The Journal of a Lazy Grower

It totally depends on the Intensity plants do use green light after it reaches a certain intensity.i can’t remember if the study I read was done by NASA or kind led

4 Likes

Actually it is more like some of the green frequencies are not entirely useless.

Some nearing red, kind of think yellow, but the yellow/green frequencies are loosely all called green generically, and some nearing blue, blue green, have a synergistic effect on red and blue absorption.

I think @dbrn32 can cite some of the finer details off the top of his head.

~MacG

7 Likes

I’m sure it has something to do with intensity within those bands in order to be useful to the chloroplast cells;) the study was done last yr I think

5 Likes

If you can link the study, that’d be great!

3 Likes

I can do some digging should b able to find it again

4 Likes

I’m sure intensity would be a relevant variable.

What I’d really be interested in, as we all want to save on the electric bill, is how putting certain energy into certain combinations of frequencies, and how low can you get the overall electrical use and still produce dense frosty nuggz.

9 Likes

That’s something I am just starting to figure out in the last cpl yrs I have cut my costs vs production by nearly half . Still have so much to learn tho , I’m loving it!!

7 Likes

I love learning… I am so glad to finally be 100% living soil and seeing the plants just soaking it up… I need to dial in and start doing better on indoor though…lol…

9 Likes

And we have lift off on the C99 x DT

11 Likes

Both have now sprouted

11 Likes

I’m very excited about that C99xDP. Can’t wait to hear your smoke report on it.

7 Likes

https://www.heliospectra.com/articles/the-forgotten-spectrum-and-importance-of-green-light-for-crop-quality/ this isn’t the one about intensity but great info none the less!!!

8 Likes

@BudBrother here is @tdubwilly journal. He is using a sohum living soil this grow :wink:

8 Likes

Hey thanks Melissa, good to see budbrother made it around too

7 Likes

You’re welcome :wink: I know I was a estatic to see him come on! I had been trying to get him over to the lab for months LOL

7 Likes

The article that you asked for from @hoppiefrog is four post above @macgyver_stoner in case you didn’t know.

They make some interesting claims in there also about CO2 fixation amongst other things.

They say it can be most useful in the “intracanopy” which doesn’t make allot of sense of it needs a higher intensity to be effective like I’ve seen in some of the convos.

7 Likes

Here is an in depth article with citations of studies and details of limited benefit from green light.

~MacG

8 Likes

My first GN bookmark. :wink:

9 Likes

The little gals this morning, so far the move back to soil has been easy peasy

14 Likes

Here is another one about uv and blue increasing canbinoids that has a nice summary at the bottom that is pretty clear and easy to understand.

~MacG

8 Likes