Vegetative stage limits?

Hey all! I was wondering if there is a limit to how long you can keep a plant in the vegetative growth stage? My plant is almost 3 weeks old but is pretty small because I was using a small light. I just upgraded the light to something stronger and I was hoping I could let it grow a bit bigger before switching the light schedule to make it flower. According to the nutrient schedule I downloaded from this website I’m supposed to transition my plant at week 4?

I’m concerned it will still be too small for any decent yield right now. Can I keep my plant in the vegetative stage for another month or so so it gets big or does it have to be flipped after 4 weeks? Thanks for your help! Here’s a pic of lucky from today for reference!

3 Likes

You can keep her vegging as long as she’s fed. And light cycles are correct. After week 4 you would fed week 4 nutes till you do flower.

I typically won’t feed for several weeks, due to the soil having nutrients ( i use foxfarm ocean forest). I typically start feeding at week 3. This is always dependant on each farmer. We all do what we feel is needed. You will too.

2 Likes

is this an auto flower or photo? I should have asked.

A photo (reg seed or fem seed) will be a typical 4 weeks veg (or how ever long you want) and 8 week flower period (some strains are longer or shorter, gotta research strain).

1 Like

This is a seed that I found in my ghost train haze bottle from my dispensary so I’m not sure if it’s an auto flower or feminized or anything. Tbh I never thought I would get as far as I have with it but I’m so excited that I have. All I know is it’s called ghost train haze and here are the stats from the batch I bought:

1 Like

Ghost Train Haze is a sativa-dominant hybrid that’s easy to grow and offers heavy hields of sugary, trichome-rich buds in a 65-80 day flowering period. Ghost Train Haze is a sativa-dominant hybrid that’s easy to grow and offers heavy hields of sugary, trichome-rich buds in a 65-80 day flowering period.

1 Like
3 Likes

You might call and ask someone from your dispensary. Seems like there are all three forms of the seed out. Reg, fem, and auto.
Reg are a gamble, might get males. 12 week
Fem are supposed to be guaranteed females. 12 week
Autos . 8 to 12week

@PreyBird1 could you explain this better for me???

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the info. Man those tricomes… :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:. Do you think my dispensary would tell me or would they get mad that I’m growing one of their seeds? Legally I can grow up to 6 plants with my medical card but idk if growers get jealous or something. I’ve figured it was a gamble when it sprouted and I learned there were male and female plants. I’ve got my fingers crossed that it’s a girl!! If not, I plan on starting over with some really nice feminized seeds so I’m guaranteed a harvest :heart:.

I would guess it already is a fem. They won’t get upset. They prob won’t know much. At least our city base doesn’t. There is so much out there legal, illegal, commercial , just tons and tons…

2 Likes

and thats your seed. You bought it. You do as you will with your merch!

3 Likes

By fem do you mean you think it’s female or that it’s feminized? I’m still learning the lingo here :wink:.

Lol how can they get upset there lucky you dont take it back and bitch because they sold you seedy weed.

4 Likes

You bought the seeds there yours. If they didnt want there seeds getting out then why sell them. Ill give away seeds for free. I actually have a bunch of afficianados white caviar i just mated for more seeds. I also cloned them both. So i have males and females. To cross and mate and backcross and do what i want. I own them now. And ill share some with my friends.

3 Likes

If you ever want to send some free seeds my way I would love to try to grow some of what you have! :heart_eyes::wink::relaxed: Haha.

2 Likes

Lol done send me a DM ill shoot you some!

hey in your other thread your light might be to close. You dont want to burn it Up.

1 Like

I agree with cjones. The dispensary may not know unless they grow their own plants and most dont. Was the seed in a bud or loose in the jar? Most growers use feminized seeds or more often use clones from feminized plants. If this is a seed from a female plant the only way that can happen is if the plant was a hermaphrodite. So your seed could be either male or female. Keep a close eye out over the next few weeks for abnormal growth where the leaf stem meets the main plant stem (node). If it’s a male you have the option of letting it grow to get more seeds just be careful it can pollinate neighbors seeds for a quarter mile lol. On another note it would help the plant grow more if it’s in a bigger pot. What soil are you using? Also it looks like you have a blurple light. If it has two switches for flower and veg turn them both on together. How high is your light from the plant? Most importantly have fun growing! :smiley::+1::v:

1 Like

The seed was in the bud. I’ll keep a close eye on it. That’s good to know about the quarter mile thing because I have a sneaky suspicion that my neighbor across the street is growing weed too. :rofl: I have a bigger pot, I’m just waiting for the soil to arrive from amazon. Currently it’s in organic performax mirical grow mixed with worm castings (I know it’s not the best soil for it, I didn’t know what I was doing before :sob:) I have a 3 gallon fabric pot waiting for the soil to arrive. I ordered FF ocean forest soil, coco, size 3 perlite, and compost. I’m going to do the 1:1:1 ratio soil thing. I think the light only has one switch. I’ll take a closer look at it though to see if there are multiple switches somewhere.

2 Likes

Miracle gro pro is fine. This is always what i think of when i hear miracle gro.

4 Likes

Just checked. There’s only one light switch. :disappointed:

2 Likes