The Trellis Project

You sure can cook with it; basically what you have once the alcohol has extracted the med from the plant and then the rice cooker cooks it down, it does it at 230F which is just enough to “decarb” the THC into THCa, that active ingredient that makes pot worth smoking…and the act of smoking a joint (ie lit with fire) performs this same process, otherwise you would get no higher than if you smoked all the hemp in Washington…so once this is cooked down to a syrup its been boiling for an hour or better. At this point its about 75% THC. Good news is, this is about the perfect thing for turning anything into a medicated edible since you can just squirt this into batter or even a finished meal and you will get 750mg of THC right out of the box; cut the recipe to fit your personal profile. But anything you add this too will get a great kick. Only downside it tastes awful, so make sure something is there to help cover the taste…for example we have these little snack cakes in this country called Little Debby Swiss Rolls, basically a chocolate and frosting covered monstrosity…well this I would take and split a gram of RSO between two and have instant and excellent edibles that had the ability to put me flat on my wallet…

9 Likes

Hey @fifth little FYI if your are going to trellis something and then take pics: become adept at panoramic photos. I know that may sound arrogant or something but when you go to try and photograph what your eyes are telling you, you will know what I mean…Beth was in there the longest time the other day trying to take a picture that looked like what she saw…

5 Likes

Hey just a quickie pictorial update as of today, buds are starting to fatten and everybody in there looks like they are having a great time…

Oops missed one…one of the colas forming in back…

7 Likes

Great work! They look real happy! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Cheers! This is like my favorite time of the grow…every single morning I open the tents to a new and wonderous surprise of one sort or the other…

The plants, they teach me so much in this phase…but just you wait until I add this new…something to the grow equation, going to be probably divisive with one group of grey beards cheering me on and the rest claiming it will never work…just the kind of challenge that has always fired me up, tell me something is impossible or I can do/have/access something and it becomes a mission…

6 Likes

I resemble that remark. :joy::joy:
Looking forward to seeing your new “addition “ brother. :wink::+1::v:

3 Likes

Well all the pieces/parts of what I saw in my head should be here in a week or less; if not I may improvise. And please do not hold the musical theme of this …addition against me…once you are able to get past the sickening musical implications, I hope folks more experienced that I can see what I was trying to accomplish with this tactic. Call is a “beta” of an idea.

But win or lose, this thing is gonna be fun or funny as hell. I am not above tricking out my grow room for the sake of a laugh or joke; you should have seen it when I turned my old pegboard room into the interior of the space shuttle, complete with port hole overlooking the stars…man that just lead me down a rabbit hole:

Most home growing pot laws are centered around how many plants you can have at one time on your property…(takes deep toke here) so tell me, what do you suppose would happen if you had some kind of grow environment, solar powered but completely held aloft by a small fleet of drones all controlled thru your smartphone. Cops come, you flick the switch to run the program to increase altitude to about 50 feet and then let the cops in. What are they gonna say or do? Its not ON your property unless they extend your property rights straight up for a mile or something…almost betting nothing like that on the books…I mean I know they would try to find a way to fuck with you but this does seem like a glaring loophole. Taken to an extreme you could have an Airforce One like grow room, constantly airborne, solar powered and extracting moisture from the clouds…you could just fly around the Earth growing pot…

5 Likes

Just sort of a public notice kind of thing…there seems to be an aversion to using any kind of filters on bud shots here and from a perspective and in the most general of terms I can understand and support that. However, TPB will need to have a Coke and a Smile ™ because I have two choices: post the raw photos which can be bad or I can fix the lighting and then most are at least viewable. See, my most powerful lights are all at eye-level which also is about the place my camera lens is. The result of 1200w anywhere in the frame is that is triggers stuff in my camera to try and handle over-saturation but that tends to result in whatever I was trying to focus on being in a shadow or dark. I fought with this for a long time and finally my FukkitFuse blew and now I just take pics as best I can see them, run them thru a light-balancing filter to even things out. Normally thats all I do unless the target of the graphic is something fancy like …I don’t know…anything from a joke to a political message to a meme. I also do fanciful versions of each strain I grow like a label or something with the strain name in it, usually of a bud all tarted up. But that filtering as you put it is obvious and again, I am trying to fool nobody. Entertain, perhaps but deceive, no. But just about every single one is light-corrected in some fashion, being open AF about that.

Is that cool with everyone?

