Time to grow again

Hopefully, they will keep finding therapeutics properties to those magnificient flowers and you’ll get to live to 135 if you so desire! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

And Happy Holidays to you too and everybody else in this wonderful magic land that is GN.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too… that is my goal … to have to many seeds

2 Likes

In the middle of get it ready for the new seeds almost done

@that_one_guythus is what it looks like with my lights on it

4 Likes

It appears that VPD is the invention of horticulturists. Unfortunately, this equation is wrong. Vapor transport is not determined by pressure difference. Also, the water that exists on leaves and in stomata does not have the same vapor pressure as a pool of water on the floor or in a bucket. However, this equation is proper for water flow in a pipe, which of course is not the plant situation. The proper equations involve gas dynamics which I doubt is a required course for plant folks.

2 Likes

I’ve never found a need to worry about that. I’ve said it before a thousand times
Don’t over complicate your grow. Its a weed after all. I feel like all these problems in peoples grows come from them doing to much.

4 Likes

I can agree… nothing wrong with wanting to as much as you can right

3 Likes

VPD is very much plant specific. I would definitely appreciate hearing your perspective on it, @kirkcollier. Sounds like you’ve got a background in engineering? I’d love to see where these concepts could cross over or how I could think about it differently.

@MK3_Pharms I’m with you. Simple is best. Ideally everyone could just drop a seed in their outdoor garden filled with fertile soil and an ideal grow season and climate and let nature grow perfect perfect cannabis. Unfortunately we all have shortcomings in our grows that require us to adjust to imitate what nature would look like on a perfect day. My grow gets humid so I get to reduce the humidity. I don’t have a sun, so I use electric light. It just depends how closely a person wants to get to giving a plant as high quality a life as nature can.

2 Likes

So use more exhaust fans or increase the speed. Do you run negative pressure or positive. Or a dehumidifier?

Personally I have my exhaust fan I keep it so that the walls are pulling in slightly and have one of the small bottom vent open… my humidifier just died as I was putting my seed in so fingers crossed not buying anything till after the new year lol

1 Like

UPDATE ALERT
2 of 6 have made there way up to say hi

Here’s the 1st

Here’s the 2nd

Let’s see how long they last for humidifier died yesterday so it either temp of RH… till I can get a cheap one maybe a day or two…

3 Likes

Pick up an ultrasonic pond fogger and a float to keep it properly submerged. I built a float for 3 using a foam garden kneeling mat and some solo cups that floats in a 5 gallon bucket. For less than $50 worth of parts I can humidify a large space with a strong enough fan blowing over the bucket. In a small tent a single fogger with a small oscillating fan blowing across it would be fine.

2 Likes

Ok … so until then what is the thing I should worry about the most temp or the RH… please dont say both

1 Like

Right now of they are in veg really neither. Think of it like a green house. Just don’t feed then anything but PH water

1 Like

Stick them under some kind of dome until they get a few true leaves. Hell, even putting them into a clear plastic bag would work. You can worry about temp later, but at this stage humidity is critical. Once they’re a few inches tall you can beat them up a fair bit, but until then be really gentle with their humidity.

3 Likes

@MK3_Pharms yeah that is all I have been doing is I have PhD water in a spray bottle

@devjyarn I have cut water bottles over them for right now trying to keep water on the insides of them

2 Likes

So I didn’t post last night so here it is
Still have the same to pop the surface

This one shed its shell

Ok so for some reason the picture i have of this one won’t upload (I will take one and add it here later)

But I did finally finish a set

3 Likes

When I got home tonight I did my check and I found a new one popped up … .

The shell must have got stuck some where…

And this is the one I couldn’t get to upload earlier

So tiny … but how quickly they grow

5 Likes

Oh and what does everyone consider the seedling stage

2 Likes

I’ve heard alot of growers do second or third set of leaves then start dropping lights on schedule down

1 Like