Testing by preybird1 - Perma Clone Collars

Do you use the domes at any point during cloning?

2 Likes

Back in the 80’s I sold sheets of that material for shoe inserts when I was a Manufactures rep to the shoe industry. All the big names bought it Brown shoe, Florsheim, Red Wing, Bates…and on and on. It is a closed cell foam. They would die cut it on a hydraulic clicker press. I am sure these are stamped out and slit on a clicker press as well. Probably 12 at a time.

Marty

2 Likes

Same one i have, you don’t use the humidity dome? I got that as well, but only cloned one time to see if I could do it sucessfully, not gonna clone until I find a killer plant then I will clone the bejabbers out of it.

Marty

3 Likes

Well hate to say this but i always use a dome. I had some annoying issues i keep doing to myself. Like not hardening plants from the dome due to time and space constraints. Ive beenTossing them tender humidity loving cuts to the wolves at like 30% humidity. So i keep saying im not using the dome this time and there doing just fine tonight. I also split the stems a bit to see if they root better. :man_shrugging: well see. I clone so much i have lots of stock plants.

5 Likes

It would be awesome to know if those split stems do homie

2 Likes

Yeah well here are the clones tonight. 90% are looking good.

Couple wilters but nothing major. 78° 30٪ RH. Also i didnt cut all the leaf tips off this time either. Trying something different this time.

8 Likes

Looking good except 1!

9 Likes

Got some roots at 6 days! i was also slicing into the stems and spitting them a little to see if it helps Root them better.

8 Likes

Monkey slapz day 52 and purps are starting to show

11 Likes

Shell get darker. Man looking good.

4 Likes

Yesirree! I’m putting two of them in next grow, and a runtz and a runtz/white caviar.

6 Likes

Sneek peek!
12dbbrCzgYw4yQ

Some merchandising swag. Getting ready for some giveaways. And setting up our member only seed program. Fun stuff coming watch for more! Were going retro!

17 Likes

I like the gear man. It’s looking dope. And where does the monkey slapz get the purple from.

3 Likes

Well monkey slapz is your mother slapz. The cut i sent you. Then as i was growing her clones i Took my most prized purple cut of my Runtz and i did my STS reversal on one of her clones and breed it back into Slapz. So my side of Runtz is gelato f33 x Zkittles S1. Slapz is Greasemonkey X Runtz.
So we have finally.
Runtz x Greasemonkey x Runtz-sts
Slapz has green topped fan leaves, but a distinct purple under leaf. Then as it flowers the edges of the leaves get a purple edging almost like the under leaf color purple is creeping onto the leaf top and then heavy crusted edges like a purple edged margarita leaf lol. My first plant i grew out is in my journal. And so are all crosses. If you dig a little there are detailed grows of each strain i made and the offspring and flower. I have not pheno hunted a ton. I do a lot of in house testing but i am using a lot of test growers i trust. And i have sent seeds around the world and were getting good results in lots of places at different points from the equator. Since i breed indoor typically were doing some testing and its interesting :eyes::shushing_face:

7 Likes

@PreyBird1 I checked out Preybird Farms website. Great site and loved your story. Much respect!

5 Likes

Thanks my man. Appreciate it. I Just love growing things. You should see my fiddle leaf fig. Covid honor plant. He was a get well plant gift to close friend who died from covid Bob. So its named BOB.

When i took over.

Im gonna transplant him. I had him under full spec led them HPS and he really seems to like it. Short node spacing. Because these can get 6-11’ tall.

9 Likes

Damn bro… In other word… Its a hell of a cross… Looking forward to seeing how she finishes. Can’t wait to smoke those side chunky iced out nuggies. Lol

3 Likes

Nice root explosion. 9day old clones

10 Likes

My clones don’t look like that after nine days. I seriously need to upgrade

5 Likes

Monkey slapz, fist size cola.

8 Likes