Vanilla Frosting

I pulled out a purple punch and a hash god that were males. Leaves me with 2 Hash Gods, 1 purple punch and the vanilla frosting clone Gonna be a tightly packed tent before long

2 Likes

Anyone want the males for free? I’m in Northern CA

3 Likes

The mother of this strain was a monster bud producer! I crossed her 2x only. Galactic god and afficianados white caviar f3. But because my accident i only got seeds from one cross. The white caviar. I havent sorted the seeds yet. Im so far behind on getting seeds separated from pods. Someone needs to make a seeds collection machine. Picking seeds is addictive and sucks at the same time.

2 Likes

Man the 1st male. Wish i had it. Id breed it and then back cross it to the original mother. But nothing i can do now.

1 Like

Cloning update. I don’t have much experience in cloning…I don’t have a fancy cloner or any of that. Just some rock wool cubes, a bottle of clonex and some scissors.

I took a bunch of cuttings and tried to clone them to see what happens. It has now been about 12 days and looks like maybe 7 out of 11 of them are alive! Pretty cool. One even has roots growing straight up out of the hole where the stem was inserted.

Question is can I transplant them right now or should I wait for even more rooting?

Other question is what do I do with all these clones now? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My tent is already full and about to begin flowing phase…

2 Likes

The bigger the roots the more vigorus it will grow. If your to fast on transplant the plant will be stunted for another week.

1 Like

4 Likes

Another day. Is there space under the plug? Or is the plug flat against the bottom of the tray.

2 Likes

LoL… you sound just like me.

Funny chit right there. Its just hard to toss out good cuttings even if your just trimming… my room will be filled…is filled but I just feel I gotta do something with the cuttings. I think this is a side effect from having the growing bug…

5 Likes

Ok now you smacked my shin with a bat lol…had two extra plants in 1 gal pots, decided to put them in with my others in the 5 gal pots…just couldn’t bear to throw them out or kill them. It got so crowded and dense everything “down under” was dying off. Finally called a growing buddy and said hey come get these plants they are 2 weeks into flower get them in bigger pots and finish them, he just sent me pics and a thank you, they are his best plants lol…just can’t seem to kill the girls even if I don’t have room! Not to mention at the least those two were $20 worth of seed alone!

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Man looking great :nerd_face:

2 Likes

New iphone-camera upgrade. Photos should be better now.

Wife spoiled me for Christmas :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Cloning update: addicted to cutting clones.

I must have 15-20 going right now lol

2 Likes

Upgrading to a spider farmer sf2000 tomorrow.

Also flipping to 12/12 New year new flowers

2 Likes

Last day of veg

4 Likes

Its super addictive, the clone cuttings I mean… I can’t effing throw away good candidates even when I’m just doing a little trimming. I have cuttings in my AC condensate drain, my compost bucket, pots on the windowsill… lol it’s just so hard for me to toss out a perfectly good clone.

4 Likes

TGIF

9 Likes

Looking great maz!

1 Like

Ok so I waited a week for the plants to adjust to the new light. Everything was good so I went to 12/12 mode on Monday. This is 5 days in and already stretching. Looking great tho!

Is it too late to take clones? I can see that a few of these lower shoots aren’t gonna make it up to the canopy and get light.

One takeaway from my first grow: the smaller popcorn buds you get from the lower branches aren’t worth growing. First time around I thought “ok… the more flowers the better right? I’ll let the lower stuff grow and have more weed at the end”. Turns out that stuff is so airy and leafy that you can’t even pack a good bowl with it. I think you’re better off cutting all lower shoots that won’t get good lighting so the plant can concentrate on building nice fat buds up top.

Maybe outdoor is different bc of the moving sun covering more of the plant over the day. However in a tent lower branches receiving lower light levels get the snip :scissors:

5 Likes