TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

Thank you! I’ll order one in the morning!

6 Likes

I think you’ll have the tools necessary to monitor your environment .
Nothing quite like knowing where your comfort zone is!!

Good Luck,
Bob

7 Likes

Well that is really cool !! Everyone likes a little recognition !! Job well done!

Kudos

Marty

7 Likes

i have two of them, one from Amazon, and one I bought directly from China using the AliExpress app or you can use a desktop and go to AliExpress.com. They both read the same. The one from China has the multiple circle of dots with a center dot supposed to be more accurate, but like I said they both read the same.

The readout, it also does RH

The dot pattern

Marty

8 Likes

Day 14 for the Hindsight, Cement shoes ex kratky clone is finally looking better and the clones in the mother tent seem happy so far. Been doing lots of defoliation to help avoid any wet spots in the flower tent. Finally got the digital thermometer tonight about to start playing around with it. Also got an ac to help keep the room cool in the warmer months just need to get the electric in for it. I should have a nutrient starter pack from growth science nutrients on the way soon as well

11 Likes

I’ve been seeing the leaf to air temp difference increase as the humidity rises and the VPD gets closer to where it’s supposed to be in the flower tent. The first day I used the digital thermometer the leaf to air temp was -2f difference today it’s around -5f. The tent is running aprox 82f and 46-52 Rh. Using the pulse grow calculator and a digital thermometer to check atleast twice a day at the moment. Thank you @TheMadFlascher for suggesting I get the thermometer and the calculator

8 Likes

Happy to help tree,
It’s REALLY helpful to consider that VPD throughout your grow…
Even if you can’t maintain VPD perfectly, you’re sure going to be aware of it and get as close as possible…Knowledge is power!!!

9 Likes

Got an a.c. and some new electric put in to help keep the flower tent cool (below 85f). The Hindsight seed is on day 26 of veg and the cement shoes clone is looking alot healthier. Planet of the grapes and 10th planet are on day 29 of flower and I haven’t had any more trouble with wet spots on the leaves since getting the digital thermometer and the VPD calculator. The POTG and 10th planet clones in coco are doing well, I over fed them a bit a few days ago playing with the e.c. run off levels but I corrected it fairly quickly. I might end up giving away both POTG clones that are in the dirt pots. I was planning on running one outside but I was offered some Cult classics seeds for my next run and I’m not sure Im going to be able to choose between keeping the POTG or Tenth planet mother’s in time to make space in my plant count. I could kill the POTG in coco and grow out the one in soil and then take a clone off it before it flowers but I’m SUPER paranoid about bringing in plants from outside.

10 Likes

Had a bit of trouble getting the flower tents humidity and temps in range when I first started up the a.c. but I think I’ve got it worked out now. Won a gift card from Flora Flex and used it to get another light and a gallon of root drip to try out. I think Spider Farmer is also going to sponsor me for another light sometime in June. I’m still waiting on the growth science nutrients, they had a problem with the shipping and I think it got sent back at the border. Hopefully it’s on its way again but I can’t really complain they only wanted one post in exchange for the starter kit.

POTG and 10th planet are on day 37 of flower, the POTG has a strong grape candy smell that is very strange if you have never experienced grape terps before.

The cement shoes ex kratky clone is getting a thick trunk and the hindsight from seed is on day 34 of Veg

The mother’s in coco are looking healthy and both of the POTG in soil were picked up by friends for their summer grows. The lights are off in the mother tent are off right now but I’ll try to get another picture of them up this week

12 Likes

Beauties all around Tree!!
I do believe you’ve got this art pretty well dialed in!!
Congrats!!

12 Likes

Thanks Bob! There’s always room for improvement but I am hoping I’ll be able avoid any catastrophic failures

10 Likes

Going to order a new dehumidifier, I’m going for a 50 pint under the newer standard. In 2019/2020 they changed the ratings where a previously 70 pint is now rated at 50pint under the new testing conditions. I’m currently running an old standard 50pint but it’s struggling to keep the humidity down at night. I want to upgrade to a commercial dehumidifier like anden or quest but I just don’t have the money this time around.

9 Likes

Planet of the Grapes and 10th planet mother’s in coco

16 Likes

POTG and 10th planet Day 54 of flower, I changed out the led that was in there for a spider farmer Se5000 its not as powerful as the 650 watt meijui led I was using before but the detachable driver is helping keep my temps down in the flower tent alot

The cement shoes is getting to big for the tent and hindsight is on day 51 of veg.

17 Likes

POTG and 10th planet mother’s in coco in the mother tent and 2 cement shoes cuttings I took a few hours ago in the turboKlone. I’ll keep which ever looks best and gift the extra to friends

18 Likes

That Cement Shoes is beautiful!!!

8 Likes

Thank you! She ended up smoking really well, I think she has to be my favorite strain that I’ve grown so far.

8 Likes

Got the cement shoes into the flower tent a few days ago shes alot bigger then I was aiming for. I’m most likely trimming the 10th planet tomorrow. The POTG came out to aprox 360g trimmed and dry

IMG_20220611_190928_508

21 Likes

@treetrunks,
Just FANTASTIC !
I’m guessing you’re a permanent convert to hydro growing!

I’m curious of your observations growing in hydro, especially regarding the hydro/VPD
effects you’re observing as far as growth rate and bud quality!!!

12 Likes

Looking awesome homie! :sunglasses:

10 Likes