TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

I talked to my sponsor at Spider Farmer and they agreed to send me another 2x4 tent so I will have a bit more room to keep some mother plants. I managed to get some POTG cuttings into the turboKlone 2 days ago hoping for the best as it’s my first time using it.

11 Likes

Looks like you’re getting the wind under your wings on this cloning thing Tree!

6 Likes

Got the new tent setup and made room for the clone/mother tent. The clones in the turboKlone haven’t rooted completely yet but they are looking much more promising then my previous attempts.

POTG and 10th planet are on day 2 of Flower

The sponsor tent is going to be a Veg run of the cement shoes clone and a Hindsight seed by twenty20mendocino from Chitownseeds

8 Likes

Way to go Tree!
I enjoy watching your progress on the cloning!
LOL, BEWARE! Once you get it dialed in, you’re going to create a new obsession!!
Your clones look just as nice as your POTG and 10th planet!!

7 Likes

I got a brick of Canna Coco to play with, I’m wondering if green planet pro cal would be suitable to use a buffer?

I also have some dry salts around but they are Cal Nit, Mag Sul and Jack’s part A.

8 Likes

I don’t see why it wouldn’t, putting A little N in there too. Looks like good stuff to me. You have it. There you go. Use it and forward you go. :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you @PreyBird1 @happilyretired and @TheMadFlascher for the cloning advice these look WAY healthier then the last ones. The two with the most roots were taken a few days earlier but it looks like they’re all going to root nicely

10 Likes

Guess what… It’s Belgian Made, mate :sunglasses: :belgium: :us: :belgium:

7 Likes

But to be dead honest. I like the Gorilla’s better. More durable fabric. My Secret Jardin gets wrinkly and showed tiny little holes after a while…wear. Gorilla less. Zippers on the SJ are good indeed!
I do love SJ’s plug&play system. Like AC infinity’s. Exhaust/intake fans: No ducting necessary :heart_eyes:

I keep supporting the local brand tho.

10 Likes

@mudman has my old SJ tent and I had it for probably 8 years, I’m pretty sure he is happy with it too, and he is going on at least 6 months with it.

I was on SJ’s site a while back, and they have whole systems now you can put the exhaust port anywhere you want not where the standard holes are, they have a snap on manafold you make the port out of the tent anywhere you want, pretty cool. And they make tressis systems that fit more than a 3x3 too, I got one for my 5x5 and when you put it on it doesn’t stretch in on the middle of the sides. I haven’t owned a Gorilla tent.

Marty

9 Likes

Hydrodynamics International the company that makes clonex reposted one of my pics today!

Planet of the Grapes clone rooted with #Clonex Gel and Nutrients @hydrodynamicsintl in a T24 aerocloner @turboklone_official with some tips from the @growersnetwork forum members special thanks to @PreyBird1 for the tips.

Cleaned up a node with a clean razor blade on a top branch then cut at a 45 degree angle just below and dipped in clonex gel as fast as possible. 5 ml/L clonex nutrients phd in turboKlone to 5.5 - 6.5 then raised to 10ml as roots developed. Changed the reservoir at least once per week. 24 hour light with a 24 watt CFL. Used the Dome until the last few days

14 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!

My, haven’t you moved to the top of the class!!

Way to go Tree!

10 Likes

Thank you @TheMadFlascher I’m just lucky to have such great
teachers!

I put the Cement shoes clone into a 5 gal ebb and flow bucket a few days ago after she started needing daily water changes in the jar. She’s looking a bit rough but I think she will bounce back as she gets used to the new setup. The Hindsight seed by twenty20 mendocino is on day 5.

I put one of the ethos POTG clones in soil to plant outside once it warms up here and one in coco to keep inside as mother. Once the one in the flowering tent is done I’ll decide if I want to keep the clone/mother. I also have a 10th planet clone and another spare POTG still in the turboKlone ( I took them a few days after the first set).

11 Likes

Very cool @treetrunks. and your clones look great!

8 Likes

Having a bit of trouble with a few wet spots on the leaves my daytime temp is around 82F with 45-50 Rh, night time around 75f 45 Rh. Should I be increasing humidity to slow the plants transpiration or lowering it to help evaporate the spots? I’ve been defoliating heavily and have multiple fans going as well as 6 inch exhaust fan.

10 Likes

I tried lowering the temp to around
77f and raised the humidity to 50-55 Rh but it didn’t seem to help much so I did a Massive defol tonight.

9 Likes

Is it worth it to get a cheap digital thermometer for checking leaf temps? Are there any that anyone would recommend?

6 Likes

The heavy defoliation stopped the wet spots and I got a power cord for the last fan in the corner of the flower tent. I got the 4 clones potted in the mother tent, 2 in coco to keep indoors and 2 in pots to go outside. I’m keeping one of the two in soil for an outdoor grow and gifting the other to a friend for their outdoor grow.

8 Likes

Check these out Tree…not bad
https://www.amazon.com/infrared-temperature-reader/s?k=infrared+temperature+reader

This is the newer version of the Amazon’s favorite…laser dot makes it easy to point. 14 inch distance for most accurate readings. Don’t see much difference between them…check on ratings I guess!
https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-749-Infrared-thermometer-dp-B07QZ1849H/dp/B07QZ1849H/ref=dp_ob_title_def

8 Likes