Underwater/Overwater other?

Before splotches turned dry like this they were slightly darker than the rest of the leaf, as though someone had pinched it really hard destroying the tissue, but with the damage not yet showing. Now it looks like paper with living fire moving across it far too slow to see, but every time you look back you’re sure you’ll see more’s been burnt :frowning:

To me this looks like pictures of fungus gnat damage- which is crazy because I’ve tried to cut back on watering and if anything this particular plant seems to dry out/ start to droop the fastest. I put neem oil in the water today so hopefully if that is the cause it’ll be fixed.

3 Likes

I’ve never grafted anything, but I wonder, if you get a male, can you cut away everything but the roots and maybe a little stem and graft on a few female branches? Or does that come out hermie/male?

Have to travel sometimes, poor girls got underwatered, watered with stale bad water, and underwatered a second time. Fortunately they’ve recovered from the damage. I watered a few times without nutes to make sure I don’t have lockout and am back to jacks
38’ 24’ 34’ 26’ 24’

2 Likes

Your genetic expression is male so no matter what you graft on it you will get ‘male’. FWIW

3 Likes

I didn’t even read that right. You cut back everything and the plant will prob die. You gotta be really good to knock out a just root and stalk grafting…

It can be done.

2 Likes

Having never grown before I’m not really too sure how to tell when a plant is 3 weeks from harvest, if any look that way to you please tell me.

Fritter Mints took advantage of the other 3 revegging to pull into the lead!

I better spray their leaves before I leave tomorrow, ash is blanketing everything.

My props to the breeders that this plant somehow naturally grows like this with virtually no training.

She’s shooting up like a rocket after struggling for each millimeter. Not as advanced as the others but she’s finally prospering

5 Likes

i think you probably have more than three weeks before harvesting any of them yet. but let’s see what others might have to say also.

5 Likes

Those look quite young. Your going to count from when you switched lighting schedule. Typically 8 weeks of flower. Add about a week each time you defoliated or did any massive training. There are always stress time-frames they have to bounce back from. Your looking for more red hairs and alot more trichomes.

6 Likes

Definitely the short bus of grow operations

But they sure are some pretty tards

Super Lemon Haze looking like fireworks. Her leaves are longer than her branches. Probably my fault lol

Came back from 3 weeks of work to find 16 caterpillars on my poor fritter

I don’t really know when the flowering phase started exactly (very smokey days + weird outdoor lighting situation) but I’m guessing 2-4 weeks left for everything except Super Lemon Haze. Been just giving the 4 that look more mature 50% dose of flora bloom in their water (no nitrogen)
Does carboload do anything? I got 5 gallons of the stuff for free when I bought other nutes.

4 Likes

Definitely the short bus of grow operations :rofl: thats funny. nice plants.

2 Likes

Looking good overall. Pics 6 and 7 look like they might be showing evidence of the beginnings of botrytis. Take a good look at the splotchy brown and rolling leaves. You may need a little antifungal.

3 Likes

Oh god should I cut open 7 to see?

1 Like

I wouldn’t cut anyone open at this point, but I’d keep a close eye on it and remove any necrotic looking leaves.

3 Likes

Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback. I just assumed I could stop paying attention to the leaves since they haven’t been getting nutes for them and are (supposed?) to be dying off.

2 Likes

They will “cannibalize” lower leaves as they get older, but when upper leaves start curling and shrivelling and turning that grungy, dead brown I like to keep an eye on them. I ended up with bud rot in my last grow and it started with shriveled and curled leaves on the cola. Watch out for anything that looks fuzzy.

5 Likes

So my plants have been flowering a while now, they only get indirect light and I’m starting to worry about bugs since I can’t use neem any more (though I am applying BT every few days). Should I harvest these four? Opinions would be appreciated since I have no idea what finished looks like/ if stunted conditions would alter the finished look.

I keep seeing these little black balls, no visible caterpillars since the previous infestation, but dried out patches have me worried.

Thripps :confused: should I harvest her? And should I cut her close to the buds so she dries faster or will they leave her as she dries at about the same pace either way?

She ready?

Ready for harvest?

Once I harvest I then: do a lemon-juice/baking soda +2 rinse bucket wash, then hanging in a well ventilated dark room with a fan on, then once dry I trim the leaves, keeping the sugar leaves for edibles, then cure, right?

5 Likes

@squidypie thought I might help you out a little bit with your materials…BT is effective exclusively on Lepodoptera (moth/butterfly) larva. It is a very good organic material but didn’t want you believing it will have any affect on aphids, thrips, mites …FWIW

BTW thrips will continue to feed on your buds until they are dry enough that there is no liquid left…

4 Likes

I’ve stopped watering and will be harvesting these 4 on Thursday (applying The Amazing Dr Zymes Wednesday), washing and hanging them. Should I freeze them as well to kill bugs or trust in Zymes + the drying process?

If you think any of these aren’t ready yet please let me know, as I’ve never done this before.

Finally a few days below 90 degrees so I can give them a lil direct sun

Fritter Mints

Wakanda

Peanut Butter Breath

Legend OG

Super Lemon Haze, still needs a few weeks

4 Likes

Wish I could help with answers. I’m in the same boat as you are in wondering when the girls are done. Yours do look much farther in than mine do, so I must be more behind than I thot!

3 Likes

Are you able to look close at your flowers. You can do the old school and go by the amount of red hairs but that is not the best way to do it. I can show you some pictures that I have from today of trichomes that are definitely in the window for harvest. I am going to wait until Sunday. I can tag you over to my journal you can browse around there and get a pretty good idea what you’re looking for. If you like.

6 Likes

Can You tag me in there please

4 Likes