Tygers second grow around

Honestly if it were me, I’d kick the autos to the curb till u get the learning curve down. Take some time with some photoperiods and get the basics of growing going first, at least the photoperiods can be more forgiving when u run into snags, hell I’ll even donate u some seeds to start with. Problem is if u stunt an auto ur stuck on the timer so what u fail to get it to grow up in those first 3 and a half weeks is gonna kick ur harvest right in the nuts. With a photoperiod u can decide to flower it at the IDEAL size YOUR going for and ur actually better off cuz autos u have to run lights 18-24 hours a day start to finish, where as a photoperiod u only run those hours while in Veg then cut back to 12/12 which is actually cheaper on power not having to provide as much light start to finish. big advantage i see for u though is if it’s not the ideal size when time comes to flower u can leave for another week or two till u feel it is. A photoperiod cannabis plant reaches its sexual maturity 4-6 weeks after seed and able to flip to flower and most autos are between 3rd and 5th week before it starts flowering so the time frame is about the same and unless ur running a true 60 day auto your not really benefiting time wise, anything close to a 90 day auto and u could have easily grown a photoperiod in the same time frame and likely a higher potency since ruderalis isn’t naturally very potent and been the working goal trying to cross with the photoperiod parents. I’ve had sweet tooth auto seeds I got from seed supreme and the two plants I grew out one autod and the other didn’t, had to manually flip lights to get it to flower and hands down the one I had to flip with photoperiod dominance was waaaaaay better than what had autod. Just my $0.02

6 Likes

I reuse my soil Everytime! I can’t be replacing 500+ gallons every grow. I’m organic soil with AACT feedings so don’t have salt buildup and nutrients are going right back in with lots of microbes to eat what’s there too, just reamend once a year with azomite, worm castings, kelp meal, and alfalfa meal and a few other things

4 Likes

Ppl keep recommending smaller pots but I can’t see what size your using, if your growing autos I don’t see any problem having em in a 3-5 gallon pot, that’s ideal and best to have em directly in em as soon as they sprout, autos don’t handle transplanting well at all and I’ve grown em in up to 10 gallon with only Bruce banner #3 ever filling it, wouldn’t suggest more than 3-5 gallon though. Another concern I read is your reusing your soil and throwing trimmings in with it, u got the concept right but missed the approach, those trimmings need to compost first, best way would be getting red wiggler worms and feedin the trimmings to them first so they can break em down and actually be soluable to the plants then feeding the casting to the plants top dressing or mixing in your soil potting things

5 Likes

100% agree.

3 Likes

My suggestion would be to pick one person to mentor you if that’s what you want and do it privately. This way you don’t get a whole bunch of other suggestions that are counterproductive to the style you’re trying. You decide which way you want to go with one person you feel comfortable helping you learn their way then branch out and modify to your own needs. Meanwhile you can read what everybody else is doing and watch how it’s working for them and learn and then when you do that, your next grow you can modify what you’re doing to add other things you learned that you think will work for you.
This would be a lot less confusing starting out.

Just a thought✌🏼

7 Likes

Imo I found if you do it at the right time they dont shock they just keep growing especially with a little superthrive and I find it much easier to get seeds started in jiffy pods or root riots on a seed starter. Most say they start in paper towels I’ve only lost 50+ seeds that way never once been successful with it. I’ve also tried starting directly in dirt in my final pots with no results either. That’s why I mentioned everyone does it different and totally agree with happilyretired in choosing someone to mentor you @tygergrowx

4 Likes

Well within the first few days is considered right time for me, get it in its soil without the plant even knowing anything happened, when all that’s being transplanted is a tail it’s easier to move into final home without disturbing anything or seedling even knowing anything changed. As far as the jiffy pellets I can start just about every other vegetable and plants in em no prob, try to pop cannabis seeds in em and it got very costly losing seeds. I’ve never bothered with the paper towel method except for pepper seeds, easy to mess up too if paper towel is too wet just rotting things, now just to a point of using the 3" starter cubes and filling with my soil I use for everything and have had spot on germination rarely having one not come up and generally when that happens it’s the seeds and generally not able to get of that strain to come up to easy. I totally agree with the different strokes for different folks and geographical location should play a big factor too, I’d be more willing to listen to advice growing in the same conditions as my area (dry, extreme heat, high winds) then someone across the county In cold, humid or snowy conditions. Someone dialed in to my particular grow area with the tips and tricks to overcome the local obstacles is the guy I’d rather be learning from

4 Likes

Growing outdoor I agree especially the local knowledge part. But if you’re just starting out and there’s no one around and you can find someone that has The same geographic conditions. They could give you general information that could help you with whatever problem you may be having.

Growing indoors a little different for me anyway. Indoors you’re creating your own climate so it levels out the playing field a little bit.

5 Likes

Yup! Def agree! There’s a lot of general knowledge that is still across the board but pests or protecting plants from extreme elements can easily be the fine tuning needed on the methods, I’ve grown in northern cali in the emerald triangle and I’m now currently growing in az in extreme heat, the knowledge and experience I gained in Cali only played a small role in the challenges I battle here and has felt like learning to grow all over again, don’t have the mold from the constant rains here like in cali but now I’m in heat that can easily fry roots and a plant not paying attention any given morning, already learned that lesson last month losing about half my 25 plant garden and spent a month bringing back the other half to a decent health again, fine tuning and dialing in the methods is the hardest part, BUT once u get it down then it’s just a turnkey breeze

4 Likes

Yeah I’m with you I’m in Cali but it central Cali. I don’t have to deal with Highwinds or rain and fog so very little mold. but I do have to deal with lots of dust lots of mites and lots and lots of hundred plus days. But I don’t usually have to deal with anything over 110°. But I have a lot of weeks that it doesn’t go below 100 and gets up to 110.

5 Likes

Haven’t noticed any mites here but we have been averaging 115 this summer with some days hitting 122 and we get high winds and the monsoons that come and go as fast as they came just launching our humidity up sometimes, we just don’t ever see frost so aside from the summer heat the other 8 months are perfect for growing

4 Likes

So ironically a few of you told me just restart… Well I had no choice but to because of my puppy, she ate 2 of the 3, I am only gonna have something to smoke on and so far its my favorite but still have yet to try Strawberry Cheese. Still happy to have Cream Candy though!

2 Likes

This is my number one plant enemy. I guess she doesn’t like the attention they get sometimes but she gets all my loving cause they don’t lay with me nor did they get a cake for theirs. Everyone meet Zori

4 Likes

Good day to you all. If I’m correct this os week 9, maybe 10. Gotta check my log but CiCi is coming to an end also transferred in a new home for finishing flowers. The set up is a 3x3x48 also theres two sides to it. One will be used for drying. Also the light is a mars hydro led light, don’t know the watts cause it was gifted but I’ll look it up at some point. Not much on her but I know how she taste and she taste delicious so I may reserve her for the good old birthday.

3 Likes