics of the nutrients I have coming tomorrow, and I’ll have both white widows in the same large tote and under a single Mars Hydro ts1000. I’m gonna do some fancy topping and LST and see what happens lol. The other four I have a really nice, 35 inch long, 16 inch wide, led similar to a Mars Hydro ts3000 but longer! Right now I have them about four inches under my blurple till they break ground and establish a root system, then I’ll transfer them to their pots. I’m gonna use 70% happy frog, 20% perlite, and 10% vermiculite. So questions: do I have my light close enough, or too close? And how often should I water them? How and how much?

10 Likes

Hi @peanuthead

That is super news to hear. I love this community. Great to see you up and running, growing. I think your light is a little too close for now. I think you can move your lamp a few inches up and gradually further up as they grow.

Watering: You want the soil to be moist, not damp. Put your finger in the soil on the sides of your bag to test the moisture or consider getting a moisture meter from growershouse.com. The plants will obviouslly require more water as the roots get bigger and she gets thirstier.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot brother! I really appreciate that!

4 Likes

You think I made a good choice switching out my big light for the blurple till the get a few nice tight nodes? I’m thinking once I have 4-6 nodes I’ll top them and then wait about a week and start doing some LST, what do you think?

2 Likes

Oh and I did raise up my light about 4 inches :sunglasses:

1 Like

You like a master chess player, thinking moves in advance. You are on a good path sir.

2 Likes

Awe shucks man, makin me blush homie😊 lmao
Nah but thank you brother! I’m definitely going to need all the help I can get. I don’t wanna ever have to buy bud again, but not just that tho, you know? I notice a change in myself just since getting and starting my grow. I have something to focus my energy on and I’m not pacing back and forth like a caged animal. You guys just helped me through a call that was closer than I care to admit so, thank you

8 Likes

I am so glad to here about your developments in your life and mind. It sounds mad, but consider doing some meditation in the morning , that might help you too. One step at a time, breathe slowly/deeply and take it easy. Always here to help. Great having you here.

1 Like

Thank you for having me and for making me feel so welcome, I definitely appreciate it thank you

4 Likes

Looking good so at. I have no experience growing in soil so other can help more with that.

I’m super interested to see how your Cali dream and purple haze grow. I just got those same seeds in yesterday lol. I’m dropping my trainwreck seeds first tho.

Good luck and you found a great place for growing. These guys and gals have helped me out a lot too.

2 Likes

AWESOME to see you off the bench and back in the game.

1 Like

I just went to Walmart and got some clear solo cups and cut holes in the bottom to put over my plants. Also, when is a good time to start using nutes? image image

3 Likes

Yeah? Thanks brother! I’ll stay posting so when the time comes y’all can clue me in😎

3 Likes

Yeah this is my other hobbie

4 Likes

The lines are supposed to be squirrelly like that, it’s supposed to look like it’s written in pen. Paul is my brother and the tattoo is his girl

2 Likes

Come and tat me!!!

1 Like

Absolutely brother! Any time!

2 Likes

You should be posting every one of your plant shots here so we can find them easy and help. Thats why I keep chatter down in my threads. Post pics other places, just back it up here for ease of helping.

Your babies look either to wet or your soil has nutrients in it .?.?.?

Either way just ease off them until soil is light to the touch and then just phed water and around the edge of the cup (if possible), not near the stalk.

The just water is only if your soil has nutrients. Some soil you don’t need to fertilize for 3 to 4 weeks.

Shoot me some pics today of them…

Always check on them, but not always touching them, you know…?

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all the advice brother! I have my Mars Hydro about 13 inches from the tops at this point. When my Aglex comes I’ll put them under that and put the WW autos under the Mars Hydro in another area. These are from last night

The soil only looks wet cause I topped off my cups with a little fresh soil I got from Maine that has lobster roe in it, decent for now till I transfer and put them all in happy frog.

1 Like

Good evening y’all!!!

2 Likes