The Journal of a Lazy Grower

Thanks brother! @deusoboy420

2 Likes

I’ve always been a c99 fan bet that will be some potent buds and that triple nova filled out awesome huh that c02 helps I’m sure lol I’ve been looking into c02 may try in a couple runs s once I get 100% dialed in my current run is leaps and bounds ahead of the last one how are you liking the arcada ghost been looking at it for a couple days now have you run that strain before?

3 Likes

A buddy of mine give me that seed.

So far it seems to be a very balanced growing plant. Has small “indica” type leaves right now.

I’m going to take 6 cutting from her and take the 4 best of those and have 4 plants that are all the Arcata host this next grow

6 Likes

Day 40 of flower

8 Likes

LEDs take good pics eh? You led guys always have clear pics …or do u all have filters?

3 Likes

Lol nope the pictures are that clear with the lights on and no filters :grin:

3 Likes

No sir, no filters but it still isn’t as good as regular old white incandescent light for talking pictures like this

6 Likes

Throw in just a little a little red or blue and it doesn’t look near as good

5 Likes

I see lol.i have the hardest time getting pics in my room gonna buy a filter and a better phone lol

4 Likes

I noticed the same with my veg tent my phone camera dont like cmh for some reason crazy lines and distortion

5 Likes

It’s due to the frequency that the hids pulse at they actually turn off and on many times a second and the bars are actually the different intensities as the light turns off and on. It’s actually what an instant looks like our eyes fill in the gaps

4 Likes

Really? I didn’t know that

Man I grew with HIDs in the 2000s. Never learned a thing about them 'cept they were hot as hell. Even the lower 250 watt lights could keep a plant warm in the coldest of nights. In Canada that’s probably great.

I actually always liked the cheapo lights just because they hardly ever got hot. Hardly any heat at all associated with many viparspectras, at least climate changing type heat.

My LEDs now are a little different. They have plenty of heat to battle. I put the laser temp on my heat sinks earlier and they were registering at 128° and are almost as bad as looking at the sun. Naturally, I’ve learned allot more about my LEDs because I had to build them. All I ever had to do for high pressure sodium was select the wattage I wanted and wire in the ballast. With LEDs you have to start learning more about PAR and micromoles in order to select the right light parts for your fixture forcing you to get an in depth education to build out your own.

8 Likes

There’s an exception to that rule tho for a square wave digital ballast I think it only turns on and off 6 times a second insted of hundreds or thousands. When u look at the frequency like the spikey line that gos up and down every time the line turns back up or down that’s where the light turns off. W square wave this happens much much less I wish I could draw a pic for u it would make more sense

6 Likes

RIP Tdub Willy.

This one is for you:

4 Likes

Hey @macgyver_stoner good to see you again!

1 Like

What happened to tdub?

2 Likes

He lost his battle with Cancer a few weeks ago :pleading_face:

4 Likes

Here’s my lazy recirculating deep water culture setup. Here’s to you Tim…

4 Likes

I miss seeing his mr miagi avatar

4 Likes

5 Likes