The Budget Grower Series (Midnight Trop)

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING! I HAVE A NEW GROW, MY FRIEND HELPED ME WITH A SET UP AND I AM HAPPY WITH THIS NEXT GROW! … so to start this off i’m going to list the items I have for this grow. I definitely could I went cheaper but I bought the light when it was originally $120…

STRAIN : TROPICANA COOKIES X OREOZ (MIDNIGHT TROP)

• 1 One gallon Pot -$5
  • 1 Three Gallon Pot -$5
  • Light SP1000D -$80
  • Tent 2x2x4 -$50
  • Exhaust Fan(Homemade)
  • Carbon Filter(Is built into the Exhaust Fan)
  • Soil Promix Mycorrhizae $50
  • 500G Gaia Green Bloom and 4-4-4 $35
  • Xtreme Gardening Mykos Free Sample lol…

Total ≈ $225ish

12 Likes

@effnercollins

Very nice setup you have going there. Looking forward to seeing your grow.

11 Likes

Lookin’ good! All good luck to you.

10 Likes

nice little setup we all started some where and ur doing better than moist. Welcome to the group there is a wealth of knowledge here ENJOY

8 Likes

Hello Fellow Growers!

day 10 since it’s touched soil:) had alittle bit of over watering but we situated that! enjoy some of the pictures of our new kitten playing around.

7 Likes

Prolly try to avoid letting the cat into the tent. They r sneaky and letting them go in allows them to feel it’s their space and then trouble starts when it backs turned. They dig in the soil eat the leaves ect. Plus not saying the cat has but animals carry buds and they transfer to the grow room faster being in the room itself. We have 4 cats here and they love the brightness from the light. My all black cat lays in the floor in the bright light like she is sunbathing. Lol it’s too funny alot of times in the am light kicks on I’ll open the door and she is right there to lay in the beam of light. Lol

6 Likes

Kitty! Nice phat leafs!

5 Likes

If you like your cat, you might want to think about having it underneath them lights looking up at them. We know better than to look at a light we were glasses to protect our eyes. Cats have no idea what’s going on. Just a thought. I don’t allow my dog in my grow room for this exact reason.:+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

Definitely good call don’t want to blind the pets

9 Likes

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTIONS! Yes, Lil Oliver usually isn’t allowed in the tent lol. I had the same thought that the light is just TOOO bright. Here is another update, I thought i’d post another picture since I watered it today. Grew a decent amount in these 2 days! So this is an Oreoz cross so my friend told me this plant should bush out naturally. is this a true statement? was just wondering only because I love training and would love to get a REALLY even canopy during flowering! (last post was actually day 9, this post is day 12) I apologize for the confusion!
with this being day 12 would you say we are growing good?

8 Likes

Looks good to me!

6 Likes

Hell yeah! my only concern is that it’s not very tall, what’s up with that?

6 Likes

If your using a dimmable light just lower the intensity a little, if your light is not dimmable try raising your light a couple of inches at a time and it should stretch towards it.

6 Likes

Now I want this to be the most BUDGET grow ever, so instead for nutrients we are going to try something different. FloraBloom 4-8-7. the recommended dose is during bloom stage 1 TSP. now I know this may be hot but this puppy is LOADED with micronutrients. these screenshots are measurements for a possible NPK I could go with also including the new measurements for Micronutrients. I read the perfect NPK for cannabis in the Veg stage is 2-1-2 or 3-1-2 though there are THOUSANDS of answers lol. using this reference, could someone let me know if I’m crazy or could this actually work? lol

5 Likes

Day 14 (Tropicana Cookies x Oreoz)

gotta clean the tent a lil, my apologies

7 Likes

Day 15 (tropicana cookies x oreoz)

7 Likes

Day 16 (tropicana cookies x oreoz)

HOW ARE WE DOING! Raised my light today quite high to see if the plant would stretch a lil, it seems this girl is just growing wide not tall lol. Is there a reason for that? also is there a reason for these crinkly leaves? Humidity I finally got down, turns out the bucket of water does not work if your light is too close to it while not having a lot of circulation. was at a high of 50% today! Edit* - Yeah i’m pretty stumped on the leaves, not exactly sure what it could mean. i have about 2 1/2-3 weeks till im going to start the feeding for this plant. SUPER EXCITED to see if my experiment will work!

8 Likes

It will grow out of the crinkly leaves. That’s your first set of split leaves. Give it a couple days and things will change. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

Day 17 (tropicana cookies x oreoz)

8 Likes

day 18 (tropicana cookies x oreoz)

kitty took a bite of leaf:/ but that’s okay. quick question, how do I know when my plant reaches veg stage? am I supposed to count nodes?

6 Likes