6 Likes

Art cannot be restrained! I say : go for it. Free the bud :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Well most days its art, other days it just seems that my fuck-it fuse blows earlier than others…

6 Likes

Hey Dude something I noticed made me think to ask about something else. Based on when replies to things happen, it seems that at least at key time windows in any given day several of us all seem to be on at the same time. Even setting aside things like geographical spread, it is probably a true fact that we won’t be doing seshing for a while, not like before…so while maybe not perfect but I know many other folks are setting up so-called “viewing partiies” using things like Zoom, Skype, et al and I guess it works well enough though I haven’t done video conferencing since I was disabled. Anyhow take all that, roll it up and smoke it. What do we have? Maybe a way for us to actually hang for a bit, say watch Up In Smoke or something as a group…and of course everyone gets plowed because thats what we do…

sounds like fun but maybe too much to wish for…

peace
jeff

6 Likes

Hey I’d be up for that. My internet sucks but would try.
Your pictures are great. I kinda see what you mean when you mentioned taking photos.

3 Likes

@lbdwarrior I’m sorry I haven’t posted much but seriously I enjoy your thoughts and posts… You’re a brilliant man :facepunch: buds are killing it :seedling::herb::palm_tree:

3 Likes

Hmmm. OK this may sound like bullshit because the first time I looked at the numbers they looked BS to me but the math don’t lie…check this out:

OK with this crop harvest coming up, this will be the first full-throttle end-to-end trellis grow we have done. We knew it made more flower from past experience so since this harvest is approximately a month away or so. time to start thinking logistics.

Where my normal grows are almost totally chopped up for RSO, the fact that this trick yielded so many colas is causing us to rethink some drying strategies so where before we chop it up on a drying rack in the end of the grow room, this time on day one of the harvest we will go through and snatch every proper cola (read: at least 12 inches of solid or nearly-solid bud), trim the fans from it and hang them in tent #1 to slow-dry for smoke. Then all the rest is chopped off the trellis rigs and dried with two king-sized herb drying racks I have which will be hung in tent #2. Finally I just switch off all lights and remove any pots left over and zip the tents; the environment in there will be perfect: dark with gentle airflow and constant exhaust.

The Citrus Sap Cola Exemplar

So to do this right we needed to estimate what we would need for the cola hanging part of this, figuring 3-4 per plant but this morning we went in and did a head count. Beth and I independently counted each branch that met the above criteria that experience has taught us will likely result in a cola when done.

The mind-blower came in when I tallied my list, I came up with a cola count between the two tents as 96. Yep you read that right. Beths came in at about 109 or something for median value of north of a hundred colas… we are probably wrong but if we are not, holy crap. So just in case we are not both full of crap, I will be stringing four lines in tent 1 to hang them from…need 100 clips of some kind but…a hundred colas…just…damn. We will see…flushed everyone this morning, we are approaching the final trimester on this and will be adding some extra fun to the sauce this week (I hope, if the postal gods are kind to me)…

7 Likes

Probably the last upgrade for the project: 2 new supposedly 2000w LED panels…I got the pair for 25 bones each so even if they are crappy and a quarter of that, I am still ahead. But they are not the payoff or reason for the upgrade, just a small part of it. I hung them today when they came in just to check them out but I am still awaiting one vital component and THAT will be the payoff/final project upgrades…for now, here is a quickie collage of the new lights. Interesting note: two are obviously hung in their tent but the other two are actually the same light taken just a few seconds apart, the interesting thing being that the one that looks blue was taken in Googles standard mode and the redder version was taken with “night vision” or night mode basically a low-light …filter I guess. The room was a little dim but the brightness of the light made it look midnight or something, was actually like in late afternoon (mail arrived)…anyhow did a flush today, not much to report other than the cola count which still blows my mind. I mean if I topped 8 plants 4 times that would yield less than I counted today but the thing is, I didn’t top these at all, I tried to once but my …situation made it such I could not control or see well so barely FIMmed most and saw later I missed some entirely. For what its worth, that humiliation means thats my last try at topping…

6 Likes

This grow journal is finished, not worth completing. Ask @piper since he speaks for you all.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t let 1 person get to you… I’ve felt that way and belittled as a grower here before but I don’t let it bother me and will keep posting and let my grow prove it… I encourage you to keep posting no matter what anyone says… If this forum is helping you stay but if it’s making your situation worse and stressing you then I don’t blame you… I really actually enjoy reading your posts buddy!!

6 Likes

Yeah me too @lbdwarrior I really enjoy your posts n vids. :100: per cent! :smiley:

1 Like

I just joined this site and have been busy reading and getting to know you all. @lbdwarrior I read this thread last night and got super excited about your project. I too am experimenting in my grow. I started hydro then full soil now I have designed a quasi hydro soil hempy pot. Water nutes on bottom then kinda like a lid withholes to allow root access then living soil. I have some beautiful babies now but have had some major fails. I like to think these are where I learn the most, still it is sad when I kill my green babies. I guess my point is I really have enjoyed the posts from you and if it is not detrimental to you I too would appreciate further posts from you. I like the way you grow. I hope you find some relief in this message that not all peeps are asses. Thank you so much for sharing a piece of you!!!

2 Likes

Can I double like this post?!!

3 Likes