Starting my mother plants to produce many cuttings

Hi every one
I have started my mother plants a month earlier and im trying to get then to grow enough so for the beginning of the season for outdoor growing i could get as many cuttings as possible

It would be so kind if you/all could help me out and give me some pointers along the way

7 Likes

you have females to clone? or you started with cuttings or feminized seeds?

it is time to get ready for the 2024 outsisde :slight_smile:

have a great season and be safe

Dequilo`

6 Likes

Hi @persiankas

Welcome back to GN. Post some pictures of your current plants. Mother plants just need enough light ( 18 hrs ) to produce as many shoots as possible that you can use as clones. What strains have you got going?

6 Likes

My mother were seeds to begin with

And in the country which im from “Iran” outdoor season begins 1st of march

3 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Quick question

This mornin i woke up and saw 15 of my clones are looking dead

Whats the matter with them

4 Likes

5 Likes

A few things should be checked, first thing I was thinking while looking at that photo: do you use a cloner with a dome? Cause to me it looks a little like they were put in an environment with a significant lower RH after transplanting, than before. A tip for transplanting your clones: ‘Harden’ your clones once they established a healthy root system. This is done by opening the dome slightly in the first day for half an hour, close again, repeat this a few times throughout the day. Next day leave the dome a little bit open the whole day, still keeping an eye on your clones, when they wilt: mist them with some water and increase the RH again by covering em again. Let them recover and then open the dome again, continuing the hardening gently. In a couple of days you can leave the dome entirely off 24hrs without issues and the clones are now ready to be transplanted. Keep the RH in your veg room high enough though, in the 70-80% zone. You can gradually lower that RH a bit to the 65-75% zone in the following veg weeks.

Some other things that could have caused your wilt / death: how much root did they have? pH checked? Potentially over-watered? Or overfed (EC)? If all those parameters are fine, it could also be root problems, like an infection, which would be weird, 15 plants at the same time, unless it started when they were in the cloner together. But let’s start at the start first.

4 Likes

Ok some of the clones im keeping in a dome/cloner, but most of them i use a clone machine which it spray’s water at the stems of the cuttings

The ones that wilt/died all rooted in the clone machine and after i planted them in soil this happened for 15of them so far

3 Likes

Also as soil, this time i mostly used coco and perlite + pit-moss

I think i have over fed them
But why are they dieing one by one and not all at the same time

Since i fed all of them the same amount of neutrinos and water

3 Likes

On the other hands the cuttings which i put in my cloner/dome are all healthy

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

The drooping clones could be many different problems. To me it looks like “dampning off” something I had last year this time. It would be good to look into it incase you have a problem with pests in the soil.

5 Likes

Yeah how often are u watering or feeding them how hot is the area they r growing in. What nutrients did u feed them being in coco ur gonna wanna make sure to add calmag to feeds also. Lets get a good idea of the setup.
Light or lights??
Soil?
Nutrients?
Ph meter?
This may tell us a lot on what is happening answering some of these

1 Like

Ok
-The temp of the room is around 70
-Im feeding them “monster grow pro” by “Grotek” as i feed my mother plants the same stuff
-since im using only coco i have rinsed of my coco once and then i soaked the coco in calcium peroxide solution for 36 hours

So i explained soil and nuti

Now as my lighting im using 50W LED COB grow lights

1 Like

Please please keep in mind that at the moment im living in iran and it is really hard and so expensive to find original products and accessories

2 Likes