Vegetative stage limits?

yea for $300 thats pretty weak sauce.

1 Like

That’s fine. How far above the plant would you say it is and does it say on the tag (maybe on top?) how many watts it uses at the wall? Sounds like your on top of it! :+1:

1 Like

I just moved the plant down a little so maybe 6 inches of so from the lamp? This is what is on the lamp itself.

Here is my current grow set up:

1 Like

it pulls 339 from the wall

1 Like

Hmm ok. Did the light come with any paperwork? Or can you look up specs where you bought it at? Like often amazon lists spec info under the item. Determining watts used at the wall helps figure out how close you can put it to the plant. Another way is to slowly lower it until you notice a little something not right on the plant then raise it just enough to where it’s better. That’s how you find the “sweet spot” for the light.

1 Like

That’s not bad at all. Plenty for one plant. Play with the height and find its sweet spot. With the fox farm ocean soil you shouldn’t need to add any more nutes for 4-5 weeks.

1 Like

Have you given any thought to topping or training the plant?

1 Like

@kdawg That was going to be my next question for y’all! How do you train your plants? I know people bend them and stuff, I just don’t want to do something wrong and hurt my plant. Lolz

I just called my dispensary and found out my seed is an auto flower. @PreyBird1 @Slym3r What should I do to try and maximize my yield with the setup that I have? I was hoping I could keep it in the vegetative stage but it looks like lucky will flower whether I want her to or not. :grimacing:

2 Likes

How old did you say she is?

Almost 3 weeks. :expressionless: it popped out of the ground on the 27th of August

I havent grown an auto yet myself . She will flower at a certain time for sure. They have less time to train them and I’m not sure if you can at this point. Wait for others here to help you on that one. You may be able to top her once asap but just not sure at 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I didn’t know that my dispensary knew the genetics! I can’t wait till my next grow. I’m definitely not going to start till I have the perfect environment next time. I never expected lucky to do so well but with all your help she’s doing pretty well for being grown on a windowsill with 1 baby grow light.

2 Likes

@katmwall remember you always have the outside sun to do some mad growing during the day.

An auto will flower regardless. You can train anytime. The earlier the better results.

This is great practice time. As will most of your first grows will. You can tweak your environments. There is tons of reading on this site that is awesomely beneficial.

1 Like

I’m just starting to find the articles about growing on this site! You’re right. They are extremely helpful! If you guys ever have articles you think would be helpful please please feel free to share the links. I have been reading everything you guys have sent with gusto and I still have so much to learn. (Obviously as we have seen by my light fiasco)

I do have my plant on the windowsill and it gets some pretty decent sun in the afternoon (if it’s sunny out). I’m worried about moving lucky outside during the day because it’s gotten colder here (I’m in Illinois). And lucky is used to it being 75-80 degrees. Would the cold shock it? It’s like 63 degrees out here right now…

you need to lst it. Open the canopy. Google light stress training and learn it.

2 Likes

thats a bit chilly

1 Like

Before training your plant, i think the main problem is the pot size, try to transplant it to a bigger pot, and you can extend the veg stage if you want to, just dont change the light schedule , i had one in Veg for over 8 weeks

1 Like

I know some growers who have mother plants for years. If you like this strain you should consider keeping her in veg always and taking clones from her. If you leave a plant in veg, just make sure to trim her back every so often so she doesn’t become a monster.

3 Likes