TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

Domo Arigato…what is that arm…Danger Danger…Danger Will Robinson.

8 Likes

Lol It’s my roomates arm, I have trouble focusing the camera and holding the clone back far enough at the same time

8 Likes

I’m just razzing ya, I’m peaking up a buzz. You know where I’m at.

8 Likes

Tree, it was not too long ago that you were totally frustrated with cloning, and look at you TODAY!
I’m just saying I’ve found immense benefit in failures !! Adversity forces change, and in the contemplation of that change, our many avenues are reassessed, new avenues are explored…and lo and behold…there’s that damn yellow brick road I’ve been looking for !!

Just good on you for your persistence!!!

9 Likes

@treetrunks those roots are wicked awesome work and that hash looks fire

11 Likes

Thank you both @TheMadFlascher and @st0na

8 Likes

Deleted Scene by cult classics Day 36, two leaves on the same plant have overlapping leaf segments

14 Likes

Nice roots @treetrunks you have got cloning down now. I cant stop cloning…its an addiction!

10 Likes

I transplanted like 10 clones tonight and another 31 plants. Im tired asf!

9 Likes

@PreyBird1 I don’t know how you find time for it all! Thank you again for the help with cloning!

10 Likes

All these into 1 gallon bags.

15 Likes

@treetrunks they are looking bloody awesome bro

@PreyBird1 alot of work there to my brother but they say no work no rewards

10 Likes

Hey @treetrunks that’s neat as hell, don’t think I’ve seen that overlap look so beautiful!

10 Likes

I’ve recently come across a few people suggesting that once a strain is breed for a certain number of generations it is no longer the same strain of a different generation but rather new strain all together. I know you can select for dominant/ recessive traits and that the different generations will have different chances of various expressions but is there a point where it becomes a new stain altogether? The two generations that were suggested to be “new strains” were F3 and F8, but by two separate people who do not seem to agree with the other.

9 Likes

Thank you @papajerry and @st0na

8 Likes

Those are some proper trippy leaves. Tripping me out. Really really cool.

9 Likes

Trying out a bubble bag dude brand 5 gal mini washer, it was a few dollars more then the costway washer but included a 220 micron zipper bag. Smelled a bit like new plastic at first so I ran plain water in it a few times. The label on the 220 zipper bag is sewn on absolutely terribly I definitely recommend removing it if possible.

Followed the instructions for the first run with a small bit of Fresh Frozen as a test. Cannabis into zipper bag, fill the rest of the zipper bag with ice and 70 % ice and 30% water for the first test run, ran for 3 minutes after letting it rehydrate for 5 minutes. Totally destroyed the flower and the trichromes all green slime in the bags which means the plant material was being ground into dust. This method wasn’t worth the time or ice and wasted the material.

Second test run with new fresh frozen material was with no ice in the bag and minimal ice in the machine just enough to keep everything cold. Rehydrated for 20 min, Ran for 1.5 min then drained. Much better results then the instructions it came with. Ran a few more washes adding ice as needed increasing the time untill the extracted material started to lower in yield and become green again.

Going to try a third run now that I’m a little more comfortable using the machine I’ll start to wash normal amounts instead of small test batch’s. I’m most likely going to be avoiding putting ice into the zipper bag and using just enough to keep everything cold closer to drink with a few ice cubes then the 70% ice ratio.

10 Likes

Third run was a few sandwich bags worth of a mixture of FF trim and dried cured shake (the crumbs at the bottom of the weed jar/bag). Rehydrated for 20 mins in ice water before running the machine for 1.5 minutes which is the machines shortest setting. After draining the wash water through my bubble bags I pour the water through the machine again to help rinse any loose material/trichomes into the bags. I ran 2 more 1.5 min cycles and then began to increase the time to 3, 4.5, 9 and 15 minute cycles. The final cycle was another 15 minutes with 3 to 4 times the amount of ice as the others to make sure there’s nothing left in the plant material. Noticeable difference in color and a loss in yield on the last cycle.

The next round was enough POTG FF trim to fill the 220 zipper bag halfway.Looking at my notes from each pull I felt comfortable reducing the amount of cycles to 1.5,3,6,and two 15 minute cycles, the last with roughly 3 times the amount of ice as the others.

It is so much less labour intensive and reduced the time it took me to extract even with a two person team. I can’t compare the yield vs hand stirring yet because I’m running different amounts of different materials. If I can get two equal amounts of the same material in the future I will do a hand stirred vs machine washed run to compare the yield and quality.

There’s a sticker on the back that says for outdoor use only which is probably worth noting. I will definitely be upgrading to a smooth drainage hose from the accordion style it comes with. I wish there was a was to control the speed and or power of the washer as well

10 Likes

I’ve heard from multiple growers that have had similar fan leaves with overlapping leaflets since the first post and the majority of theirs produced a single nug in the center of the fan leaf during flower. All with different strains, nutrients and growing styles.

8 Likes

Hindsight, Planet of the Grapes and Cement Shoes Clones/Mother’s in coco. Still testing the hindsight in flower but it has to beat one of the other strains to stick around. All started with seeds from @automatik / Chitownseeds

So far every plant that was transplanted from the coco indoors into soil outdoors has done extremely well. The largest has been a little over 3 ft tall and 2 ft x2 ft across at the time of transplant all from the same size of pot. They needed the same number of plain water cycles per day as they did in the tent (twice a day for the large ones) untill the roots get established in the ground. All were all top dressed heavily with Gaia green amendments as soon as they switched from nutrient water to plain. I’ve had success with both the 4-4-4 general purpose and the 2-8-4 bloom. They were all gifted to friends, some with little or no experience growing cannabis but they all managed to follow the repotting instructions ( repot into the ground ASAP, water X number of times per day for a week and dump this Ziploc bag of fertilizer on top.

8 Likes