Thrips. Best help

Hi. I have thrips. Larvae stage all over. I have samples of dr zymes. And green cleaner. I haven’t tried them. I need help. I’ve been in a 4 month depression and need help. What should I do. I have a perpetual grow and it’s out of control.

3 Likes

All autos right now. Indoor grow using Gavita 1700 LEDs and possibly have to much light ?

1 Like

You have any pictures? Can’t tell if it’s light damage based on your description.

1 Like

I would try them and see if it works. I’ve had root mites and I used Botanigard which is a fungal pesticide, as well as captain joes dead bug spray which contains Spinosad and is plant friendly. There’s also predatory bugs, I used Arbico to order H. Myles mites for my problem and I’ve kept them alive for generations, no problems since. You’ll need a different breed of mites to combat thrips though, here’s the link you could probably get the cheapest one and it’d likely still be more than enough!

Good Luck!

5 Likes

Hey help out the new guy here; how can light cause or trigger thrips? Only got hit once over the years (taking plants in and out…dumb, dumb, dumb) but didn’t see any light connection. I covered the tops of the soilmix with an inch of clean sand, hung those yellow sticky insect catchers everywhere, etc. While I was able to kind of fight them to a stand-still I never got rid of them until I basically gutted the grow tent, bleach-washed it top to bottom, all lights, etc…

3 Likes

@hoppiefrog helped me when I had an infestation. He gave me some spinosad, but only use it when not in flower!

4 Likes

Definitely thrips. I can see them. And I’m to stupid to get a picture of the plant apparently

4 Likes

I’ve only had this problem once. When I mixed happy frog and ocean forest. I always use hp pro mix but ran out of soil. It’s what I had. Grow shop is a hour away.

4 Likes

I just got a delivery of Bill Jacobson super soil. But have to totally clean room before I start with his soil. The weather is finally getting good here. It frosted last week for 3 nights. It’s hard to clean when your grow never stops.
And hi everyone. I hope everyone is well and your garden is growing good. It’s been a long time since I’ve been here.

4 Likes

Someone recommend green cleaner. Or dr zymes. I have samples of both. I don’t like using anything. So that’s why I’m asking what would be best

3 Likes

@phatjr. The dr Zymes would be the better choice From what I’ve just quick read.
Says it eliminates soft bodied insects.
Def check application rates and frequency. I’m not sure if it’s safe to use in flower tho. Not sure if you are flowering or not. :v:

4 Likes

There’s always insecticidal soap!

3 Likes

Soap leaves even worse flavor if in flower.if u have 45 days left h can let the spinosad break down. Won’t leave any flavor if u have time .if not preditors is the way

5 Likes

Remember soap is oil baised and thc is a fatty acid.

3 Likes

How do I get a pic to you. We’ve tried this long ago. Lol

4 Likes

How do I send a picture?

4 Likes

Captain jacks will send these mofos into another dimension

3 Likes

@phatjr.
Right here in bottom right corner.

5 Likes

Tks brother :wink:

4 Likes