Testing Preybirds’ Runtz x Slapz Gals

@wow_arizona that’s getting me pretty excited to follow along on your current grow, where we are getting the ‘full’ program on. Just out of curiosity are they also @PreyBird1 varieties?

7 Likes

I just took down a Blueberry (indoor) last night and had been waiting for the space to push @PreyBird1’s Runtz x Slapz genetics into it. Clones had been made of all that were started for the feminizing testing. Fourteen of them were crammed into a 3’x3’ tent with four Blueberry clones/mothers. ALL @PreyBird1 clones have been getting BudBuster Pro and three out of four of the Blueberry with one kept as a control. Some of the lower vegetation was a bit light deprived, but, after only moving them a few hours ago, all are responding well.

The plan is to spray tonight, take cuttings Monday from the two cultivars, transplant Tuesday. One week of acclimation (one more spray) then flip.

These are the @PreyBird1 Runtz x Slapz clones, in a 5’ x 5’ tent, just moved this morning

These are the Blueberry, with the control plant having the pink tag. It was the largest when I started with BudBuster Pro. All have received the exact same amount of nutrients and water. These will get moved in two weeks when space is opened at the harvest of the original Runtz x Slapz from the @PreyBird1 test seeds.

ALL of them were in one tent together, this will REALLY give them a boost.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update wow!!

6 Likes

Yes they are looking good. Im growing this strain also. But mine is a cut from the 1st plant i grew from the 1st test seed. I like it a lot. Its staying around a bit lol.

5 Likes

Thats going to be a nice SOG grow there! @wow_arizona have you grown Sea of green = sog grow style before? Ive done it its quite fun. I like to put 25x 1 gallon cloth pots. In a 4x4 tent. Thats going to be awesome to see those grown like that.

5 Likes

I have done one run with SOG.

I am transplanting them to 3 gallon fabric pots, I started today (had eye doc appt, dilation caused day delay in work) and will finish tomorrow, I hope. It raised them a bit and I fear the exponential growth after flip will crowd the lights.I am debating whether to put in a net (support structure already n place, white PVC tubing) and force the apical buds sideways for more development or just let them grow, pinch tops and fill the area while defoliating below. There are fourteen plants of six different phenotypes. I plan on taking clones from the six to keep this going.

What say you, @TheMadFlascher and others?

5 Likes

Nice @wow_arizona !

My advice would be to just put them in and let em grow. I believe you have witnessed the tertiary bud development with BBP through veg…Definitely will be doing some defoliation/thinning and it seems like the netting at some point would limit access. Wow, you’ve grown the varieties previously and have a good ‘gut’ for what to expect…Let the force be with Luke Skywalker and venture forth!!

6 Likes

Finished transplanting today, defoliating tomorrow. I have to reposition some fans and a few other accessories today.

14 Likes

@wow_arizona …yup with only 4 days between the pictures you took, I think it’s safe to say your going to have a full house! Looking gorgeous !

6 Likes

Thanks Bob!

@PreyBird1’s seed genetics are really impressive, the amount of sugar, bud density. With only the first grow (still going) of his seeds for experience AND having a true A - to - B comparison I really believe there is a substantial difference in branching with your BudBusterPro. The combination is going to be crazy and I am really excited. I plan to flip on Saturday. Should I adjust my spray that night for ‘first flower’ cycle or would you call that the last one of veg?

WeedCam shot of the 5tent with clones of @PreyBird1 Runtz x Slapz treated with @TheMadFlascher BudBusterPro

10 Likes

@wow_arizona

Sent a PM to you a few days ago… please check and certainly if you have any other questions let me know !! Thanks Bob

4 Likes

LOL, I think that may be what happens when you get two hard headed perfectionists together, put em in a box and shake vigorously…(speaking for myself here…I’m not too sure how hard @PreyBird1 's head actually is!)

6 Likes

Lol i dont shortcuts so must be pretty hard. Bounced it off a few vehicles. So it Seems to be up to the challange of the hard knock life also… Hmmm.

7 Likes

@wow_arizona I am reposting my PM to you here if it’s more convenient…

Wow, I carefully read your post today and understand you chose the 7 day treatment schedule…Although the 7 or 14 will work, I really like the 7 day program to deliver uniform growth and consistent nutrient demand !

I believe you are currently applying 2.5ml/8 oz apps…
Tonight you will be applying a 2.5 ml/8 oz app
In one week (at the flip) I would like to see you put on a 3ml/8 oz app
At 7 days post flip put on another 3ml/8 oz app
At 2 weeks post flip put on a 2ml/8 oz application and then sit back and wait for the magic!!

Any questions, or if I have misundersttod anything, feel free to to drop me a line !! Thanks Bob

10 Likes

Less than a week to go!

14 Likes

Came down today

17 Likes

Theses are clones of @PreyBird1 Runtz x Slapz test seeds that have had @TheMadFlascher BudBusterPro spray on them since they grew their first set of leaves after potting (after rooting). They have been getting a LOT more nutrients than I gave the others without any sign of burn at all.

So far, this Prey and Bob combination of expertise, plus nutrient info gleaned from them both seems to quite a winning combination.

I just defoliated these a few days ago. When using the BBP, I have been trying to confine any defoliation to mid-week between sprays. Tonight is the last spray as these are two weeks into flower.

8 Likes

Yeah I used to leave them in the starter pots too long too. Then the first time I cloned, I saw just how long and how quick the roots get, I take them out a lot sooner now. The less time they spend all restricted the better they will do. Those look amazing you got going there !!

6 Likes

Absolutely FANTASTIC! Runtz x Slapz got a test today and it is delicious! Also, that feeling of reaching into a big Grove bag and just grabbing a handful is always fun.

My Grove Bag link, Web Store | Shop Our Products — if you buy through the link, after a while, I get free shipping.

18 Likes

Very nice! What a great job you did! Ill have more test seeds for you soon if you like. I have 9 new strains running now and ill need testers. I will keep ya in mind when i release the new strains also.

Theres 7 strains in here.

18 Likes