Ultrasonic Tincture/Extractions For the Self-Medicater

Ultrasonic Attempt #1

2oz decarbed, frozen CBD trim and 3 cups ice cold 190 proof alcohol. I started with 3 minutes, no heat.

During that first 3 minutes, there wasn’t much movement until I stirred it up a bit, then the bubbles slowly started forming. I think, next time, I’ll use less plant matter, per washing, to help allow the ultrasonic bubbles to really move around. I have some articles set aside for some reading, later.

I ended up doing a total of 12 minutes, occasionally stirring GENTLY, just to move everything around to allow the bubbles to do their thing. I have a video, but I need to shorten it up so my terrible internet signal has an easier time uploading it.

After the 12 minutes, I triple strained, following the method used previously on this thread.

Now, it’s up to the Source.

5 Likes

With all the magic stuff you’re doing here, are you sure you’re not a witch?:wink:

I’m curious ; how do you consume these extracts and what effects do they have?

Oh and thanks for sharing all your experiments. It’s really fascinating.

3 Likes

Lol! I just might be.

I have been using them as tinctures, as well as putting them into edibles. Eventually, I hope to get it down to where I can make some vape carts, as well. All strictly for my own consumption.

Thank you for following along! This is all new, to me. In the past, I’ve only made budder/cannacoconutoil and QWET. Trying to turn that QWET into something more than tincture or black gooey hash oil.

5 Likes

My goal with this batch of CBD extract is to allow it to become similar in texture/dryness to my last blob of THC hash oil, then adding some terps and hemp oil (or maybe mct) to make a cool, smooth, & delicious CBD tincture.

5 Likes

I like MCT myself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you? I have been using coconut oil to mix with my concentrates and RSO but I wanted to try something else and I’ve heard mention of MCT

3 Likes

It works well I find .I also use cocoa butter for chocolate

3 Likes

I’m going to have to try it. Thanks!

3 Likes

I bought a little bottle of MCT to try. It really mixes well and easily. Tastes waaaay better than hemp oil, too.

3 Likes

For sure and easy on mouth I used to use 200 proof ethanol

2 Likes

Thanks Girl!! I’m a little over the coconut oil at the moment lol

2 Likes

?? Did you have an issue? And do I want to know?

1 Like

200proof alcohol shreds your mouth bad but works fast lol

Heck, 190 proof shreds the mouth. :joy:

1 Like

Makes one hell of good green dragon tho :wink:

How much did the source cost ya ?

My still needs a new gasket haha

$486, including shipping.

1 Like

Nice my still cost more and doesnt work as well and it’s messy :wink:

1 Like

Plus, it only heats to a max of 105°F.